Acer CB280HK 28"4K

Hi there, just a simple question really as I've looked around a lot today for reviews on this monitor but have come up with nothing.

Basically is http://www.ebuyer.com/655861-acer-cb...r-um-pb0ee-001 any good? It seems such a low price, am I missing something?

here's a review at Tom's....

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ace...0hk,27275.html

That might help you decide.

- - - Updated - - -

seems like - only gets 60hz with Display Port, has trouble maintaining 60hz during gameplay even with DisplayPort, and cant reproduce the entire NTSC gamut at once, only a 76% spread at a time.

In other words: you get what you pay for. If available in the US, i might pick it up for use with my daily-driver Mac Mini, and itd be great (60Hz and 4k, great for movies and media) but i dont game on that.. if gaming or fast moving imagery is a thing...

Seems like a pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    seems like - only gets 60hz with Display Port, has trouble maintaining 60hz during gameplay even with DisplayPort, and cant reproduce the entire NTSC gamut at once, only a 76% spread at a time.

In other words: you get what you pay for. If available in the US, i might pick it up for use with my daily-driver Mac Mini, and itd be great (60Hz and 4k, great for movies and media) but i dont game on that.. if gaming or fast moving imagery is a thing...

Seems like a pass.
    Yeah... in terms of the gamut. 76% NTSC is pretty good for a W-LED backlit panel, though you should be looking at sRGB coverage for your normal usage. Ones that should worry about getting past the 77%+ NTSC or up into AdobeRGB range are professional art people. Most affordable one is the BenQ SW2401PT AHVA RB-LED. Don't really know how good the performance is. It's not as feature loaded as NEC and Eizo's offering but it is cheap at $499 and meant for photography. Wide gamuts cause over saturation in most cases. Whether you like it is a different thing.

That said I can't find anything of substance about the monitor.