Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    This entire Solo Adventure for Icecrown Citadel.

I use the best possible decks that others are using, but I get the worst RNG when it comes to the AI. They just have every single possible card to counter every card I play, making it literally impossible for me to land a single hit without them regaining it back, throwing a wall of taunts in my face, or just the fucking mechanic being so much bullshit that it's just not fun at all.
    I remember playing the old Expansions they had, you know, where they had a Normal and Heroic difficulty? I guess this expansion they decided "No more fun, it's just pain and suffering this time." The fights were still challenging, they were fun, they were exciting. And the Heroic Mode was for people who wanted that extra challenge. But no. Let's just forget about people who want to experience the fun aspects of the game, and instead focus on making it only accessible to those who want to fight the most difficult bosses in the fucking world.

And before some smartass tells me to 'Uhhh just git gud scrub lololol', I get that these bosses are possible. But I miss bosses that had fun challenges, like almost every OTHER expansion. Not just throwing away Normal Mode and replacing it with a Heroic-Only mode. I don't want it to be so easy it's cakewalk, but I don't want it to be so difficult I can hardly play it without wanting to kill myself. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.
    Personally I prefer Adventures that are too hard rather than too easy. Normal Karazhan was so easy it was a joke you could do it blindfold nor was Heroic very challenging.

The other problem is how does one create a difficulty that's a happy medium for all abilities, experience and card collections? Perhaps they could nerf it over time like they do with WoW bosses. If you really do give up there's always Hearthpwn and Youtube, there'll still be bosses that require multiple attempts before everything lines up though but that's the same for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Personally I prefer Adventures that are too hard rather than too easy. Normal Karazhan was so easy it was a joke you could do it blindfold nor was Heroic very challenging.

The other problem is how does one create a difficulty that's a happy medium for all abilities, experience and card collections? Perhaps they could nerf it over time like they do with WoW bosses. If you really do give up there's always Hearthpwn and Youtube, there'll still be bosses that require multiple attempts before everything lines up though but that's the same for everyone.
    I did think Karazhan was a bit too easy. I ran a C'thun deck all the way through, but I don't think the remedy is making bosses tough as nails.

Edit: IT WOULD ALSO HELP IF THE BOSSES DIDN'T FEEL THE NEED TO MONOLOGUE AFTER EVERY SINGLE CARD THEY PLAYED.
    Last edited by Nekrotix; 2017-08-22 at 01:29 AM.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    This entire Solo Adventure for Icecrown Citadel.

I use the best possible decks that others are using, but I get the worst RNG when it comes to the AI. They just have every single possible card to counter every card I play, making it literally impossible for me to land a single hit without them regaining it back, throwing a wall of taunts in my face, or just the fucking mechanic being so much bullshit that it's just not fun at all.
    I remember playing the old Expansions they had, you know, where they had a Normal and Heroic difficulty? I guess this expansion they decided "No more fun, it's just pain and suffering this time." The fights were still challenging, they were fun, they were exciting. And the Heroic Mode was for people who wanted that extra challenge. But no. Let's just forget about people who want to experience the fun aspects of the game, and instead focus on making it only accessible to those who want to fight the most difficult bosses in the fucking world.

And before some smartass tells me to 'Uhhh just git gud scrub lololol', I get that these bosses are possible. But I miss bosses that had fun challenges, like almost every OTHER expansion. Not just throwing away Normal Mode and replacing it with a Heroic-Only mode. I don't want it to be so easy it's cakewalk, but I don't want it to be so difficult I can hardly play it without wanting to kill myself. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.
    This isn't a 'git good' post', though I have to say that I personally felt almost all of the bosses were boringly easy. I didn't use a single KotFT deck and had at most 3 tries on a boss, even to the point of using a memey OTK deck on the boss that kept healing back up (though I didn't use the OTK to win, but used fatigue and a few minions to do that). I hardly found that the adventure was "heroic only". It honestly felt like another normal mode adventure.

As far as the fun challenges not being there, I'd mostly disagree. Having to kill Saurfang with only weapon damage, or having to kill a boss with an OTK seems like fun challenges to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    This isn't a 'git good' post', though I have to say that I personally felt almost all of the bosses were boringly easy. I didn't use a single KotFT deck and had at most 3 tries on a boss, even to the point of using a memey OTK deck on the boss that kept healing back up (though I didn't use the OTK to win, but used fatigue and a few minions to do that). I hardly found that the adventure was "heroic only". It honestly felt like another normal mode adventure.

As far as the fun challenges not being there, I'd mostly disagree. Having to kill Saurfang with only weapon damage, or having to kill a boss with an OTK seems like fun challenges to me.
    I suppose you and I have different ideas on what a fun challenge is. I'll tell you this, however. Marrowgar, Saurfang and Sindragosa were the only three bosses I had a particularly challenging time with, and the only one I enjoyed was Sindragosa. Marrowgar and Saurfang's mechanics are just incredibly difficult to deal with if you aren't lucky (My least favorite is when Sindragosa has like, 3 Unchained Magic's in her hand and doesn't use them until the minute you get one spell in your hand, and suddenly she knows instantly that you have a spell in your hand. I get that she's a robot, but COME ON!). I found that the only way to kill Marrowgar outside of fatigue was to just get control of two Bone Spikes, and hope they survive. Saurfang I just won on a whim, I don't think I could do it again. With how he spams Taunts, Healing Enemies, and is basically able to destroy any minion he wants with 4 or less health with 0 downside. These two bosses are infuriatingly difficult, and I do hope they're nerfed somehow in the future.

I managed to beat Lana'thel and Putricide with my C'thun deck. Putricide literally on the first try. Deathwhisper being laughably easy compared to the previous two bosses with very difficult mechanics. Her's was just "Silence the dragon and win".
    I do hope the next wing provides a less frustrating challenge.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    This isn't a 'git good' post', though I have to say that I personally felt almost all of the bosses were boringly easy. I didn't use a single KotFT deck and had at most 3 tries on a boss
    I have to agree with this.
    First wing i had some trouble with Saurfang but 1 shot the other two fights.
    Second wing I did each of the fights in a few tries with my Yogg mage (1 shot Putricide). Even with Bloodqueen and Sindragosa punishing heavy spell decks like mine.

Between rank 10 to 5 i only meet 2 decks, Jadedruid & Barnes-Resurrect Priest. And that for 3 days now. Quiet boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Between rank 10 to 5 i only meet 2 decks, Jadedruid & Barnes-Resurrect Priest. And that for 3 days now. Quiet boring.
    It gets better below level 5. 1 extra deck is added. Control warlock.
    Fucking hate this boring as fuck 20 min game meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    It gets better below level 5. 1 extra deck is added. Control warlock.
    Fucking hate this boring as fuck 20 min game meta.
    And i love long games, people wanted a control meta for ages. And id take 20min games over dying on turn 4/5 anyday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    And i love long games, people wanted a control meta for ages. And id take 20min games over dying on turn 4/5 anyday.
    If it takes 20 min per game and I win 3 lose 2 I am on + 1 star after an hour of play.
    No progression at all!
    How is that any fun?

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    If it takes 20 min per game and I win 3 lose 2 I am on + 1 star after an hour of play.
    No progression at all!
    How is that any fun?
    Everyone has their own tastes for how to play and enjoy the game. In the past I have enjoyed playing some aggro (back during Undertaker Hunter) and I understand the need for quick games for a more balanced meta, but for the longest time I typically enjoy the longer fatigue style games. It may take longer, but the way I see it you might as well delete almost all of the cards if the meta is meant to always be aggro dominated, with games ending between turns 4-6.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying the latest (non druid) control matches because they are fresh. I particularly enjoy playing and facing revive priest and evolve shaman for the chaotic unpredictability of each encounter. dk mage and locks are tricky, sometimes feeling stupidly op, but not to the point of exasperation at facing them, although the dk mage matches are guilty of taking far too long to get through.

Druids quit being a fun challenge after they became 75% of the match ups. If it weren't for them, it might not feel so bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    This fucking hunter in Arena...

Led with Snail, which borked my already-disadvantageous early curve. Then dropped Wasp, next turn adapted into DS via Razormaw for extra screwing.

After a huge shitshow I finally regained board control, when he dropped Volcanosaur... into Poisonous and DS.

Then another Snail. Adapted. With. DS.

Friggin' infuriating.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Just come out of arena. First game a rogue hallucinates a free from amber which he coins out on turn 7 for a Deathwing i couldnt answer. 3rd game i "disconnect" for an auto loss even tho internet and everything else was connected fine. 6th game usual Frost Lich Jaina nonsense that i was never going to win.

Atleast i got the Lich King from the card pack after that farce.

15+ Year Old Account
    What kind of friggin Pirate Warrior runs BRAWL?!

And against my wall of taunts, has his 14/4 Frothing win it?

Bullshit, I say!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Just come out of arena. First game a rogue hallucinates a free from amber which he coins out on turn 7 for a Deathwing i couldnt answer. 3rd game i "disconnect" for an auto loss even tho internet and everything else was connected fine. 6th game usual Frost Lich Jaina nonsense that i was never going to win.

Atleast i got the Lich King from the card pack after that farce.
    Phew, rough few games for ya there. Grats on the Lich King!

Again almost only games against druids. So sad how everyone jumps on the fotm train and facerolls this punk ass noob deck. Just as every expansion milking the shit out of broken decks until they get nerfed. Man atm its so boring.

I need to start recording with a webcam, because if you could have seen the fucking look on my fucking face.

(Purposelessly blurry and small so @Twoddle doesn't say I'm crashing his browser with GB size files.)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0SjPIOD.gif[MG]
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2017-09-12 at 04:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I need to start recording with a webcam, because if you could have seen the fucking look on my fucking face.
    That's how that deck works.
    Tbh I think he messed up using Firelands Portal(in wild you can get naga which could of messed up the infinite fireball).

Exodia mage is going to be so awful soon though . It has a bad winrate now, but soon it will be under 30% after Druids get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Conceding is weak. That's on you, you still could've easily won if you had drawn an Equality or something. You could've even just dropped doomsayer again to survive more turns.

Also, that hsreplay is meh. I feel like even low quality gifs are better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    That's how that deck works.
    Wtf, I felt like king of the fucking world. How do you go from 1 hp and the quest isn't even fucking cleared to OTK'ing a Druid with a full board and 27 hp.