Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ryze and Dead Rising 3 have already come over to PC from their prior Xbox One exclusivity.

You're right, there's a lot of piracy on PC. But it's still a huge market that's very lucrative for a lot of companies. This is why you're seeing Square Enix bring over more and more of their FF games to the platform, and are seeing other companies from Japan that have traditionally stuck to consoles bring their games over to PC (Valkyria Chronicles and Dark Souls are already out and doing well, the Hyperdimension Neptuna games are coming etc.).
    It all sounds good to me as long as they aren't very poor direct ports. Keeping in place stuff like a 30 FPS cap is CRIMINAL.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    It kinda goes that way.

They did try something like that , not sure which game etc was it but the advantage of keyboard/mouse over the controller is insane.

Thats basically in FPS games or RPG like games where you require extensive keybinds (more than 1-5..) in everything else its doable and it would be cool if they managed to do it properly this time.
    It was that crappy Shadowrun FPS game:

http://www.totalxbox.com/21262/xbox-...-of-imbalance/

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    It all sounds good to me as long as they aren't very poor direct ports. Keeping in place stuff like a 30 FPS cap is CRIMINAL.
    Agreed. Though at least Squeenix seemed to figure that out between FFXIII/XIII-2. Even if they're not the best ports, at least they're showing improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't exactly know why Microsoft doesn't take advantage of the fact they not only have the Xbox platform, but are the overlords of the "PC Master Race". In a world right now where everything is cross platform, why wouldn't they allow their PC Gaming elite to play Xbox One games on their machines with an Xbox application? Even Phil Spencer said this makes sense. We also see Windows utilizing some of their gaming affiliations in cool ways, naming their Siri "Cortana" and codenaming their new, in-development internet browser "Spartan".
    Isn't that more in the hands of the developers than MS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's both, I would imagine. Microsoft would have to support the functionality and developers would have to choose to take advantage of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what it is. If we're talking about cross platform servers, like FFXIV where PSN and PC can play together, yes they have a say, and the main reason FFXIV isn't on Xbox is exactly that actually. Microsoft refused to have it be cross platform which the developers didn't agree to.
    If it's just cross platform games, then whatever. As long as they didn't enter a contract or are first party they can do whatever they want.

I'd love to see Xbone exclusives come out on the PC. As it is there is absolutely no way, realistically, that I will ever be buying an Xbone. But I'm sure there will be some exclusive games on it that I want to play, so it would be really lovely to have the option to play them. It would completely remove the incentive for many people to buy an Xbone though. Then again, it would massively increase the base of people buying their games, and assuming it was exclusive to Win10, it would massively incentivize people to upgrade. I'm absolutely fine on Win8.1, and have no plans to upgrade until I get a new PC which won't be for years, but if there were Xbone games I wanted to play, I'd definitely consider upgrading to Win10, as it should be cheaper than buying the console.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    It was that crappy Shadowrun FPS game:

http://www.totalxbox.com/21262/xbox-...-of-imbalance/
    That report has no sources and no validity, same thing i point out every time its linked. An article on opinions with no proof.

I don't know the technicalities, but I would think there should be something Microsoft can make software wise to interpret an Xbox One game. Unless Xbox One games are developed super specific to the Xbox One hardware. I probably sound like a total noob to someone who understands that stuff. So yeah, no clue.

I just wonder if it makes sense for a company to split their resources between Xbox and Windows that much. I've already read several articles about how investors want Microsoft to drop their Xbox division because its actually losing them money. Developing, building and shipping the consoles has that division in the red. With things like Steam out there and people already using Windows PCs to game, wouldn't it make sense for Microsoft to instead make Xbox software for existing computers? Maybe the Xbox itself becomes just a little Apple TV looking box to hook up to your TV, but actually streams from your computer or something like this:

A lot of people are mentioning Microsoft's past history as near proof that such-and-such will never happen, but let's not forget that Microsoft has a new CEO now. Nadella said early on that he wants to see more of a combined platform, so that developers don't have to do as much separate coding for desktops, tablets, phones, and Xbox. Whether or not that could imply cross-play is another step, but I'd say anything is on the table under the new reign.