Deleted

Epic mount thoughts

Some of my friends and guild mates say that epic mount is the best follower trait ever made and everyone should ask for it every week from inn.

I personally don't see the benefit of it.

What does it matter if a quest is completed in x or x/2 hours if it is actually completed? So the most important thing is being able to complete the quest.

So I think the best traits are the ones are actually adding to the success chance of the missions which is not the case with epic mount.

Okay there is an good interworking with burst of power (and a bad with stamina).

I think that the best way with followers is ask for the rarest counter and make it epic to try to get as many counter combinations as possible to be able to counter the later 6 counter quests.

I know it's about maximizing the chances and maybe the whole topic is not needed at all but some guys are just so damn sure about the epic mount is the best of the bests that I wanted to ask your opinion about this topic.

I aim for having as many burst of power and epics mounts as possible. They have great synergy with each other. Also if you have a lot of epic mounts you can spam more missions than people without epic mounts. Once you clear your mission log new ones respawn pretty soon after, which results and many crates/resources/gold/chance at rare missions.

If you only do missions once per day though, or this is about alts, then no epic mounts aren't that useful.

burst of powers + epic mounts are great

though I don't think it matters much, you get 100% on every mission soon enough anyway

I've just been farming Scavengers from the inn so far. I've gotten tons of Epic Mounts from random traits on all of my characters.
    Oh aye.

Epic mount has its place as a way to powerlevel new followers and keep on top of the mission spam for maximum big crate output. You don't need that many though to stay on top of things, would argue that there's diminishing returns unless you stack Burst of Power too. Those first few epic mounts can be a huge help.

You can reduce all the 8hr and 10hr missions to 4hr or 5hr and run more high level missions in a day. I will spend 10 minutes in the morning collecting and resending 23 followers on each of 5 level 100s, same thing in the afternoon, same thing at night. I haven't run into any issues with regaining missions while doing full send outs 5-6 hours apart and the amount of extra salvage crates, gold, and dust from 615/630/645 gear is nice. It's also really nice being able to use 2 epic mounts on the super long stone missions. Would rather get my followers back in 6 hours instead of 24 hours. It isn't necessarily a huge boost, but if you have the ability to log in for a few minutes multiple times throughout the day it does allow for more salvage and other mission rewards. I like being a able to gear out all my followers quickly and generate a little money from boe 655s.

I didn't ask for any counters for followers, just epic mount (6+ of them on each character now). If you are somehow unlucky enough that you had a lot of skewing in the counter numbers then you could try fixing those with the inn, but finding quest followers with them would probably be more efficient as epic mount seems to be rarer than any single counter and you can at least see the default counter for each quest one from the menu.

I don't really see much purpose in looking for the abilities that add slight success boosts... Countering everything is 100% already if you have high enough ilevel and the only missions involving 6 counters are the rare raid ones, of which I've still never had any issues with reaching all 6 counters (although it does require some prior thought and sometimes making sure all followers are back to hit all the counters with only 3 followers).

Recommendation: if you have missing counters, choose epic mount and then choose which of the 3 has a counter you are lacking in.

Epic mount is aight, but I'm not constantly logging in to run missions, so it doesn't really do much for me. Hell, my sub has lapsed as of two days ago, and I don't even plan on resubbing till my next raid night (Sunday). I prefer scavenger, as I'm working on filling my garrison swimming pool with resources.

I believe the best thing to ask for each week is a racial lover trait, with the same race. The majority of my followers are humans with the humanist trait. While the other traits give 1/3 of a counter, racial traits give 2/3. If you can stack 3, that's 2 whole counters worth, without even considering the actual counters the mission calls for.

It ain't easy being cheesy.
    Last edited by F4ulty; 2015-01-10 at 10:20 AM.

Its good but probably overrated. It doesn't offer any significant bonus to success chance unless you have very few high staminas and a massive amount of burst of powers, and reduced completion time past a certain amount becomes almost entirely convenience since you will eventually run dry on missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by F4ulty View Post
    Epic mount is aight, but I'm not constantly logging in to run missions, so it doesn't really do much for me.
    Even if you do it doesn't because you don't just get infinite amounts of missions.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Epic mounts are great at times, but don't help me a lot of times. I set up the long missions before I go to bed, and before I leave for work. Since I'm away for work 12 hours at a time, the mounts are useless to me except on the rare 24 hour stone mission. On my days off I tend to use them a lot more as I check in more often. But since I work more days than not, I'm happy with having just a handful.
    Scavenger is always a nice trait to have. Even that is dependent on getting resource missions though.