Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 6.0.3 Hotfixes - January 9, Barn Trap Hotfix, WoW Resolutions for 2015

2.1.2 PTR Ending, Support Downtime, Gambling Tips

Deck Spotlight: Freshca's Fish Freeze, Randuin vs Randuin - Noxious & TotalBiscuit

Hero League & Draft Mode Details, New Skins and Mounts + Thrall!

Patch 6.0.3 Hotfixes - January 9
    Caerule pointed out one hotfix that didn't make the notes: Salvage containers now stack!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Garrisons, Followers, and Outposts
    • Garrison Buildings
      • [Requires a realm restart] Barn: Trapping now awards a caged beast for each nearby party member with an appropriate level barn. More information regarding the change can be found on the forums.

Creatures
    • Shadowmoon Valley
      • Bahameye should no longer be incorrectly phased in some instances.
    • Gorgrond
      • Poundfist is now immune to crowd-control effects.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Highmaul
      • Imperator Mar'gok: Councilor Gorluk's Phantasmal Weapons should no longer cause all players in the zone to go into combat.

PvP
    • Ashran
      • Grand Marshal Tremblade and High Warlord Volrath should no longer be able to be pulled through the side gates.

Battlegrounds and Arenas
    • Arathi Basin: Using Ice Floes or Aspect of the Fox should no longer incorrectly allow players to capture a point while moving.
    • Silvershard Mines: The northern track switch should now work correctly.

Barn Trap Hotfix
    Hunting Party: For each person in group (beyond 1), who has a level 3 barn, gain an additional caged animal. Cannot exceed more than 5 additional animals per trap.
    We're actually in the process of trying change the trapping mechanics to do just that. There is hotfix that's in early testing so there's no ETA yet. The hotfix will allow a single trap to award a caged beast for each nearby party member with an appropriate level barn.

For thoroughness, here are my previous posts with regards to the barn and trapping mechanic.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...85?page=22#435

So long as this doesn't screw over the solo elite trapper...this sounds good. But if people trapping beasts themselves find it impossible to tag mobs because there are 30 people in groups tagging everything in sight this will not go over well... It is great that you want to encourage grouping but not at the expense of the solo player ("solo" apexis crystal dailies I'm looking at you.)
    Once it's implemented, increase to the spawn rate and greatly increasing the number of spawn points for elite creatures should address that. As always, we'll monitor and make additional changes if it becomes necessary.

The hotfix allowing a single trap to award a caged beast for each nearby party member with an appropriate level barn has completed testing. This change requires a realm restart and is now slated to go in with the other two hotfixes that'll increase the spawn rates of elite creatures.

Remember folks, a well executed 3 man group can actually get six caged animals from a single beast RIGHT NOW.

It's just extremely inconsistent because you have to stack facing the exact same bearing, drop traps at the exact same time, wait for them to arm then drag the beast over it. Then if you know the sweet spot you can drop a second trap dead centre of the hit box and get a second caged animal from the first one you trapped.

That's what we're looking to address. Not everyone knows that you can stack traps, and when they did placement atop each other wasn't intuitive. Worse, if someone gets the placement wrong they miss out. This change is intended to promote small group play where elite creatures can continue to pose a meaningful challenge without having it turn into a zergfest. Additionally, players will have to worry less about whether their traps are stacked correctly.

What this does is make it so that you don't have to go through the trouble of stacking the traps correctly. It may fix the ability to get two cages from the same beast too, we don't know yet. But I would guess that was an unintended side-effect of them changing the trap cooldown to 15s from 30s.
    That was indeed an unintended effect of reducing trap cooldowns. The change will also eliminate trapping the exact same creature twice which wasn't an intended behavior.

My guess is that anyone who needs the savage bloods already has at least one level 3 barn that never stops processing orders. I have three barns at the moment and all three never stop producing. This fix will not in any way effect the number of bloods I get. Unless they also plan to reduce the time it takes to process orders.
    The intent was to make the caged elite creatures more available on the work order supply side. As you've astutely pointed out, there's been no change to the time it takes for a work order to complete. We'll monitor the change and make further adjustments if the availability of elite creatures continues to be a problem.

Any plans to prevent groups from monopolizing entire spawn areas? Because you know that's going to happen and zone disruption is a thing.
    Once the hotfixes have been implemented, it'll greatly increase the availability of elite creatures and that shouldn't be an issue.

WoW Resolutions for 2015
    The new year is fully underway, and many World of Warcraft players are making resolutions, setting goals, and using this opportunity to make a fresh start. If nothing else, this is a great time to plan what you’re going to do in the long term, so we asked around the studio, “What’s your WoW resolution for 2015?”

My new year’s resolution is to level all my battle pets to 25 while ensuring that each and every one is rare quality. – Crithto

In 2015, I resolve to wait at least two pulls before I die to a raid mechanic after sarcastically remarking that I can’t understand how it’s possible to ever die to that mechanic. Wait . . . never mind. That’ll have to be my 2016 resolution. – Lead Game Designer Ion Hazzikostas

I resolve to put some real effort into my Toy Box collection. I won’t say “complete it,” but it’s pretty pathetic at the moment, and I have a deep desire to be an official toy collector—and annoy or delight everyone around me by using all of them at once. – Bashiok

I resolve to smash my foes in Battlegrounds and collect all the epic weapons I can get my hands on. – Game Designer Owen Landgren

1920x1200 – Lead Narrative Designer Dave Kosak

My Warcraft resolution for 2015 is to be even friendlier to my fellow WoW players out there. We’re all in this together and generally trying to achieve the same goals, we might as well share warm regards in the process. To quote my two favorite philosophers, let’s “be excellent to each other and party on, dudes!” – Zarhym

I resolve to find a way to take all of the warm regards that Zarhym is now sharing with me and convert them into some other currency, like Garrison Resources or Pet Charms or something. – Kaivax

In 2015, I resolve to level every class that gnomes can play to 100. Gnomes can be hunters, right? No? Hmm. . . . – Senior Game Designer Jonathan LeCraft

My resolution is to unlock the level 3 Fishing Shack, continue gearing up my Followers, and use a Character Boost on a Hunter so I can run around with a stable full of the finest collection of bird pets gathered from across Azeroth, Outland, and Draenor. – Rygarius

I will use Leap of Faith only for good, never for evil. Mostly. – Lead Quest Designer Craig Amai

It’s hard to pick only one thing. I just want to make sure I’m primarily having fun. In 2015, I resolve to sup on the marrow of this game, as though every aspect of it is delicious, slow-roasted fun. You know, I may also be a bit hungry as I answer this question. Don’t judge me. – Nethaera
    We’d love to know: what are your WoW resolutions for 2015?

Cross-Realm Mythic / Mythic Lockout flexibility
    Mythic is a different concept from all other difficulties and it's not meant to be PUG friendly.
    Not enabling cross-realm mythic is a design decision. Enabling this option would imply that this content should be doable by PUGs, and because it clearly isn't, it would only lead to frustration, complaints and nerf requests.

What is happening is that some players are finding mythic Kargath to be doable with very good PUGs, but we have to keep in mind that this is only happening because he's the very first raid boss from this expansion, so he's a bit more accessible than the rest.

When Blackrock Foundry (our next raid tier) launches, it's unlikely that the difficulty level from the first boss will be proportional to Kargath's when compared to the rest of the bosses of each respective tier.

Also, we're likely going to enable cross-realm mythic Highmaul when the next tier arrives.

Account Sharing and Raid Progress
    In less than 24 hours they killed Mythic Ko'ragh and Imperator Mar'grok, those guys are definitely cheating. This situation needs to be investigated, it's just disrespectful to all the other guilds who are progressing on that fight.

Anyone can buy a boost (account-sharing) to get a realm first without being punished? I don't think so Blizz.

This situation is being investigated and, if confirmed, the appropriate actions will be taken. The reported behavior is a violation of the Terms of Use to which all players agree before entering the game.

Green Tweets
    Keep in mind that Ghostcrawler no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    World of Warcraft
    MMOC posters missed me when they were nervous about Warlords. Now that they've decided they like it, they're back to blaming me once more.
    I'd save judgement to see the next xpac -- And I doubt there will be too much change due to you not being there.
    I think they'll forget me by 7.0. Which is fine. (OccupyGStreet)

I know you don't work on WOW anymore but I'm certain you were to blame for the creation of The flexible raid system.
    A lot of people worked on it, but I'd give Ion more credit than me for carrying it through. (OccupyGStreet)

What expansion did you find to be the "best time" in WoW?
    BC was the most fun to play because I didn't work on it so everything was fresh and waiting to be discovered. (OccupyGStreet)
    Mists was fun to work on. The team had really gelled and we could add a lot of new creatures and ideas. (OccupyGStreet)

Have you played WoD?
    No. (OccupyGStreet)

Game Design
    Player interest shouldn't be the barrier - difficulty or exploration (secrets) should. Why make boring content on purpose?
    Because if it's super cool, everyone will want to see it. Now it's no longer optional content. (OccupyGStreet)

I wonder why mmos have levels at all? Why not just have all quest chains end with a known goal. Mount? Armor with haste?
    Our thought was that we knew leveling worked. There were probably other unproven forms of progression that might work as well (OccupyGStreet)

Do you think too much focus on players can actually hurt development?
    Yes. You can compromise vision if you focus too much on just giving players everything they ask. It's that old Ford quote about customers would have asked for a faster horse. But I am not one of those believers that players don't know what they want and devs should just be artistes. (OccupyGStreet)
    Last edited by chaud; 2015-01-10 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In 2015, I resolve to level every class that gnomes can play to 100. Gnomes can be hunters, right? No? Hmm. . . . – Senior Game Designer Jonathan LeCraft
    Anyone else think he's hinting at Gnome Hunters being a thing in the future? (As they've already said they're thinking about lifting Gnomes' class restrictions.)
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

"But I am not one of those believers that players don't know what they want and devs should just be artistes."

This right here just made me like this guy a lot. Too much in this game (transmogrification restrictions come to mind) are all about "artist ego" instead of player choice.

The problem is that barns are too good/required/the no-brainer.

Give feasts back to cooking and spread out blood acquisition (inn quests maybe?) and I bet there will be fewer people trap hunting. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    ayy lmao

where the arms buffs at tho

Not mentioned in these patch notes, but boxes and bags from the Salvage Yard now stack! That's quite a relief to my bag space.

kosak best answer
    period

I feel sorry for the people who want the mount off poundfist now, they got screwed.

As for solutions to needing Barn for Savage Blood, honestly I'd like them to let you buy a Savage Blood for 1000 Apexis Shards or something.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen poundfist twice now die due to a nuke group. Over a hundred people each time got screwed after camping him. Now they're screwing us over more. People actually working together to help get the mount for everyone...poundfist better get a better respawn than the one he has now.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Not mentioned in these patch notes, but boxes and bags from the Salvage Yard now stack! That's quite a relief to my bag space.
    Not only that, but the hotfix went live in between me looting salvage crates on two characters, so one character had individual boxes and one character had a stack. Surprise!

Deleted
    Green Tweets

so why are u mentioning his tweets when he has nothing to do with any mmo game or any game on the curse network, do we really need t osee GC tweets anymore

@Dragonmaw They mention him because regardless of who he works for, as a game designer for MMO's his tweets are still relevant and MMOC is all about MMO's not just WoW.

FYI - He now works for Riot at league of legends .. one of the biggest MMO's out there, some would say bigger than WoW even others would say its not a true MMO cause of (insert some bullshit reason here) but it does fall into that MMO category.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2015-01-10 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    @Dragonmaw They mention him because regardless of who he works for, as a game designer for MMO's his tweets are still relevant and MMOC is all about MMO's not just WoW.

FYI - He now works for Riot at league of legends .. one of the biggest MMO's out there, some would say bigger than WoW even others would say its not a true MMO cause of (insert some bullshit reason here) but it does fall into that MMO category.
    To bad LoL is not an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaw View Post
    Green Tweets

so why are u mentioning his tweets when he has nothing to do with any mmo game or any game on the curse network, do we really need t osee GC tweets anymore
    Because his input is still valuable and interesting, and it gives us an unbiased and unrestricted look on the game from someone who spent years on it.

It strikes me as hilarious that people on this forum can't simply scroll past things they don't feel like reading. It's kind of sad.

Garrison Salvage Boxes stack now

Deleted
    BOOST MORE RETRI PALA ! THEY DONT HAVE DMG HAHAHA WTF is this like srsly

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    To bad LoL is not an MMO.
    Actually it is, MMO stands for Massively multiplayer online, wow is more a MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by Zona View Post
    Actually it is, MMO stands for Massively multiplayer online, wow is more a MMORPG
    How many players can be in any given LoL match? I genuinely don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZombie View Post
    How many players can be in any given LoL match? I genuinely don't know.
    10 At most. Also if anything id say League of Legends is a RTS.... RTS doesnt mean build a base and so on... it means real time strategy which also many people apparently dont know but League got its roots from DotA which was produced in the map editor for Warcraft 3.... an RTS...
    Last edited by Grindfactor; 2015-01-10 at 04:20 PM.