Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And why is this a problem now.
    Account sharing was always a problem ? They just were too obvious about it ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Account sharing was always a problem ? They just were too obvious about it ?
    I don't see a problem with account sharing. There's no way for Blizzard to prove who sat behind the computer anyway.

But why is it wrong to pay real money for something like this, when Blizzard plans on giving people a way to buy gear with real money. And why is this a problem now. People got boosted through raids since forever. Which is one of the things people use as an argument in favour of legalized gold-selling.
    It's wrong because Blizz says its wrong. It's the difference between Blizz making money off their product and someone else making money off their product. Not a hard concept.

I don't see a problem with account sharing. There's no way for Blizzard to prove who sat behind the computer anyway.
    Ofc they can. IP tracking. Unless you don't think its suspicious that a guy logs in from New York for 3 years stright then suddenly Virginia.
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2015-01-10 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    But why is it wrong to pay real money for something like this, when Blizzard plans on giving people a way to buy gear with real money.
    /sigh

Blizzard do not plan on giving people a way to buy gear with real money.
    They plan on introducing game time tokens, that can be purchased with real money.
    These game time tokens can then be traded on the AH for gold.
    You can then use that gold to buy different items off the AH.

Until the game time tokens go into circulation, and we see how popular they are; there is absolutely no way to gauge exactly how much gold value these will have.

No matter how much you try to twist the issue. It is absolutely nothing like Blizzard directly selling shitty BoE raiding gear through the store.

There is a difference between you seeing no problem and there being no problem. Also if half your raid logs in from different locations you have a decent case adding the fact that you don't just kill margok a day later if it took you till now to kill fucking koragh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verash View Post
    What is KLG boosting ?
    KLG is a guild.... And someone's mad now because they have the last 2 bosses downed within 24 hours on mythic.

And something tells me, the ones that are mad, are from the guild Bad Karma.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/ragnaros

In a sense, it made me actually laugh. Given the situation and then bad karma, there's some comedy attached.

Anyhow if they've done something wrong, there's be some punishment. But don't expect Blizzard to announce what actions have been taken. That's not gonna happen.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

They can track IP's though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    They can track IP's though.
    There's absolutely no way to prove who sat behind the computer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    They don't need to. They just need reasonable suspicion, and IP tracking is more than enough.

Simply put, you can't travel across the country in 15 minutes. Using USA as an example, if you were logged in in Florida, then suddenly your IP changed to one in Ohio, that's reasonable suspicion for a ban. It's suspicious login activity.
    Some people use VPNs.

They don't need to. Like a previous poster stated, ToS/EULA aren't laws. Blizzard can ban whoever they want for whatever reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    How you feel about account sharing is irrelevant. When you click the shiny red 'I agree' button of their TOS, you agree to rules. One of those rules is 'don't share your account'.

And no offense but if you don't think Blizz can see when accounts are accessed in an unusual manner, you're clueless.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Except if you've got an IP for one account, and the IP for the other account, and they happen to match, yet be very far away from one another....
    He said behind the computer, can't you read? lol

I invite someone over, and let them play on MY computer, with MY IP..... That's what he meant.
    He knows other scenarios are different.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Some people use VPNs.
    What if they never used VPN before? Their whole raid team started to use VPNs at the same time they cleared 7/7? I don't think so.

why do people even weigh in when they're fully ignorant of what went wrong and why it's a punishable offense? your personal feelings have no bearing here. blizzard should hopefully take action, though it's silly they don't enforce this on their own.

Deleted
    So IP's of all 20 players randomly changing over night and happen to match with 20 other accounts doesn't prove anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    They don't need to. Like a previous poster stated, ToS/EULA aren't laws. Blizzard can ban whoever they want for whatever reason.
    No one claimed them to be laws. They're rules, and players agree to them every time they create an account or install a patch. That window isn't there to look pretty.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

They only need to find a link that satisfies them. ToS clearly states that the account is Blizzard's propriety and that they can deny you access at any time for any reason, the following rules just state normal reasons that they would do that for but are in no way limiting for them.

As long as the evidence they find is satisfying enough to them, your account is going to be suspended.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Some people use VPNs.
    Wouldn't matter. The location information would still flag up as suspicious.

Some people use VPNs.
    If I remember it correctly, iranian people were banned to play Blizzard games during Cataclysm (dont know if they still are), they went on using VPNs but Blizzard managed to spot em anyway.

Some people use VPNs.
    They are free to prove it was them, then. I occasionally have to travel oversea on my business trips, and I was banned twice. Ticketed and explained, and they released me within few hours. If this case were true, however, good luck in proving that with any solid proof.

Blizzard stated in their ToS that they can ban whoever they want without a reason. It's always a bad thing to give Blizzard a reason to suspect you.