10+ Year Old Account

Need help with pre raid requirements

So i've been asked by my guild to write up a doc talking about pre raid requirement. I'm not talking about gearing when you hit 100. But like things to bring to the raid, things to do 30 minutes to the raid, during the raid and what not. I've been sitting looking at this open doc for an hour now and have no idea where to start. Does anybody have a rough draft i can use and tweak?

10+ Year Old Account
    Before-Flasks, pots, knowledge of the fight. Be on fucking time. Know your class. Be geared.
    During-admit fuckups, learn from them. RL needs to keep calm. Pre-pot, reset flasks, announce any bio breaks, don't take them during trash. Pay attention. Do what you're told. RL needs to log fights.

After- Either log-off and go do something else, or go through your logs and compare them to top players of class/spec and figure out what you're fucking up (No one is perfect, you can fix something)

10+ Year Old Account
    this is what i have so far

"This will be an ongoing guide as to what is required in order to be efficient in the current content. I want to first though take a step back and say thank you to each and every one of you for your continued efforts on gearing yourself, practicing your spec, and staying on top of mechanics.

Pre-Raid:
    Before raid I would like all players to make sure they are fully equip and ready to start at the scheduled raid time. Come ready to raid and have fun. We can be serious and focused and still keep the joy in the adventure. Be on Mumble (even if you can't talk, you MUST be able to hear it). Consumables: Bring Greater Draenic Flasks, DPS/Mana/BonusArmor Potions, Healing Tonics (from First Aid) to raids. Also, bring Savage Feasts if you have the Barn Level 2. I want to enforce a 25 minute pre log in so you can make sure you have the above requirements. 15 minute pre invites, and at 10 minutes be at the raid zone. This will ensure that the first pull will happen at the scheduled raid time."

Repair your gear. Nothing like 5 minutes into a raid someone saying "my weapon just broke. I forgot to repair."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faethor View Post
    Repair your gear. Nothing like 5 minutes into a raid someone saying "my weapon just broke. I forgot to repair."
    Oh yeah! How on earth did I forget that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scarge View Post
    Words go here
    A little softer than I would have written, but that's pretty basic, and fair so far.

Deleted
    BEFORE
    A. 1 Flask / hour of raiding, 2 potions per boss try, food.
    B. Stuff is repaired and enough repair robots are available / where bought before the raid
    C. Be connected, on the ts/mumble 5-15 minutes before the raid
    D. Be in the raid, near the invocation stone 5 min before the raid
    E. Players have read the strats you linked, watched the videos you linked
    F. Players know their classes, already know why they are taking the 2 specs they chose, and which spec for which boss.

DURING
    A Do not talk on TS unless invited to during a try
    B Follow the raid leader's (RL).orders always, even if it means less dps. You can discuss with RL between tries.
    C Do not rez unless asked to by RL. If asked to rez do it immediately / as soon as it makes sense
    D After a wipe, come back quickly unless someone can group rez
    E Try to not do the same mistakes twice.
    F. Always ask for a DBM pull, always pre pot on fights that are worth it (it may not be useful at the beginning when you learn the boss.) Always be fully optimized with potions, flasks, enchants, ... as a sign of respect for your team members.

This is really basic stuff but gives you an idea.
    One of the most important rule is, even in the most casual, family friendly guild where everybody is laughing and socializing on TS, there are times when nobody but the RL should talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everybody, i have a really good start!

Don't be so wordy.

"This will be an ongoing guide as to what is required in order to be efficient in the current content. I want to first though take a step back and say thank you to each and every one of you for your continued efforts on gearing yourself, practicing your spec, and staying on top of mechanics

"will be" is not needed. "ongoing" is not needed. Replace "current content" with "raids". Your opening sentence is 20 words long. 20!!!! It reads badly, doesn't hold attention and uses too many words. Whats wrong with: "Want to raid? Some rules!" or something with a bit of punch.

Make the next lot of stuff a bullet point list. You have a header saying pre-raid. Next words are "before the raid". Redundant.
    "Come to the raid ready" - what does that even mean? A 6 pack of cold ones at my elbow or gemmed / enchanted / flasked and up to date on encounters?

25 minute log in before the raid? Get real. "Invites go out 15 minutes before raid. Be ready" (Unless you have a guild full of kids)

I'm being hyper critical but I'd just write a preamble and what Simarieni wrote.

Deleted
    Have DBM up to date

cold beers in the fridge

sorted !

7+ Year Old Account
    Have everyone bring their bonus Seals..

Every thursday (first raid day of the week) people go like "ehr.. brb forgot seals kekekeke".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    <snip>
    Silmarieni probably has the best outline so far.

I would added the following:

If Wipe is called, then quickly wipe to reset the boss.

Also in addition to reading the guides for the fights. I would also include this article by Hamlet to read as well on Raid Awareness.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.