Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    Sort of wish these were implemented earlier so when 6.1 comes around we don't hear infinite complaining and can actually get an accurate (or at least easy to read) list of changes.
    Or the patch notes listed them as "Tooltip change to reflect hotfix" or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    soo i am reading the patch notes and all i see is nerfs for demo....... WHY! BLIZZARD WHY! we already at best only in the middle of the pack!

Obviously they can change.... but still nerfs?
    As a DK I saw the same thing and freaked, then I actually remembered a lot of these buffs/nerfs happening before...These are most likely tooltip changes.

All I want this patch is my fucking imps listening to me when i call them the fuck back; hate not being able to mount when they are spitting out their puny fireballs on some random enemy. Seems like it only happens with imps summoned through doom, but annoying as fuck as we get tons of these
    Read the signature rules

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon 3h
    Reminder: Don't trust datamining, especially of spell coefficient changes. I believe nearly all of those are things that were hotfixed live.

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon 50m
    Again, nearly all of those datamined class spell changes are things that are *already live* via hotfix; just tooltip updates. Relax!

Glyph of Ember Tap Ember Tap heals you for an additional 5% 2% of your health, but the health is restored over 10 sec. Major Glyph.
    Pretty sure this is new, no?

Edit: Yeah, it's definitely a change. Tested it. Ember Tap heals for 5% max hp without glyph. 10% with glyph (before bonus healing taken passives).
    Last edited by Tya; 2015-01-10 at 08:51 AM.

So healing down for destro ...that insta proc CB incoming? :P

Not all are tooltip fixes, atleast not when looking at other classes (starfall for example).

With the demon bolt tooltip change, im not sure, i always thought it was 412,5% , they didnt touched it since wod went live. Or is it 317,5% since the big demo nerf during the last soo weeks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Pretty sure this is new, no?

Edit: Yeah, it's definitely a change. Tested it. Ember Tap heals for 5% max hp without glyph. 10% with glyph (before bonus healing taken passives).
    Sounds strange, because that is a very old change they made. It was bugged, and they made it 2% same time they fixed the bug. You are taking the glyph, not the talent, right?

So these ARE tooltip fixes right? Not gonna lie it was pretty aggravating scrolling down and down and down and seeing NERFS to the class instead of FIXES, but if they are past changes then its whatever. What ever happened to having separate devs for each class? Remember Tseric for the shamans (bad example) but you get the idea. Why cant I reach out to someone that isnt as hard headed as that asshole on twitter and tell them how to fix our class. ITS NOT ABOUT OUR DPS. Our class is broken because of the mechanics.

Soul shards are the worst resource in the game behind DK runes. Why does destruction feel so clunky?

Quote Originally Posted by turbosnail View Post
    So these ARE tooltip fixes right? Not gonna lie it was pretty aggravating scrolling down and down and down and seeing NERFS to the class instead of FIXES, but if they are past changes then its whatever. What ever happened to having separate devs for each class? Remember Tseric for the shamans (bad example) but you get the idea. Why cant I reach out to someone that isnt as hard headed as that asshole on twitter and tell them how to fix our class. ITS NOT ABOUT OUR DPS. Our class is broken because of the mechanics.

Soul shards are the worst resource in the game behind DK runes. Why does destruction feel so clunky?
    We had Xelnath as a warlock developer (he was the lead dev on warlocks for MoP)....he got himself fired.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-Community

If you honestly think Celestalon or any other developer is the sole fault of the flaws in our class you are wrong. The soul shard mechanic has been flawed since day 1 when it was introduced in its current form but the flaws only are showing up now due to changes they made with WoD. I don't know why you are saying Destro feels clunky as it feels basically the same as it did in MoP with the exception of our AoE which took a hit due to the overnerfing of RoF.

I agree with you that every class should have 1-2 "Class Devs" the focus entirely on that class and its balancing but considering the 2 names that come to mind are Xelnath (fired in 2012) and Tseric (fired or resigned in 2007, nobody knows for sure) it doesn't really help. The issue with class developers is that they are going to clash with game and encounter developers, such as Xelnath with Cataclysm (an ability that to this date I consider to be absolute and utter shit in design and the fact that they removed it in MoP yet readded it in WoD makes very little sense), and that is going to cause a whole different set of issues (every class dev wanting their class to be the best, etc, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I, Novxdamus, great descendant of Nostradamus am here to make a prediction. These patch notes, while likely being tooltip fixes, shall break the internet as we know it and MMO-Champion shall fall into dismay over the next 24 to 48 hours before Blizzard confirms these are tooltip fixes over the website known as 'Twitter'.

I'm fairly certain these are tooltip fixes solely due to the fact that isn't the Demonbolt change the same nerf that went in like 2 months ago?
    It already happened: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...18046058344449

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon

Again, nearly all of those datamined class spell changes are things that are *already live* via hotfix; just tooltip updates. Relax!

For the math inept, the DB spellpower coefficient at 317.625% came about like this: 412.5*0.7*1.1=317.625 (check the multiplication if you don't believe me - 30% reduction then 10% buff) - these are all tooltip fixes. Ember Tap was nerfed ages ago~

Tseric was a community manager, I'm not sure why you guys are calling him a designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmansl View Post
    Tseric was a community manager, I'm not sure why you guys are calling him a designer.
    He wasn't a designer but he was a community manager that was very active in the shaman forums/community and was essentially the voice of the shaman class community (as far as Blues go).

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Did anyone notice the New Bag Type...SoulShard ??? hmmm
    Yes, confused by that along with the ammunition bags. But I can't seem to find them listed on the front page any more.

As for everyone calling for Warlock buffs, we are solidly in the middle of the pack. While some people may only find it fun when they top the meters, Warlocks are in no way as bad as everyone is claiming they are in terms of damage. Different classes can do crazy DPS on certain fights, that doesn't mean Warlocks are weak, it just means things are tuned badly that give those classes and seemingly unfair advantage. (Looking at you Enhance Shamans on Mythic Tectus).

But where Warlocks need to be fixed is how much more work we have to put in than other classes to pull off our middle of the pack DPS. Like many Warlocks I was Destro pre 6.0.2, then like my Warlocks I hated after it lost all its mobility. I switched to Affliction and was very happy with it, and am still happy with it. What I don't like is how only one fight in all of High Maul is Affliction even relevant, Twins.

To truly min/max as a Warlock you have to switch between all three specs depending on the fight, but that's not possible since the stat priorities don't line up for all of them. So you end up with Warlocks switching between Demo and Destro and stacking Mastery enchants. I don't know of any other class that has to switch specs like that depending on the boss in the same raid.

There will occasionally be one boss encounter where a certain spec might be better. Hunters switching to Marks on Mythic Brackenspore when on flame thrower duty for example, but in every other fight they can stay Survival. Warlocks have no such luxury and if you want to be more than a casual player, you had better be running, gearing and enchanting to run multiple specs.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

if they fix afflic shard building and up damage a little for us maybe a little more and fix demo so you do not have to use the demo bolt and then fix rain of fire so it gives embers again and up its damage i will be happy if not i may finally just give up on my warlock which breaks my heart i love my class and spent alot of time getting the green fire quest down and alot of time with this one charcater.

Did Destro got a CB buff ? o.O And whats with Corruption (Destruction) ???

The CB thing is the 25% PvP buff they hotfixed in. Corruption (Destruction) is what the Corruption spell reads as in the greyed-out spellbook tabs for Affliction and Demonology while you're spec'd Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    The CB thing is the 25% PvP buff they hotfixed in. Corruption (Destruction) is what the Corruption spell reads as in the greyed-out spellbook tabs for Affliction and Demonology while you're spec'd Destruction.
    so they changed nothing .. again

Did anyone notice the New Bag Type...SoulShard ??? hmmm
    They plan on going back to the old shard system where each shard is an item. Everyone panic.