Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Enha way too complex?

Hello,

dont get me wrong. I played Enha since WotLK. But as of 6.0 i find myself struggling constantly to pull the most out of the class. And in many cases i fail.
    here is why:
    - too many proc sources to follow
    - too many important dmg abilities that i must handle all of the time (7 or 8)
    - too messed up (?) interaction between different skills (SS buffs spells, UE talented buffs LB, Flame and Nova, LL talented buffs shocks) all of them on different CDs and with different purposes

It ends up me being constantly forced to watch my action bar to follow procs, cds, timing of spells. This greatly limits my ability to follow what is happening around me.

Example
    I have my LL and SS on cd, i see that SS debuff is wearing out and i get a EotE proc. I am compelled to wait for the LL to come out due to it's superior damage, but that way i loose SS debuff on the target. LL comes out, i use it and during the gcd i get another proc of EotE. Here i already need to press SS and another SS afterwards, but i am at 4 stacks of MSW, so instead i need to use SS, than LB, but only if UE +30% is on, else i should choose to postpone LB while wasting MSW stack generation. And so on, all of the time.
    Here i didn't even included the Elemental Fusion mechanic which is even more freaking engaging.

In comparison, i played Fury War and BM hunter for a while, both specs doesn't even for a sec bothered me to look at my action bar.
    Fury have two procs that are "use immediately when up". So when i see the visual comes up i press related button and that's it.
    BM is even less complex than that.

So what's up? I know many of you will see that as a L2P issue, but most casuals like me will probably understand my reasons.

Some ability pruning is needed to lower the insane skill cap that Enha requires nowadays.

Combat rogue or arcane mage might be more up your alley.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop using EotE if it is that much of a problem then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I wouldn't say Enhance are complex, I do think they're unnecessarily button heavy, with a few not bringing much to the table, just my feels on the situation. They're one of the few classes that feel like it didnt get pruned what-so-ever. To some that might be great, but to me it just means we have more buttons that have less impact.

I use TellMeWhen to keep track of debuffs, procs, etc -- although WeakAuras is a similar, more popular addon.

I track only FOUR things:
    -Flame Shock on target
    -Fire totem active
    -Maelstrom Weapon
    -Echo of the Elements

I don't bother tracking the Stormstrike debuff because I use the ability regularly enough that it should always be active. Everything else, I just use OmniCC to make coolddowns more noticable on my action bars.

In this pic, I have Flame Shock active on my current target, a fire totem down, and Maelstrom proc'd 5 stacks.

In this one, Echo of the Elements has proc'd, so I know I can use it for whatever I need (single-target vs aoe). Notice I have 2 stacks of Maelstrom weapon but no tracker. I set it to only proc on 5 stacks as a reminder to use it ASAP.

And here's an out of combat pic for reference.

I know some folks track everything from trinkets procs, to cooldowns, etc. but I've found with too many trackers, I got lost too easily in the mess. Now I keep it simple, so it doesn't feel as complex or overwhelming.

Hope this helps.

Yeah i don't think they're too complex, but i do think they have too many lackluster cooldowns.

More than complex, kind of boring sometimes. Stormstrike, Lava lash, even Lightning bolt are fine, but to be able to keep up with other specs we need to throw boring cds...searing totem, shocks, Ascendance, Wolves, Elementals (with the talent the're actually fun, but I believe it does not bring more dps tan the other two talents). They're kind of boring because of how little dps they bring or because they dont feel impactful at all. In pvp, for example, most of them are more like defensive cds than anything else.
    Last edited by Revotz88; 2015-01-11 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    I just want to get rid of searing totem and get even minuscule damage back to unleash weapon ;___;

The worst part is doing the rotation perfectly doesn't fells worth it.

I will copy past something i wrote a few weeks ago.

Enha's combat-ability bloat:
    - Stormstrike
    - Lava Lash
    - Searing Totem
    - Magma TOtem
    - Fire Nova
    - Flame Shock
    - Frost Shock
    - Spirit Wolves
    - Ascendance
    - Elemental Mastery
    - Fire/Earth Elemental
    - Elemental blast (if taken)
    - Storm Elem/Liquid magma (lvl100 talent)
    - Bloodlust/heroism
    - Lightning Bolt
    - Chain Lightning
    - Unleash Elements thing
    The above are just REGULAR DAMAGE ABILITIES - Seventeen (17) OF THEM!

Personally i think at least a THIRD of these can be either fused or completely removed.

I wouldn't say it's complex, but there is alot of cd's to manage, and things to track. They hardly removed anything as far as enh is concerned, and what they did take out was actually useful (HTT/SWG). Where as on my warrior, the reduction is noticeable, and I don't need to start casting CD's 3s before pull, to maximize dps.

I personally feel they should have revamped the shaman class, or at least it's dps specs. As many folks say, there seems to be a lack of direction with our class, and totems can be frustrating, especially in pvp. I'm pretty sure we're the only class with a stun, that can be killed in one hit. I'll play just like I have since I rerolled in WoTLK, but it kills me inside a little every time I play an alt, with half the keybinds, and half the procs/abilities to track.
    The world is a deaf machine.

I wouldn't call it complex - it's actually rather straight-forward and linear. It's just totally bloated. A whole bunch of single attacks with little interesting synergy, and none of them really stands out in terms of impact or functionality. And then all those CDs and maintenance stuff on top of that. "Lack of direction" appears a fitting observation. It's hard to see why they did practically nothing in this regard while very effectively streamlining various other specs, even those that needed it far less urgently than Enh.

When you compare it to every other dps, they have almost 10 extra buttons. It's total bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    When you compare it to every other dps, they have almost 10 extra buttons. It's total bullshit.
    and twice as many damage sources, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Saddest thing is that none of Enha's 17+ damaging spells are all that exciting or valuable.

Even windfury is pretty damn weak and boring these days, gone are the BIG DOUBLE/TRIPLE CRITS of windfury...

Yeah it's weird that they escaped Blizzard's pruning.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Saddest thing is that none of Enha's 17+ damaging spells are all that exciting or valuable.

Even windfury is pretty damn weak and boring these days, gone are the BIG DOUBLE/TRIPLE CRITS of windfury...
    100% agree, outside of CD's there's not many big numbers. I love seeing 100k combined execute crits on my war. However on my shaman, I'll be luck to see a crit over 50k for LL or SS, unless it's at the start with everything proc'd.

They intentionally allow some specs to be more complicated then others so that players who prefer that gameplay can do so.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    They intentionally allow some specs to be more complicated then others so that players who prefer that gameplay can do so.
    That is not the case as far as Enha goes.
    1. the spec feels AWFUL when it is played, over-bloat of spells that do miserable damage.
    2. the spec (or class) was singled out by a blizz dev/employee as "in need of pruning" in a QnA a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    and while I agree, enh's issue isn't complexity, it's pure button bloat. It's scary for some one going from a class with half the binds, to enh seeing all these spells. It's very intimidating to new players, compared to other classes. . Twice as many buttons, for pretty much the same or less of a result. Unless it's AE, because that's our niche atm.