Thread: Stat priorities

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice idea but it doesn't work at all. Stat priorities change based on ST, cleaving, 3+, etc... That Spriest stat prio is dead wrong for ST.

brewmaster should be
    armor>crit=master>vers>multi>haste

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Blackery View Post
    It's a nice idea but it doesn't work at all. Stat priorities change based on ST, cleaving, 3+, etc... That Spriest stat prio is dead wrong for ST.
    I will add a section for shadow because it does change per talent. I will start with what i shamelessly stole from icy veins and you guys have been great to point out changes and go from there.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I made a simple spreadsheet for my guild that shows stat priorities to help with loot distribution.

If anyone finds it helpful here it is

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Why do both Fury and Arms have Strength on their list but Protection doesn't?

Entirely depends what set of talents you run with (Not to mention what fight you are talking about), it's rather ironic that you equalize Crit / Haste / MS yet continue talking down to someone offering help so people who may not be worrying about carrying 3 sets of gear or swapping specs based on fights.
    I'm sure he might be a nice guy, but his concept of a list that just ranges 2ndary stats from best to worst, without any kind of explaination or numbers to back it up, is useless, at best. Even if it was a good way to approach classes, like half of the stat prios in the doc are dead wrong (as evidenced by the many corrections in this thread).

And no, It does not depend on your talent choice, because on a ST fight you will always be playing with CoP/ToF/MFI, and the stat prio for that is Int > Mastery > Crit/MS > Haste >>> Versa

Can I offer you a few courses in basic human interaction mixed with some common decency and respect, or perhaps a self-esteem boosting course?
    Read the part before the comma, then read the part after the comma. Proceed to realise just how stupid it looks.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

This post made me remember a similar post from a few weeks ago. Might want to check your weights against this guys since everyone on these forums already told him how stat weights are situational and how wrong he was about each class/spec: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oot-Council%29

Personally, I find these quick reference guides very helpful for alts and selling 640 ilvl gear on the AH so I appreciate it very much. Thank you!

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it me or would it just be easier to say OK who needs item x. If more than one person wants ask if they are a bis either. If yes on both people just give to the better player. Much simpler

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a good idea, in theory, and maybe for a very generalized look to see who might benefit from different pieces, but stat priorities change as you gear up based on the other stats you currently have, as well as most classes/specs having talent combinations which also swap around secondaries. Its probably more useful just to look at the main secondary that a particular spec wants, as that generally won't change (although BRF set bonuses affect at least some specs in that regard). Oh, those cloth gloves have Mastery on them? Great, that's what the Arcane mage wants. If another cloth caster also prioritizes Mastery, then you can have a quick discussion about how good the other stat is - but at the same time, there are very limited options for all slots right now, so its not like there's a ton of flexibility anyway.

For example, my Arcane mage stats are not in the same order you have on there when I simmed it a few days ago. The top 3 talent combinations for single-target Frost mages all have Vers above crit, and crit/mastery/haste all change positions depending on which combination you're using. I think this sort of thing is pretty similar for most specs.

I get why you'd want something like this, but I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into it, and hopefully other factors are used to determine as well (what are they upgrading, when they got gear recently, or whatever).