Deleted

Just how important is a good weapon?

Hello Hunters!

I'm currently playing Survival in raids and i've been stuck with an ilvl 630 gun since I hit level cap, you can have a peep at my armoury here to have a look at my gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rdock/advanced

I'm currently sitting on about 20-23k~ DPS in most fights, would obtaining a new weapon such as a http://www.wowhead.com/item=113652&bonus=566 give me a big dps gain?

Thanks

Yes, a 40 ilvl increase will boost your damage, by a lot.

Sort of /meh for Survival (Multistrike is worth more than weapon DPS), super-amazing for MM, a bit less meh but not quite as awesome for BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Sort of /meh for Survival (Multistrike is worth more than weapon DPS), super-amazing for MM, a bit less meh but not quite as awesome for BM.
    Your stat weights are way different than someone in Normal-Heroic gear.

Stat weights when I sim'd his char.

Agi . AP . Wdps Mult Vers Crit Mast Haste
    1.00 0.90 0.81 0.50 0.32 0.32 0.29 0.18

If he went from a 630 to a 670 from brackenspore, then he would get a huge boost in dps.

EDIT:
    Sim'd a ~1300 dps gain from 630 gun to 670 bow.
    Last edited by minigun; 2015-01-08 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minigun View Post
    Your stat weights are way different than someone in Normal-Heroic gear.

Stat weights when I sim'd his char.

Agi . AP . Wdps Mult Vers Crit Mast Haste
    1.00 0.90 0.81 0.50 0.32 0.32 0.29 0.18

If he went from a 630 to a 670 from brackenspore, then he would get a huge boost in dps.

EDIT:
    Sim'd a ~1300 dps gain from 630 gun to 670 bow.
    1) No, they're not.

2) Yours are basically equal to mine, wtf are you saying?

3) Multistrike isn't better than wDPS per point, they're just close. (See new weights).

4) Your wDPS weight is wrong, good jooob. Let's all blindly copy-paste scale factor results. #theorycraft

1) No, they're not.

2) Yours are basically equal to mine, wtf are you saying?

3) Multistrike isn't better than wDPS per point, they're just close. (See new weights).

4) Your wDPS weight is wrong, good jooob. Let's all blindly copy-paste scale factor results. #theorycraft
    1) Yes, they are.

MainHandDps 0.70 16% off
    Multistrike 0.65 30% off
    Versatility 0.38
    CriticalStrike 0.37
    Mastery 0.27
    Haste 0.22

This is why you sim your own character...

The order is more or less the same, but that is an obvious outcome.

You are such an immature child that can't stand to be called out on your bullshit. If you were half as smart as you thought you were, you wouldn't be here trolling the forums constantly.

2) This is just #1 again...

3) You said this trying to claim that Wdps was inferior, not me!
    Sort of /meh for Survival (Multistrike is worth more than weapon DPS)
    4) All you did was run the sim and troll on the forums. Your understanding of statistics is poor at best. You aren't even in a great guild... So, where does your arrogance even come from? I actually feel kind of bad for you, because you obviously can't be a productive member of society with your antisocial tendencies. The only place you fit in is at a computer terminal, as it's the one place no one will reprimand you. You are the epitome of a basement dwelling loser.

I could probably train a monkey to do what you do here. Hit sim, post sim, go on an ad hominem rant.
    Last edited by minigun; 2015-01-08 at 10:01 AM.

Interesting how you would completely ignore the fact that your other stat values are

1) Lower, which partly explains your lower Multistrike value which mine is faaaar from 30% off in comparison.

-- I was gonna make more points, but you spend the rest of your numbered points bashing someone on forums.

And you're calling me the basement dwelling loser.

And yes, I am entirely on these forums to troll. Have been for the past year. You heard it here first.

Interesting how you would completely ignore the fact that your other stat values are

1) Lower, which partly explains your lower Multistrike value which mine is faaaar from 30% off in comparison.

-- I was gonna make more points, but you spend the rest of your numbered points bashing someone on forums.

And you're calling me the basement dwelling loser.
    Ohh the irony...
    All you do is steal other peoples work, act like it's your own, and attack other posters.

All you do is steal other peoples work, and act like it's your own.
    Steal whose work?

Effin's, whose work I fundamentally disagree with and constantly point out that I do? Seems like a solid guy to steal info from.

Icy-Veins, the guide I write?

Niix', the guide based on info that Niix largely gets from me (at least when he started it)?

Noxxic? xD

Steal whose work?

Effin's, whose work I fundamentally disagree with and constantly point out that I do? Seems like a solid guy to steal info from.

Icy-Veins, the guide I write?

Niix', the guide based on info that Niix largely gets from me (at least when he started it)?

Noxxic? xD
    You take the info others create, and update a guide.... Ohh my...What an intellectual powerhouse! Could you teach me how to have no life, and dwell in the basement all day?

Your personal arguments, which are the only thing I see you contribute are usually poor at best. You contradict yourself constantly. You ignore data, claiming it to be anecdotal, and then use your own 'anecdotal' information to push an argument.

Your personal arguments, which are the only thing I see you contribute are usually poor at best. You contradict yourself constantly. You ignore data, claiming it to be anecdotal, and then use your own 'anecdotal' information to push an argument.
    So I am stealing whose work exactly? ;P

1) If you think my personal arguments are "poor", come up with some of your own.
    2) I don't contradict myself, I correct myself. The last example of which you clearly found to be contradicting indeed. Says more about your deduction skills IMO.
    3) I ignore anecdotal evidence, correct!
    4) No, I don't. That simple. ;P

So I am stealing whose work exactly? ;P

1) If you think my personal arguments are "poor", come up with some of your own.
    2) I don't contradict myself, I correct myself. The last example of which you clearly found to be contradicting indeed. Says more about your deduction skills IMO.
    3) I ignore anecdotal evidence, correct!
    4) No, I don't. That simple. ;P
    1) You attack anyone that posts anything, if your sensitive ego feels threatened. Not constructive criticism either, but just trollish ad hominem personal attacks.
    2) Yes you do. I remember just the other day you said some data was irrelevant, and at the same time called the sample size too small. That is a contradiction. If the sample size is too small, then the data is relevant, but there isn't enough of it.
    3) Good joooob! Might want to look up that word though....
    4) Yes you do. I have seen you do it on numerous occasions. You post one sims from one fight, and draw conclusions from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrdock View Post

I'm currently sitting on about 20-23k~ DPS in most fights, would obtaining a new weapon such as a http://www.wowhead.com/item=113652&bonus=566 give me a big dps gain?

Thanks
    Depends on what you consider a big boost. It won't put you near 30k if you expect something like that.

With similar ilvl but 660 engi gun and 15% more MS (+MS gun enchant) I'm sitting at 26.5k on the Butcher. The weapon upgrade from 645 to 660 on the gun increased my DPS by ~200, so pretty much no increase at all.

1) Has nothing to do with theorycraft. Is also not trolling. Also calling others trolls is against the rules so good job.
    2) The data collected is irrelevant because the sample size shown is too small. Simple stuff.
    3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxford Dictionaries
    (Of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research:
    Sounds right about what I was expecting.

4) I have never drawn a guide-written conclusion from a log alone. Pls post examples. ^^

Also, my weapon DPS weight is not off by 16%.

If you'd enable your brain and think about the fact that there are almost no single-target fights in Highmaul, AND the fact that weapon DPS loses value when Arcane Shot constitutes more of your globals (and by extension, Serpent Sting ticks), whiiiiich leads to 0.7.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    Depends on what you consider a big boost. It won't put you near 30k if you expect something like that.

With similar ilvl but 660 engi gun and 15% more MS (+MS gun enchant) I'm sitting at 26.5k on the Butcher. The weapon upgrade from 645 to 660 on the gun increased my DPS by ~200, so pretty much no increase at all.
    I'd call this anecdotal evidence but by minigun's imaginary definition I suppose it's not.

Try putting more points into behind keyboard device. What kind of a BS example is this...

Deleted
    You're welcome.

Deleted

I'd like to know what stats you're running on that gun because that sounds ridiculous. 200 dps difference in sims?

I'm closing this thread because it got derailed quickly and the answers can already be easily found elsewhere. Or asked elsewhere, as well.