Mythic DPS Advice

I just recent made the switch to shadow from disc for mythic progression. We just downed mythic twin last night, and started attempts on brackenspore. I'm having trouble getting my dps even close to my sim dps during encounters and was hoping someone would be able to help me understand why?

Here is my armory link:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/crushridge/Mcmoocow/simple

Here are the logs from the twin kill:warcraftlogs.com/reports/G3ZXKphxftvP9dqM/#fight=13&type=damage-done&source=9

I was also curious what is the optimal talent choices for brackenspore while handling the flamethrower? I've also read that crit is more valuable for multi-target fights and was curious should I reroll my enchants to crit for progression against brackenspore?

Lastly, I was curious when using SoD. What is the optimal rotation like?

Thanks, all constructive criticism appreciated!

Deleted
    Switch Shoulders and Gloves for the Epic PVP items to get the 2set.
    Then use Dispersion with an cancel aura makro, it gives you ~2k Versatility which results in flat 15% more damage.

Its very important that you use Mindblast on CD. Allways. Your dmg at Twins is pretty low, Always keep dots up on the second Boss.
    If you find yourself moving too much at Twins specc into SoD. Otherwise plan your Positioning for twins so you can get as much cast time as possible.

For brackenspore, you shouldnt be doing the flamethrower, thats pretty much ... not so smart from your RL. I recommend letting your Owl and Healdruid doing it since these two can still perform while running and have multiple movement abilitys. Or recruit some hunters...

i looked at your longest try and you have a very very low amount of Mindblast usage. 10-20~ Mindblasts in 2-3 Minutes is WAY to low. Specc into Halo, watch your positioning.

Snipe SW's with this Makro:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@target,harm] Shadow Word: Death
    /targetenemy
    /cast Shadow Word: Death
    Put it on a second keybind and spamm it if something in the room goes below 20%.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Then use Dispersion with an cancel aura makro, it gives you ~2k Versatility which results in flat 15% more damage.
    I tried this the other day and I didn't see a DPS increase. 15% more damage for 8 seconds every 2 mins isn't a lot when you have to use a global cooldown just to get it and lower your item level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    I tried this the other day and I didn't see a DPS increase. 15% more damage for 8 seconds every 2 mins isn't a lot when you have to use a global cooldown just to get it and lower your item level.
    Just use it for the pull with equipmacros for the rest of your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Rumor was that this was hotfixed today, and PVP set bonus' no longer operate outside of pvp combat/instances. Haven't been able to test it myself yet though.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2015-01-13 at 01:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lpod64 View Post
    Lastly, I was curious when using SoD. What is the optimal rotation like?
    Assuming you're talking about Twins, you want to throw DoTs and DP on one target, MS/MB the other. While your Surge of Darkness proccs mean that Mind Spike won't remove DoTs from the target, it won't receive the bonus damage from CoP, so it's important that you Mind Spike the non-DoT target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Snipe SW's with this Makro:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@target,harm] Shadow Word: Death
    /targetenemy
    /cast Shadow Word: Death
    Put it on a second keybind and spamm it if something in the room goes below 20%.
    Am I just not doing this right or something? It isn't sniping SW: Deaths unless I actually target them, and even at that, it switches me to the other target after I only use it once, that isn't >20%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shraug View Post
    Am I just not doing this right or something? It isn't sniping SW: Deaths unless I actually target them, and even at that, it switches me to the other target after I only use it once, that isn't >20%.
    Pretty sure he means to literally spam the button. The macro should rapidly switch targets trying to cast Shadow Word: Death on each one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Rumor was that this was hotfixed today, and PVP set bonus' no longer operate outside of pvp combat/instances. Haven't been able to test it myself yet though.
    Spriest one still working for me, monk one no longer is though.