Deleted

Unhappy "a disk read error has occurred" SSD HELP

So I'm running an ADATA sp9000 128gb ssd and next to that a WD 1000gig HDD
    I've got 8.1 64bit windows installed , did nothing out of the ordinary prior to error occurrance...

All went smooth with the pc until this morning when i booted it only shows 'a disk read error has occurred , press ctrl alt del to reboot'

When i go into the bios and check the mobo connections my ssd and hdd show up but there seems to be a problem

What should i do ??

Tried replacing the sata cable? Connecting to another slot?

That was the problems the 2 times I got that error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    do you mean the power cable or the white one ?

- - - Updated - - -

i tried different cable , still doesn't work , but they show up in the bios so they can't be broken right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odylong View Post
    do you mean the power cable or the white one ?

- - - Updated - - -

i tried different cable , still doesn't work , but they show up in the bios so they can't be broken right?
    Yes, they can.

It cant read the boot drive, either the SSD has a issue or it isnt set as the boot drive.

Is the SSD set as the primary boot or is the 1TB?, check your bios and see under boot order.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Yes, they can.

It cant read the boot drive, either the SSD has a issue or it isnt set as the boot drive.

Is the SSD set as the primary boot or is the 1TB?, check your bios and see under boot order.
    Also make sure its not trying to boot to a USB device of some kind. Flash drive, external HDD etc.

If the SSD is first in the boot order and it does not boot......that SSD is probably toast.
    "Old WoW was when the game was bad yet good. New WoW is when the game is good yet bad." -Destil