[Assn PvP] Sativ's Double Crit Envenom Gambit

Hey guys, not sure how many of you troll the bnet rogue forums, but wanted to make sure that this got some exposure here.

Thread - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4951?page=1#18

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGLkF7NZXBw

TLDR - with PvP 4 piece bonus and Nightstalker talent, open > get Rupture up > 5cp > Vendetta > KS > MfD > DfA > Vanish > Envenom (> Prep > Vanish > Envenom). Use a /stopattack /vanish /envenom macro to avoid having Nightstalker eaten by a melee attack.

Why this works - The first envenom is empowered by enhanced vendetta (guaranteed crit) and DfA (+50% damage), second envenom is empowered by nightstalker (+50% damage) and PvP 4 set bonus (guaranteed crit). With 4pc PvP set bonus, Vanish creates 5cp that can be burned on a Nightstalker-empowered Envenom out of stealth, and also guarantees a critical.

Even more burst - Prep > Vanish > Envenom for a third hit every 5 minutes, Prey on the Weak for +10% damage on stunned target, an "on use" Mastery trinket, equip mastery > multistrike > versatility gear (no crit), Bleeding Hollow weapon enchants, lucky timing during Scales multistrike proc.

Someone also pointed out that Internal Bleeding may result in more damage output over time than Prey on the Weak, however in practice it feels like the extra burst from PotW is more valuable, particularly if you are not the only one on the target.

Now go gib some plate until Bliz nerfs Nightstalker to only apply to Ambush or something. Also post your funny stories - gave a DK a nice little WTF moment earlier when both my Envenoms procced multistrike, took him a few moments to release lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Some more impressions -

This is REALLY strong in Ashran, particularly with the various buffs available, ability to quickly LOS behind obstacles, PvP consumables such as rockets, anti-healing spores, etc., and of course the Prep handbook. Just spent a few hours trolling at outskirts of opposing zerg, can reliably pick off just about any class every 2 minutes. Quick tip for people who try this - routinely check the Arakkoa NPC area for a mob that is called Cursed something, 500k health but soloable, drops handbooks, lots of fragments, and gives you a 30 minute buff that heals you to 75% if you take fatal damage, good stuff.
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-01-11 at 05:44 PM.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Please stop. Blizzard will never give us any buffs now

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not use DFA from stealth instead of regular envenom? I believe DFA is just a normal envenom with a 1.5 damage modifier.

After watching the intro to the video I can see the air time being a problem with using DFA in the middle.

I can't see this being anything but intended.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its intended for sure, combat rogues have been Killing Spree out of stealth with nightstalker for awhile now... Especially if you can time Red BG>Vanish>KS, big numbers. Therefore envenom out of stealth is intended.

And I agree, DfA as gap closer out of stealth? 50% from Nightstalker + 50% from DfA = Big envenom. No 100% crit but still

Deleted
    Double Crit Envenom Gambit sounds better than One Trick Pwny.

but this looks awesome.

edit:
    Rolled warforged version of trinket which gives you +6 AGI and +60 mastery than normal version. I wonder if it's possible to roll Warforged item with socket slot.
    Last edited by mmoc9f96497ef5; 2015-01-12 at 05:17 PM.

look assassination and combat are for pve only. these two specs blow for pvp and that build you just shared is going to get nerfed some how. i bet you could come up with a better build with sub and it wont gain attention to get nerfed. just a thought.

TLDR - with PvP 4 piece bonus and Nightstalker talent, open > get Rupture up > 5cp > Vendetta > KS > MfD > DfA > Vanish > Envenom (> Prep > Vanish > Envenom). Use a /stopattack /vanish /envenom macro to avoid having Nightstalker eaten by a melee attack.
    this is by far the funniest use of assassination rotation i've ever seen. and what do you have left to kill the rogue that has just killed you with subtlety?

the developers aren't going to share openly about the rogue because its a matter of juggling a free rotation, some time you spend points into s&d some times you spend points to recuperate. in my own time eviscerate is the hardest hitting ability that is caped per minute by energy costs. Envenom-eviscerates poison version explains this with this build that your sharing.

i would be surprised if this build survives. when ever a rogue finds out something that works that well, it always gets nerfed. though stuff you find out subtlety that works gets overlooked. really a lot of advertising about something that works well is unwelcome attention, in rogue community. you have to think about the big picture. some people like rogue a lot do not, when advertisement of something this successful (ive seen the video) it always gets a nerf. so please think of the others that found out about the build before you publicised it to draw attention. resulting get nerfed to where the class is broken. enough said.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Its intended for sure, combat rogues have been Killing Spree out of stealth with nightstalker for awhile now... Especially if you can time Red BG>Vanish>KS, big numbers. Therefore envenom out of stealth is intended.

And I agree, DfA as gap closer out of stealth? 50% from Nightstalker + 50% from DfA = Big envenom. No 100% crit but still
    Only the first hit of killing spree benefits from nightstalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    Why not use DFA from stealth instead of regular envenom? I believe DFA is just a normal envenom with a 1.5 damage modifier.

After watching the intro to the video I can see the air time being a problem with using DFA in the middle.

I can't see this being anything but intended.
    A few reasons. To maximize burst, you want to have Rupture rolling on target, as well as KS for +10% / keeping the fucker still (or possibly burning a cooldown). That is 10 combo points that you have to generate before MfD > DfA. Opening with DfA is also a bit of a waste considering that stealth is the ultimate gap closer, and you can MfD > DfA the fucker right after he displacer beasts or whatever and then drop the rest of the bomb. Also, you kinda want the guaranteed crit from popping Vendetta right before DfA, which can be tricky if you have not opened on the target yet (use Vendetta, target no longer looks as vulnerable, now you wait 2 minutes). In summary, use as midfight tactic when you think that you can get away with it. And yeah, don't bother with it in arena, even vs 2 dps defensive cooldowns will ruin your day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Double Crit Envenom Gambit sounds better than One Trick Pwny.
    Quoted For Truth, sorry Sativ
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that's not quite what I meant. One could do

vendetta > KS > MfD > Envennom > Vanish > DfA > ...

But you could have a problem with DfA just being too slow, and you will likely get the damage buff on the initial aoe, and not the massive hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    Oh, that's not quite what I meant. One could do

vendetta > KS > MfD > Envennom > Vanish > DfA > ...

But you could have a problem with DfA just being too slow, and you will likely get the damage buff on the initial aoe, and not the massive hit.
    Your first Envenom would not have +50% damage boost. Your second would potentially have +100% damage boost but I am not sure if Nightstalker can stack with DfA, will test in a bit and let you know (unless you beat me to it). And yeah, clearly there will be a much bigger time gap between the two bombs, giving target more time to react. I think that it works well with DfA > Vanish > Envenom because the two hits happen so close together (hence the "one shot" feeling).
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Your first Envenom would not have +50% damage boost. Your second would potentially have +100% damage boost but I am not sure if Nightstalker can stack with DfA
    It would actually hit for 225% damage of a normal envenom, not 200%.

Deleted
    this is why we cant have nice thing

its funny though, gonna have to try it sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Tijl View Post
    this is why we cant have nice thing

its funny though, gonna have to try it sometime
    Why does this not qualify as "having nice thing" ?

Because when this kind of videos are posted Blizzard seems to react much faster than when the rogue community is providing feedback on a bunch of things that should be addressed for our class. Expect the bat nerf to be swung pretty soon :-/
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

Deleted
    Some horde guys were assaulting goldshire on my server today so I thought I might as well this spec out for fun... It was surprisingly effective. I have a full blue set of PvP gear but was still able to pump out b2b 70k crits with agil pot+flask and take down their healer a couple of times. Sort of useless outside it, hence the gimmick, but it's not too bad. Makes me want to get the 660 daggers and do some BG PvP achieves on my main instead of my alt warrior.

Thanks for sharing this, wouldn't have caught my attention otherwise!

Deleted
    Been slaying arena with triple envenom. Only healer living is druid but that goes without saying..

Deleted
    Wouldn't this be very effective for 2v2 Arena? Double Rogue.