Thread: Undead Paladins

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    zeliek is one example.
    Zeliek is the only example.

Paladins channel the light. Imagine they're a hollow husk filled with the light.
    The light is creation and stuff, combating the shadow and lack of life.
    Now imagine a a hollowed out dry ol' tree trunk filled with fire.

The only reply blizz gives about Zeliek is "Sir Zeliek REALLY hates himself."
    Completely dodging one of their stupid lore contradictions.
    Last edited by Gourmandise; 2015-01-10 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Zeliek is the only example.

Paladins channel the light. Imagine they're a hollow husk filled with the light.
    The light is creation and stuff, combating the shadow and lack of life.
    Now imagine a a hollowed out dry ol' tree trunk filled with fire.

The only reply blizz gives about Zeliek is "Sir Zeliek REALLY hates himself."
    Completely dodging one of their stupid lore contradictions.
    I realize the pallys aren't happy to be converted to forsaken, but it happens. All classes have died and been converted. Arthas killed armys full of people that were converted. Sylvanas has the valkyrs converting people. Pallys hate being forsaken. Sylvanas herself hates being forsaken, but it happens. Lorewise, where are these resurrected pallys going? they aren't death knights.

The Light when used by the Undead gives them back a sense of life where they can feel their flesh rotting and the carrion worms squirming as well as the smell of their decayed flesh. The Light also tries to purify their conduit (temporary feeling for holy priests, permanent for paladins) so it cauterizes them as their form of healing).

I think of Sir Zelekk as a stringed puppet that's always on fire. The fire (Light) is trying to purify him and simultaneously trying to kill him but the necrotic magic (puppet strings) is constantly keeping Zelekk from doing anything other than what the puppet master wants. The necrotic magic had put the Light at a stalemate to keep Zelekk moving around.

Deleted
    EDIT: Post removed.
    Last edited by mmoc75503c8c8b; 2015-01-10 at 07:24 AM.

I realize the pallys aren't happy to be converted to forsaken, but it happens. All classes have died and been converted. Arthas killed armys full of people that were converted. Sylvanas has the valkyrs converting people. Pallys hate being forsaken. Sylvanas herself hates being forsaken, but it happens. Lorewise, where are these resurrected pallys going? they aren't death knights.
    I think paladins were immune to the plague, none of them get converted. I'm not up on my forsaken lore but I don't know where they get their new bodies.
    Lorewise even forsaken priests do not use the light, they're all shadow "spec"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Well let's look at the Scarlet Crusade that were all paladins and raised into undeath: they lost their ability to wield the light and holy weapons burn their undead flesh.

Why can't you make an undead pally? Cause a paladin wouldn't cannibalise another humanoid.

- - - Updated - - -

funny isn't it? The forsaken all hate their condition then happily spread it to those they kill when invading their homes.
    There are still alot of Undead Scarlets who can use the light, Marjhan and Valdelmar are two examples

And not all Forsaken hate being Undead, alot of them have come to terms with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    /2 wow was the first rpg
    Because Paladins in other RPGs are highly relevant to the thread, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I think of Sir Zelekk as a stringed puppet that's always on fire. The fire (Light) is trying to purify him and simultaneously trying to kill him but the necrotic magic (puppet strings) is constantly keeping Zelekk from doing anything other than what the puppet master wants. The necrotic magic had put the Light at a stalemate to keep Zelekk moving around.
    That's what I always thought. The magic of the lich king is multitudes stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    There are still alot of Undead Scarlets who can use the light, Marjhan and Valdelmar are two examples
    Funnily enough, they're both classified under humanoid instead of undead for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas herself hates being forsaken
    funny isn't it? The forsaken all hate their condition then happily spread it to those they kill when invading their homes.
    She doesn't... And many Forsaken don't either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Why can't you make an undead pally? Cause a paladin wouldn't cannibalise another humanoid.
    You honor they death by bringing them back into great cycle. That's very righterous. Especially if you want to stay as far from great cycle as possible.

Deleted
    I dont need undead paladins, what I need is bloodelf or undead shaman!!!!!

forsaken paladins that view their pain as atonement for their sin of undeath is an amazing concept, and would be much more interesting than dwarf or tauren paladins are right now.

Don't see much harm in getting Undead Paladins, I mean Night Elfs suddenly became Mages?

the dude from naxx is an exception. not a legion of undead paladin's. years ago blizz posts already said as much.

also priests are a river for the light. the light flows through them in certain directions. the undead preists suffer horribly because of this and prefer to use shadow when they can.

Paladins are oceans of the light. powerhouses. if an undead did it they would explode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Don't see much harm in getting Undead Paladins, I mean Night Elfs suddenly became Mages?
    except not. the highborne (the original azerothian mages) joined the Night elves after the cataclysm. It wasn't a clean transition and theres still prejudice going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Except no Forsaken views their unlife as a sin. Having undeath forced upon you is somehow now a sin YOU'VE committed?
    the undead used to hate what happened to them. a lot of them still do. sin would be the wrong way to put it, but either way it'd be more interesting than every other paladin race currently is, except maybe draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Then what about priests?

This thread also stands for troll paladins. Why don't we have um?
    There are already troll paladins. They've been around for thousands of years. Longer than human paladins.

I guess I don't really understand this. IMO, A fire mage is nothing more than a dark shaman. A dark shaman commands the elements, it doesn't ask them to help. IMO this is a fire or ice mage. not sure how it relates to a pally and the light.
    Because any undead that fills itself with The Light gets burnt up instantly and dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    blood elf paladins arent based on blood/arcane. well maybe a teeny bit arcane. we captured M'uru and pretty much extracted the powers of the light from him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Because any undead that fills itself with The Light gets burnt up instantly and dies.
    tell that to my friends undead priest

on topic: undead paladins would actually make more sense lore-wise than tauren paladins. i hate tauren paladins...
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Undead palas exist. Problem with playable undead palas lorewise is that some Forsaken Paladin Order need to exist to train new adventurer for paladin. I'm not sure if Sylvanas would allow such thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post

tell that to my friends undead priest
    I'm afraid most of forsaken priests are shadow priests lorewise. but gameplay > lore