Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    eww...league of legends news.

please keep that away from this site

We can do lots of things in lots of different ways, and it's just about trying to be smart about how to best use each piece of content or type of mechanic in the best ways possible.

Lots of people play WoW, and there are lots of different types of players, with different amounts of time to play, and different tastes for the content and difficulty and time commitment they want to give to any of those pieces of content. The person that plays for an hour or so a few times a week is playing the same game as the person that plays five hours every night, and so that requires a lot of different types of content with lots of different types of players in-mind, and really trying to make sure we're giving everyone something they enjoy. It's hard!
    But this philosophy does not apply to flying in Draenor?

This expansion seems to encourage more solo play than group play since many people log on and sit in their garrisons doing garrison stuff and not interacting with the community. I believe having people able to go to someone else's garrison to pick up daily quests is Blizzard's way of trying to combat this trend.

I really with they would do WEEKLY quests and not daily quests..

Repeatable content you have to do every day is NOT FUN, especially if you have to do it on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Talramass View Post
    I still can't figure out why people still complain about social interactions in MMO game

If you don't like it don't play it! Stop complaining ffs!
    if people want to be social they will on their own.
    being forced to be social pisses people off

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

Repeatable content you have to do every day is NOT FUN, especially if you have to do it on alts.
    dailies give people something to do.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

Daily quests to kill X things are beyond dull.

I would love to see more quests that required at least SOME kind of thought. Sending out my followers on missions each day is fast, lets me think about a few simple tradeoffs, and gets me meaningful rewards. If daily quests could be like that but more then I could see them being fun.

I am already dreading the trade channel spam of people asking to join garrisons with the right quest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, cloth that looks like cloth! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    dailies give people something to do.
    I would rather logout to do something else, dailies shouldn't be a fix to boredom in WoW.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

In some ways I like doing only the one daily, and in some ways I miss doing the blocks of dailies. I have yet to cap out a Draenor rep. Had there been dailies like in the past I definitely would be doing them to cap out rep. But the thought of just grinding mobs to cap out rep is not something I've had the desire to do yet. So I'm welcome to the idea that they'll introduce more dailies to make it a bit more like in the past. However, having to visit other people's garrisons to potentially collect all of the dailies is absolutely abhorrent to me. Yes, I do play this game with friends regularly. But I do all of my daily stuff in the morning when I'm one of the only people on.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    You should care. If Riot is able to do it and show that having it still profitable other games out there will do the same thing. This means that they will have less latency issues when having to play online. It's bigger than you think.
    Quoted the wrong person. SO.....LLAMA LLAMA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiannor View Post
    But this philosophy does not apply to flying in Draenor?
    No, because Flying goes against a larger design philosophy.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Wow, cloth that looks like cloth! <3
    "Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Now, honestly? I've not been super crazy about many of the Armor-sets since Wrath of the Lich King.
    I'm really interested to see how people react to T18. To me it's kind of a big change in direction."

I guess their new change is actually using cloth looking material..... wow blizzard, give a bonus to those brainiacs you have working lol
    Christopher W "Garage House Screen."

It was the #1 source of creature spawns within the game, which was causing server performance degradation, and during launch we changed its behavior as one of many tweaks to help recoup some server headroom.
    Baffling. I thought the loss of 5 million players might have sufficiently lightened server headroom...

Quote Originally Posted by minnnlinz View Post
    "Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Now, honestly? I've not been super crazy about many of the Armor-sets since Wrath of the Lich King.
    I'm really interested to see how people react to T18. To me it's kind of a big change in direction."

I guess their new change is actually using cloth looking material..... wow blizzard, give a bonus to those brainiacs you have working lol
    Like really? Its a data mined texture pack thats it. How are people whining already?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post

No, because Flying goes against a larger design philosophy.

What design philosophy is that? That you should take flight paths everywhere? Because frankly that's all I get out of "no flying mounts."

Also, I'm driven to wonder why we have LoL news on the front page...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What design philosophy is that? That you should take flight paths everywhere? Because frankly that's all I get out of "no flying mounts."
    Flying mounts break the game. Anyone who wants flying mounts after all that we've experienced with them either doesn't understand the power they bring or doesn't care about experiencing the game and just wants a mindless leap-frog grind to complete their goals. Flight-paths accomplish the traveling part of flying, and that's all flying mounts should be for.

"I'm really interested to see how people react to T18. To me it's kind of a big change in direction. Our focus for quite a while has been to look at the bosses and materials of a raid environment, or iconic expansion imagery, and play off those. It's going to be a big departure, where the artists are taking a step back and really looking at the classes themselves, and looking at more classical fantasy materials--as well as just pushing the detail and quality level. I think it's kind of a cool new direction, even though it's almost like going back to a more classic look."

And all of a sudden, I'm the most excited about upcoming gear than I have been in a VERY long time. Especially as a monk - there's been so much they could work with for that class that they have. We need gear based on the Celestials. We need gear based on Chen. Sets based on various historical Asian warriors. We need to go beyond coolies, and definitely beyond the ogron-inspired freaking plate mess that is T17.