Thread: State of WoD...

Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

State of WoD...

So how's everyone feel about the current state of the game? Likes, dislikes, disappointments?

I am talking a wait and see approach for 6.1, but my initial gut reaction is to say not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I am talking a wait and see approach for 6.1, but my initial gut reaction is to say not good.
    ^, but it's still better than MoP for me, despite 99% of my daily time on WoW being AFK/Alt-tabbed waiting for my GarrisonVille to give me pixels.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a very close to worst expansion right along with MoP, to me anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    the datamined info on 6.1 has me sad.
    Nothing new (that interests me) and too much focus on the garrison still.

Best expansion since BC. Raiding is fun, new content in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    It's a very close to worst expansion right along with MoP, to me anyways.
    The problem is that all the focus is on Garrisons and Raids. I've said this forever, but WoW desperately needs some other character progression outside of Raids and high-end Arena/RBGs.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Heaven for casual altoholics who dont care about maximaizing their char but like to play on 11 toons - nightmare for those who play on 1-2 toons cause nothing to do exept raid nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The problem is that all the focus is on Garrisons and Raids. I've said this forever, but WoW desperately needs some other character progression outside of Raids and high-end Arena/RBGs.
    This is criticism and is bad, if you don't like something propose better way, as for now you just whine. Thought it was an American idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Heaven for casual altoholics who dont care about maximaizing their char but like to play on 11 toons - nightmare for those who play on 1-2 toons cause nothing to do exept raid nights.
    Nightmare for casual altoholics because Garrisons are expensive as fucking hell.

It's a huge lose-lose for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    This is criticism and is bad, if you don't like something propose better way, as for now you just whine. Thought it was an American idea.
    I'm not the developer here.

I don't know what they could do, but they need to think of something before WoW starts to bleed subs again because they went all in with WoD and we definitely called their bluff.

PS: It's not whining to say that something needs to be done. I'm not QQing and saying OMG BLIZZ YOUR GAME SUCKS! or anything, just that they need to add some side progression. Also, criticism is how you learn and improve. If you can't take criticism, you won't progress much as a human being.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-01-11 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically this. Though I do have 9 alts, I've only leveled 3 to 100 and I just can't go through it again. I spend 99.5% of my time sitting in my Garrison. Pretty boring expansion thus far =/.

Always been that way... Maybe not in Vanilla, where you had to grind the gold...

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ^, but it's still better than MoP for me, despite 99% of my daily time on WoW being AFK/Alt-tabbed waiting for my GarrisonVille to give me pixels.
    The leveling was better than MoP, but story wise I feel a better connection to MoP than WoD because it wasn't a rehash of something from the past.

I'm not going to nitpick. I have played the game for a while, but I haven't had the urge to sign in the past couple of weeks. There's not really a glaringly obvious reason. I just don't feel like it.

WoW has -always- been about raiding. When in history has there been something to do other than dailies, PvP, and raiding?

Never, unless new content was just released.

In fact, back in the days of Vanilla and BC (now that I think about it, every expansion), if you didn't raid you were pretty much SoL on stuff to do.

Blizzard needs to stop focusing on other things other than raiding because their resources are spread thin, and this game has -always- been about raiding.

The leveling was better than MoP, but story wise I feel a better connection to MoP than WoD because it wasn't a rehash of something from the past.
    Yeah, but it also wasn't pulled out of thin air on the spot and about something I could really care less about. Not that I don't like Pandaren; I like them as a race, but I do NOT like having an entire 2+ years/expansion dedicated to them and their lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Semune View Post
    WoW has -always- been about raiding. When in history has there been something to do other than dailies, PvP, and raiding?

Never, unless new content was just released.

In fact, back in the days of Vanilla and BC (now that I think about it, every expansion), if you didn't raid you were pretty much SoL on stuff to do.

Blizzard needs to stop focusing on other things other than raiding because their resources are spread thin, and this game has -always- been about raiding.
    I am going to have to disagree. BC to me was the "raiding expansion" which was also where Blizz decided that not enough people were raiding. So, since then they have made it more accesible (WotLK, Cata, MoP, and WoD) and yet the majority of the player base isn't biting on the line despite Blizz making it more appealing.

Reality is that raiding is an old construct of older MMO's but not a necessary one. But a common one for an MMO built on a gear stratification.

I am going to have to disagree. BC to me was the "raiding expansion" which was also where Blizz decided that not enough people were raiding. So, since then they have made it more accesible (WotLK, Cata, MoP, and WoD) and yet the majority of the player base isn't biting on the line despite Blizz making it more appealing.

Reality is that raiding is an old construct of older MMO's but not a necessary one. But a common one for an MMO built on a gear stratification.
    Why in the world would you ever play a MMORPG and not raid?

Why would you not just choose a different game?

For the first expansion ever in WOW, I hit the level cap and haven't logged in since. I do suspect a large contributor to that was MOP however. I really enjoyed Garrisons during leveling until I ran out of resources. But ultimately, and I've said this before, Blizzard need to re-invent the wheel. Every expansion feels far too similar to the last... sure the story and the textures change, but the overall progression path of every expansion has been the same.

I think, personally, I simply couldn't be bothered starting over again and going the through the same processes again. Still lurking however, perhaps taking an expansion off will make the next one feel new again.

Uh what? Raiding is the most essential part of wow. If you take raiding away from wow there would be a 50% drop in subs in the first month.