Page 64 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's gone from minor irritation to absolute rage for me. Really to the point of not being much fun anymore. Seems like every guy has the perfect answers or top decks the exact card they need for the exact amount of lethal damage. Got up to rank 16 but then lost game after game last night and back to 19. Everyone on my friends list was like 18 or 19 when usually a lot of them are 10-12 at this point. The game took a huge nose dive in fun factor with WoG. Lousy players winning because of lucky card draws, stupid C'thun decks that you need to deal out 30 dmg before turn 10 or you're dead. Just more stress than fun these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    Just more stress than fun these days.
    Anger management , it goes much easier if you stop having expectations about the game. Only professional streamers need to punish themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Anger management , it goes much easier if you stop having expectations about the game. Only professional streamers need to punish themselves.
    I hear ya. It's just the RNG has started to actually really anger me. I get home from work and load up the game and watch some streaming to relax. What happens usually is I play my favorite deck and start out with a nice 5-6 game losing streak of mostly face shamans. They have an answer for every early game minion I play and my board is empty while they fill up with tunnel trogg, frost wolves, and totems. Same thing with rogues lately. Anything I put on board gets either sapped or taken out with combos. I am by no means a great player, but I used to have fun with the game and get to rank 9-10. Ever since WoG it seems like a struggle just to get out of the 18-20 range. Maybe I should post some gameplay video and see if I am just playing like an ass or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's gone from minor irritation to absolute rage for me. Really to the point of not being much fun anymore. Seems like every guy has the perfect answers or top decks the exact card they need for the exact amount of lethal damage. Got up to rank 16 but then lost game after game last night and back to 19. Everyone on my friends list was like 18 or 19 when usually a lot of them are 10-12 at this point. The game took a huge nose dive in fun factor with WoG. Lousy players winning because of lucky card draws, stupid C'thun decks that you need to deal out 30 dmg before turn 10 or you're dead. Just more stress than fun these days.
    This is exactly how I feel about it, I remember when people said oh you should try this deck or that deck if you think its so easy and getting hands like that is once in a blue moon, I must be the blue moon as every time I face them they get the draws to pull funky shit off and leave me at 4 hp by turn 5 lol..
    And you are right this xpac for me has pretty much removed the fun from the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear ya. It's just the RNG has started to actually really anger me. I get home from work and load up the game and watch some streaming to relax. What happens usually is I play my favorite deck and start out with a nice 5-6 game losing streak of mostly face shamans. They have an answer for every early game minion I play and my board is empty while they fill up with tunnel trogg, frost wolves, and totems. Same thing with rogues lately. Anything I put on board gets either sapped or taken out with combos. I am by no means a great player, but I used to have fun with the game and get to rank 9-10. Ever since WoG it seems like a struggle just to get out of the 18-20 range. Maybe I should post some gameplay video and see if I am just playing like an ass or something.
    I also have been saying I should just start recording my games and put them on you tube and see if anyone else has the same terrible luck but I can only play the cards I draw into so its not exactly rocket science

Aw man, I love getting outskilled by C'Thun decks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    We're not really going to pretend that the game just now suddenly got a ton of RNG in it, are we?
    Haha no no it is nothing new as we know

We're not really going to pretend that the game just now suddenly got a ton of RNG in it, are we?
    Haha, no but it seemed to be a lot more skilled based than it is now. Seems like Blizz really did something with the xpac to screw up the fun of the game. I'm sure it must be me, because after so much of the Shaman crap I decided to play the same aggro Shaman deck and still couldn't catch a break. Maybe their algorithm does something with my name and throws me a good screwing every game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm rushing down a SP nuke rogue who has Drake and Thalnos on board. I have easy lethal with weapon equipped and a Kor'kron AND MS in hand. Apart from Reno, which I know he won't have due to what he's played already, Im pretty sweet due to my HP count. He has 3 cards in hand.

He plays Auctioneer into CB. That draws him a Poison. Poison draws him a Prep (now on 0 mana). Prep draws him an Evis. Evis draws another Prep. Prep draws him Sinister Strike. Those two nukes plus minion swings plus poison swing hits me for exact lethal.

Get
    FUCKED
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2016-07-07 at 06:09 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Don't have much to say about aggro with this meta and almost zero healing/taunts unless you're priest or pally, pretty much get screwed unless you out aggro them for most other classes.

As for C'Thun just run something like N'Zoth Control Pally or something like Reno Mage. Unless the opponent has lethal from C'Thun even with Sylvanns & your other minions they can't drop it til they get rid of her. With Reno Mage just have Ice Block ready then Reno + Poly to deal with it. C'Thun isn't like Frothing Patron combo where they literally do win at turn ten with 30+ face damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, no but it seemed to be a lot more skilled based than it is now. Seems like Blizz really did something with the xpac to screw up the fun of the game. I'm sure it must be me, because after so much of the Shaman crap I decided to play the same aggro Shaman deck and still couldn't catch a break. Maybe their algorithm does something with my name and throws me a good screwing every game.
    I would actually say the game in many aspects was less skilled than it was now. Paladins were only secret pallies before WoG & the format split. It doesn't take any skill to literally make the best plays for three turns in a row (Dr. 6, Dr. 7, & Tirion). Turn 4 for almost any deck was instant shredder, again no skill or thought about what you needed to do a good part of the time. There was no such thing as a viable and consistent non-aggro hunter in ladder play. We all know about the druid problem and how the combo was required to make them viable, well that and the whole stick minions problem. I also don't even want to bring up the awful situation that was the old handlock deck. Unless you were aggro (mainly face hunter) you had a big problem trying to get past the lock's skill wall of taunts (outside of brawl or cons & equality). The old HS had many more best play moves or retarded insta board fload with fatties.

In the current HS hunter is almost universally non aggro on the ladder, Rogue actually has a decent control variant that can hit legend, warrior has multiple choices for consistent ladder grinds (C'Thun, aggro, dragon, pirate, etc). HS even made small improvements to classes, such as mages actually being given non face oriented threats like that 6 drop that summons another minion. Face decks were also slightly reduced in the current HS overall when compared to the old HS. It may seem like there is more aggro in HS, but that really isn't the case. It is just that you see aggro more concentrated behind one class (shaman & also warlock) when prior to WoG it also included face hunters and secret pallies. HS places more value on the end game now despite the inevitable face shaman matchups mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Don't have much to say about aggro with this meta and almost zero healing/taunts unless you're priest or pally, pretty much get screwed unless you out aggro them for most other classes.

As for C'Thun just run something like N'Zoth Control Pally or something like Reno Mage. Unless the opponent has lethal from C'Thun even with Sylvanns & your other minions they can't drop it til they get rid of her. With Reno Mage just have Ice Block ready then Reno + Poly to deal with it. C'Thun isn't like Frothing Patron combo where they literally do win at turn ten with 30+ face damage.

- - - Updated - - -

I would actually say the game in many aspects was less skilled than it was now. Paladins were only secret pallies before WoG & the format split. It doesn't take any skill to literally make the best plays for three turns in a row (Dr. 6, Dr. 7, & Tirion). Turn 4 for almost any deck was instant shredder, again no skill or thought about what you needed to do a good part of the time. There was no such thing as a viable and consistent non-aggro hunter in ladder play. We all know about the druid problem and how the combo was required to make them viable, well that and the whole stick minions problem. I also don't even want to bring up the awful situation that was the old handlock deck. Unless you were aggro (mainly face hunter) you had a big problem trying to get past the lock's skill wall of taunts (outside of brawl or cons & equality). The old HS had many more best play moves or retarded insta board fload with fatties.

In the current HS hunter is almost universally non aggro on the ladder, Rogue actually has a decent control variant that can hit legend, warrior has multiple choices for consistent ladder grinds (C'Thun, aggro, dragon, pirate, etc). HS even made small improvements to classes, such as mages actually being given non face oriented threats like that 6 drop that summons another minion. Face decks were also slightly reduced in the current HS overall when compared to the old HS. It may seem like there is more aggro in HS, but that really isn't the case. It is just that you see aggro more concentrated behind one class (shaman & also warlock) when prior to WoG it also included face hunters and secret pallies. HS places more value on the end game now despite the inevitable face shaman matchups mixed in.
    Yeah I've been playing mainly different reno mage decks. I usually alternate between a Yogg one and a Nzoth one. Only problem with those is that if I don't have ice block and Reno in my opening hand it's usually going to be a loss. I've been having slightly better luck with tempo mage and climbed to 15 last night. I experimented with just throwing everything at face in most fights and started winning more. SO many face shamans and warlocks who play low cost minions and get the upper hand REALLY quick. It used to be that you would only cast fireballs, frostbolts, torches at minions but now it pretty much seems you have to go face in order to have a prayer.

Hey, sometimes i really feel the same way.Its the first time since i started that im thinking about quitting the game. Its really boring to constantly play against the 3 same decks. I meet only cthun, face shaman, board flood lock....and lets be honest...nothing is worse then to get outskilled by a cthun deck....

Some days ago i tried to play 2-3 decks in "wild" and i tell you since then the fun is back in the game again. Ok, i did only some games so far but went from rank 25 to rank 15 in these few games (i played pirate rogue, mech mage, feign death hunter). The variety of decks you meet is also just way higher and more creative.

Its just the "standard" mode thats boring and dumb as fuck....i dont know why i didnt try "wild" earlier

i also started to play again arena after like 1.5 years
    Last edited by PPN; 2016-07-09 at 06:07 AM.

Had a game a couple days ago, my opponent was just losing board control (had a Sneed's Old Shredder & another fatty on the board). I kill the shredder & out pops another shredder! I mean, what are the odds?

<insert a million tales of Yogg fucking everything up>

Seriously, why do cards like that need to exist in the first place. Grr.
    Because fun.

I would hope you mean they're running Yogg though, because if he's making you this mad you probably just should make another mage deck.

"Fun" :|

And no, I don't mean my Yogg. I mean, "Game is basically over and there's no card or combination of cards they can play that will...oh wait, no. Yogg. Great. Here we go. Neat, it cleared my board, pyroblasted me in the face, drew them a full hand of cards, cast Call of the Wild for them and gave them Ice Block. Ok. Sure. Great. Spectacular play. Brilliant strategy. Masterful execution."

It's bad enough that in card games the outcome of a large percentage of games are determined once the decks are done shuffling. To throw in stuff like that on top of it is just /sadface
    Don't worry, if you ever see me play Yogg the first two things he'll play are like, 70% chance to be Hex on himself and then whirlwind.

<insert a million tales of Yogg fucking everything up>

Seriously, why do cards like that need to exist in the first place. Grr.
    I feel the same way about C'thun

10+ Year Old Account
    Reno Jackson is a complete fucking cunt and should of never been fucking put in the game....3 yes fucking 3 complete random Reno losses in a row

Had a game against this priest in Wild the other day against my deathrattle hunter. Get them down to 3 health and gave them a well played because, hey they don't have Reno so not like I can lose with an established board right? Game went right down hill after that. C'Thun minion 10 heal, Sludge Belcher the turn after that, Brann + 10 C'Thun heal for 20 healing, hero power almost every turn, N'Zoth to bring back a couple of taunts, and pretty sure there was a Darkshire Alchemist there at some point too. Freaking what the hell? Went from having them at 3 health with a much stronger board than them to a losing game that couldn't get them down past 6 health. A big heal or taunt was literally played almost every turn after that.

That's why you never BM with a Well Played game that you think you have folks. Bad things happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Reno Jackson is a complete fucking cunt and should of never been fucking put in the game....3 yes fucking 3 complete random Reno losses in a row
    Well the upside is that Reno sees a lot less play in this meta than during the one just prior to WotOG, except for Reno Rogue I mean who expected that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Playing yshaaj druid. Early on the season in the low ranks I've been seeing all sorts of weird crappy decks and cringe worthy misplays but yet they somehow are in league with rngesus and I get shit draws while they get ridiculously lucky.

Playing against a rogue. First turn he elven archers my face. 2nd turn novice engineer. I get some good ramp and have yshaarj in hand ready for turn 10. Turn 9 he plays the 6/8 taunt bog lord. I have a damaged silenced ysera, a damaged emerald Drake, and throw yshaarj down who pulls out rag. I'm sitting at 23 health. He has a 5 attack dagger with 1 swing get left from a previous squid pirate deathrattle. He plays thistle tea, gets 3 copies of cold blood and swing for exactly lethal.
    I'm constantly getting people who mongoloid play like that and they still win because the game is pretty much designed to allow you to mongo to win. They should have gone with the MtG format of allowing the defending player to declare blockers not have the stupid taunt system.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I'm constantly getting people who mongoloid play like that and they still win because the game is pretty much designed to allow you to mongo to win. They should have gone with the MtG format of allowing the defending player to declare blockers not have the stupid taunt system.
    Sadly this is mostly true. Was playing in Wild this week and get killed by a secret pally despite them having to go through TWO Sludge Belchers and my Healbot heal. And don't even talk about standard. Unless you're a priest, C'Thun Druid, or warrior you won't be getting any reliable taunts or heals, unless you Yolo Reno of course.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-07-11 at 08:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Sadly this is mostly true. Was playing in Wild this week and get killed by a secret pally despite them having to go through TWO Sludge Belchers and my Healbot heal. And don't even talk about standard. Unless you're a priest, C'Thun Druid, or warrior you won't be getting any reliable taunts or heals, unless you Yolo Reno of course.
    I agree, Somehow Blizz have made the game to be honest pretty unfun now and I find myself conceding within a couple of draws if I have no answer to board. Not sure how they can fix it either