Resto: Hotfix, Stack Haste now?

With the haste hotfix to wildgrowth, do we just want to load up on all haste enchants/gems instead of mastery now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like before, it still doesn't matter what you pick. They are both very good stats for you and want them both. What you choose to enchant is up to you.

Personally I'm gonna keep mastery because I share some prices with my boomkin set so it just makes sense to try to get the best of both.

Deleted
    Dont know if i'll go for haste now, but in blackrock foundry and with our 4-P T17, we'll able to spam more our Wild growth than now, then haste 'll be our primary for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Galoux View Post
    Dont know if i'll go for haste now, but in blackrock foundry and with our 4-P T17, we'll able to spam more our Wild growth than now, then haste 'll be our primary for sure
    The thing with our 4T17 is, that it's simply bad. 25% of the cost of a wildgrowth doesn't even cover the subsequent HT cast, so you absolutely have to pair it with the 2 piece - and then you're looking at an additional wildgrowth every 4 minutes (at most, if you for some reason decide to hold onto the 3rd ns charge, it's less).

Quote Originally Posted by Galoux View Post
    There is something wrong with this mentality. You want to cast Wild Growth whenever it will do little overhealing (i.e. when its HPM is better than Rejuv's). This won't change with the mana cost reduction. If you currently hold back on Wild Growth when it would be good "because of mana" and instead cast Rejuvs, you're doing it wrong.

What the cost reduction of WG will do is allow is to use Rejuv more. In a normal raid encounter (i.e. no gimmicks like Brackenspore), we cast a set amount of spells (LB, Shroom, tank healing, WG for AoE) and use spare mana to rejuv (e.g. before/during intense AoE). More mana means more Rejuvs, not WGs.

Also, I think that starting a rotational healing style where you always cast 2 HTs for every WG is wrong. You don't want to cast HT on a player that doesn't need healing, just for the proc. You also don't want to start casting HT in a high-throughput phase for the proc. You'll probably get the best result if you heal normally (and use HT with buffed NS, but only when you need the healing).

Question on the 4T17 - does the WG need to come immediately after the 2 HTs or what is the duration on the buff that reduces the cost of the WG?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    You'll probably get the best result if you heal normally (and use HT with buffed NS, but only when you need the healing).
    I find very little times to ever use healing touch right now even =/. On our first Mythic Twins kill the other night I had 6 total healing touches on a 7m fight. I think I'm just gonna pass on the tier unless no one needs it to start.

As for casting HT I find myself hardly ever casting it. Maybe if I was careless and have ran myself close to being oom I might cast it a few times. It's to long of a cast to get off with the amount of healing it does. Right or wrong idk but that's just my play style. With that said I don't see myself going after the tier set, at least not right off the bat. I'll give it up to another class that'll get more of a benefit from it than I feel I would.

On topic, I still think that haste and mastery will remain the same. Take what you prefer based on play style. I'll be keeping an eye on my logs to see if I can notice a significant increase to the healing my WG does. I currently have more haste than mastery, not by choice I personally would prefer mastery but I'm not lucky enough to get the drops I want.

The only tier pieces you are going to want from BRF are going to be the legs and the shoulders. The tier legs are perfectly itemized with haste / mastery, and the tier shoulders are mastery / multistrike. The off set shoulders are mastery / crit (subject to faulty memory, but I do remember mastery as being one of the stats). Basically the tier shoulders are marginally better than the off set, but since you are already going to want to be using the tier legs, you might as well pick up the 2 piece. It's a decently nice buff, since the extra 50% healing for a HT will make it more comparable to Rejuve as far as HpM and HpS goes. As stated above, the 4 piece fucks with play style for the worse and is not at all worth it for resto. The other off set pieces are marginally better than the tier, so there is really no reason to pick up a 3rd tier piece and be pushed to using that abysmal 4 piece.

Edit for actual stats:

Off set helm: Mastery / Multistrike vs Tier: Crit / Haste
    Off set shoulders: Crit / Mastery vs. Tier: Mastery / Multistrike
    Off set chest: Mastery / Multistrike (also a crit / vers option) vs. Tier: Crit / Mastery
    Off set gloves: Mastery / Multistrike vs. Tier: Haste / Multistrike
    Off set legs : Mastery / Multistrike vs. Teir; Haste / Mastery

With the hotfix to WG and haste breakpoints, the tier gloves really are not that bad. Personally, I value mastery above haste, but only very marginally. I also devalue Crit due to using the Glyph of Regrowth for spending Omen procs. So not wanting to take away tier pieces from people who would actually use them, I will not be going for any tier pieces. I would take either the gloves or the shoulder as my second tier piece for the 2 set, but would prefer the shoulders just to reduce crit more. Personal preference.
    Last edited by Eiche; 2015-01-09 at 06:56 PM.

Having used the 2/4 pc on beta quite a bit, it is not nearly as hard to utilize as people are making it out to be (even outside of 2pc); and with mana currently being our largest limiting factor in raids, I look forward to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the change to WG really has no relevance on our stats prio. Before it was really only bad to be close/under 900, now it doesn't matter. Otherwise haste is still roughly equal to mastery depending on play-style, just like before. The value of either is not really changed.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2015-01-09 at 09:21 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, people don't understand that the Stat priority was accounting for the unbugged version of wild growth and not the bugged version. Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Having used the 2/4 pc on beta quite a bit, it is not nearly as hard to utilize as people are making it out to be (even outside of 2pc); and with mana currently being our largest limiting factor in raids, I look forward to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the change to WG really has no relevance on our stats prio. Before it was really only bad to be close/under 900, now it doesn't matter. Otherwise haste is still roughly equal to mastery depending on play-style, just like before. The value of either is not really changed.
    Yo, offtopic, but your ring is unenchanted
    Last edited by Music; 2015-01-10 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Yo, offtopic, but your ring is unenchanted
    Hah! Better than wearing my Cloak of Coordination, which has never happenned, ever..
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

For sure, Hamlet thinks haste > mastery, and most top ranking druids are enchanted full haste. Also haste has its own benefits outside of just raw output. Most of our output is from hots