What (if any) shit jobs for BRF?

Okay so I don't raid often, mainly pug. Still I like to be on top and it seems now hunters are almost mandatory shit job takers for fights like the Flamethrower on Bracken / Soak for Kor'agh and what not

Anyways I figure before i start reading / watching guides if anyone can tell me which fights have a shit job so i can attempt to master it.

Flamethrower duty gives you the ability to do almost double DPS of any other player in your raid, how is it a shit duty?

Also at least on Mythic, Hunters are not on soaking duty on Ko'ragh, at least primarily.

'Shit jobs' are part of what has made the hunter class fun (for me) over the years, because they've always had good utility allowing them to do such things pretty well. I'd much rather got he extra step for my raid and feel I've earned my spot then getting the easy job.

Anyways, there will be some, but it's been a while since I've looked into them myself. The best thing to do right now is wait until the raid gets closer, because all of the current info outside of the dungeon logs in-game is from beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Flamethrower duty gives you the ability to do almost double DPS of any other player in your raid, how is it a shit duty?

Also at least on Mythic, Hunters are not on soaking duty on Ko'ragh, at least primarily.
    This isn't really relevant to what OP is asking. Any pug right now will usually assign hunters to to butcher triggers, bracken FT, korag shields, and imp brands. He wants to know what similar situations will be present in BRF.

Yea, doubling your DPS and topping the meter - vastly - using flamethrowers, is a shit job?

OK, got it.

Okay lets call Flamethrower a Good job then. Happy? I'm not complaining about it or anything lol, I prefer to do it. Its just every group I've been in refers to it and any other single player assigning jobs, a shit job. Figured this is a known name for them.

Just looking for info so i can start studying and possibly practice it if the fight(s) with a single player role/shit job is open during the PTR. Considering hunters are always assigned to them I figured there are some experienced hunters who have played the beta and can let me know.

So back to my original question. Is there any in BRF?
    Last edited by c313; 2015-01-10 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Okay lets call Flamethrower a Good job then. Happy? I'm not complaining about it or anything lol, I prefer to do it. Its just every group I've been in refers to it and any other single player assigning jobs, a shit job. Figured this is a known name for them.

Just looking for info so i can start studying and possibly practice it if the fight(s) with a single player role/shit job is open during the PTR. Considering hunters are always assigned to them I figured there are some experienced hunters who have played the beta and can let me know.

So back to my original question. Is there any in BRF?
    I already answered your question. The last time people had any kind of hands-on experience with any BRF bosses was in late summer, during beta. Things change, and strats will be refined with PTR testing and again when the content actually goes live. If you really want to learn more, look at the spellbook and see if you can piece things together or watch the months-old beta previews. Otherwise, wait until it's closer and more information is available, and improve your performance in Highmaul in the meantime instead. But with 10 bosses, I'm more than certain there will be some special tasks for hunters.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2015-01-10 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    why dont some of you guys try actually answering the ops question instead of pointing of shit he probably already knows. He wants to know what hunter specific jobs he'll be giving not how helpful or fun the jobs are. He probably doesn't care how shit or not shit a job is. You all know what he meant by shit jobs, he meant hunter specific jobs, lets try not being a smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I already answered your question. The last time people had any kind of hands-on experience with any BRF bosses was in late summer, during beta. Things change, and strats will be refined with PTR testing and again when the content actually goes live. If you really want to learn more, look at the spellbook and see if you can piece things together or watch the months-old beta previews. Otherwise, wait until it's closer and more information is available, and improve your performance in Highmaul in the meantime instead. But with 10 bosses, I'm more than certain there will be some special tasks for hunters.
    BRF testing is over. Raids don't get tested twice. The next raid to be tested with be t18. Patch 6.1 is already on the PTR and that is the patch after BRF.

As for the OP's question, it's been awhile since testing and I mainly tank but if I recall I don't think there are really anything like flamethrowers or controlling cleave stacks. I know the first boss Gruul has cleave groups but they are controlled by the tank. Only boss I can really think of is Blast Furnace where bombs need to be picked up and detonated by the pressure regulators. There may be other mechanics but off the top of my head that's all I got.
    Last edited by Lessthanzer0; 2015-01-10 at 08:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    That is true. I suppose Ill start my binge watching of guides from the Beta. Practice in the PTR, assuming BRF is open there.

Just figured during the Beta if there was any fights with them, even though they could have been changed. I would assume there would not be a complete overhaul of any of the fights, minor tweaks I'd imagine.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    That is true. I suppose Ill start my binge watching of guides from the Beta. Practice in the PTR, assuming BRF is open there.

Just figured during the Beta if there was any fights with them, even though they could have been changed. I would assume there would not be a complete overhaul of any of the fights, minor tweaks I'd imagine.
    Unless they've changed the way they handle raid testing it's not a get on ptr and run blackrock. They have set times and days for testing specific bosses and to my knowledge raid testing is over.