Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    Paragon to win because they recognise the strength of the true masterclass, Brewmasters.
    you mean enhancement shamans?

This race for BRF will be more about who gears up the best in highmaul. I think the fights will be tougher with earlier potential gear checks, and youll really see the smarter guilds coming out on top. Paragon are the champs, so theyll be in the discussion for sure, along with method and exorsus. I think the real wild cards are the US/OCE guilds, ascension, blood legion, envy, and midwinter should all be top contenders as well... Midwinter's late finish in highmaul didnt seem to phase them, as most of their streamers all say the same thing "brf is the real race" so im expecting them to bring it hard

paragon, no reason to doubt them, never lost in the bracket they raid since LK.

Dragon soul doesn't count + worst instance ever

World First goes to Paragon. US First goes to Midwinter

Paragons Nothing comes close

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    paragon, no reason to doubt them, never lost in the bracket they raid since LK.

Dragon soul doesn't count + worst instance ever
    if you dont count dragon soul because it was "worst instance ever" then we shoudlnt count any of mop as well because 10m competition is was no where near as competitive as the 25 man competition for world first. Majority of the best players going who actually cared for world first played in 25 guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Krippz View Post
    World First goes to Paragon. US First goes to Ascension
    fixed that for you. In b4 butthurt americans come along saying that they don't count for u.s first.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    fixed that for you. In b4 butthurt americans come along saying that they don't count for u.s first.
    On this note, I'd like to see Ascension make top 3. However, I think the top 3 (a bit more realistically) will go to Pagaron > Method > Excorsus, followed by Ascension > Blood Legion > Style War > Midwinter. After that I don't care too much, but I'd also like to see REM in the top 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

The Chinese guilds are very strong and are serious contenders for world first. People discount them because they "abused" the faction transfer/BMAH for Highmaul, but keep in mind WOD released in China on 11/20, a full week behind EU/US release 11/13. Highmaul opened two days after EU/US. Just by the time difference in WOD release alone, Chinese players suffered a handicap where they had to play catch up from the get go. Wowprogress only accounted for the time difference of Highmaul release.

Besides, on a fight like Mythic Imperator, a measly 3-6 ilvl difference wouldn't carry the raid where execution is of utmost importance.

BRF will open when everyone will almost be on equal footing ilvl-wise, so there won't be any need for Style Wars to play the BMAH game this time.
    Last edited by corebit; 2015-01-09 at 03:27 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Agreed to most posts above, Paragon to be the world first then shortly after Method and US first Midwinter.

I'm by no means a Blood Legion fanboy, but I feel like they're going to get the US first. Ascension have shown in the past that over a short span (1-2 weeks) they can be strong. But over a longer time period they tend to drop back significantly. I do think they'll beat Midwinter, but I don't think they can stand against the hours that an unhindered (No Rigg MIA) can throw at an instance.

My prediction,

1st - Paragon
    2nd - Method
    3rd - Blood Legion
    4th - Exorsus
    5th - Ascension

I feel like Midwinter simply don't raid enough to keep up with these guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Besides, on a fight like Mythic Imperator, a measly 3-6 ilvl difference wouldn't carry the raid where execution is of utmost importance.
    You are of course correct about asian guilds having to play catch up. Regarding the difference in ilevel you are totally wrong.

Paragon killed Imperator with a guild ilevel of 668,14.
    Style Wars killed Imperator with a guild ilevel of 677,78.

This is a huge difference. Just take a look at Wowprogress instead of making things up.

Also, i don't get why people are writing that the race in BRF depends heavily upon who gets the best gear from Highmaul Mythic. That doesn't make much sense. Guilds are fairly equal in gear right now. For instance, the difference in ilvl between guilds like Method and Paragon is smaller now than when they killed Imperator. It's logical that the gear difference between guilds will be insignificant when BRF Mythic release, also with gear from BRF HC taken into account. The World First Blackhand kill will be about a mix of tactics, skill level, time spent and so on. As usual, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post

A transition from i2 to p3 with nothing alive / vs having a reaver beating your face is a huge difference in difficulty on by far the hardest phase in the encounter.

I doubted paragon in favour of Method for Highmaul, I am converted. Paragon > Method then the rest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak View Post
    if you dont count dragon soul because it was "worst instance ever" then we shoudlnt count any of mop as well because 10m competition is was no where near as competitive as the 25 man competition for world first. Majority of the best players going who actually cared for world first played in 25 guilds.
    Is that why Paragon, consisting of the #1 and #2 10man guild ended up beating Method decisively in Highmaul?

Also the merged German 10 man guilds ended up taking German 1st and 2nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    my vote is with a new spanish guild that killed imperator in under 1 days worth of attempts
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/ragnaros/KLG
    (just joking mostly lol, idc who really, am rooting for blood legion though, but who knows if it's ever gonna happen lol)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Is that why Paragon, consisting of the #1 and #2 10man guild ended up beating Method decisively in Highmaul?

Also the merged German 10 man guilds ended up taking German 1st and 2nd.
    not sure what that has to do with ANYTHING. Anyone who takes world first seriously will tell you that 10 man world first competition was complete shit through MoP. No one gave a shit about 10 mans through mop, world first was centered around 25 man. Paragon dominated 10man so easily because competition was weak.

Just look at 10m ToT. Paragon killed 10m h lei shen 2 weeks before the next 10m guild killed it because most of the good players who gave a shit for world first were 25. Even 10m h garrosh paragon was almost a week ahead of the next 10m guild. 10m world first competition was like non existent.

Now you see they are only ~1 day ahead of the other guilds on their margok kill simply because they have to compete with people who actually give a shit about world first now.

Just saying, wouldn't compare paragons 10m feats with anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    my vote is with a new spanish guild that killed imperator in under 1 days worth of attempts
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/ragnaros/KLG
    (just joking mostly lol, idc who really, am rooting for blood legion though, but who knows if it's ever gonna happen lol)
    holy shit thats really impressive

15+ Year Old Account
    not sure what that has to do with ANYTHING.
    It clearly disproves your idea that 'the best players' played 25 man.

Competition was shit for both 25 man and 10 man in MoP. People quiting after the DS disaster.

Just look at 10m ToT. Paragon killed 10m h lei shen 2 weeks before the next 10m guild killed it because most of the good players who gave a shit for world first were 25. Even 10m h garrosh paragon was almost a week ahead of the next 10m guild. 10m world first competition was like non existent.

Now you see they are only ~1 day ahead of the other guilds on their margok kill simply because they have to compete with people who actually give a shit about world first now.
    What was the gap from Method to Blood Legion in ToT?
    By the way the same guild that was beaten by #6 10 man Practice.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2015-01-09 at 04:29 PM.