Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because Nintendo sets the prices at Game Stop...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvador View Post
    I am just saying in case you dont know , but to play Skyward sword you will need a Wii remote + , i bought the game when it came out in a package with a wii remote + it was around 100$.

also Skyward sword was my least favorite zelda game , i bought it for my girlfriend (she's a huge zelda fan) and she was disapointed also. if you buy a wii u , you can get Zelda windwalker HD i havnt played the HD version but WW was amazing on gamecube , so technicaly the last zelda game is WW HD
    WW HD is awesome and I need to reget it. To me its a real remake of a game.

But thats me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Having played both Nintendo and Playstation growing up.... thats basically like eating Red Lobster vs Taco Bell... or complaining that a 3 year old Mercedes is more expensive than a 3 year old Hyundai... Nintendo puts way more quality into their products so you pay more, if the price is the only determining factor, you probably wouldn't like those games anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Actually I looked on Nintendo's website and they link to 3 retailers: Gamestop, Amazon, and Target and Gamestop has the cheapest prices. It's Nintendo that's ripping people off.
    But Nintendo dosen't set the price at those stores. If the game is still selling for $50 at gamestop well then they won't drop the price.

It could be Nintendo or both groups. But I personally find Nintendo games to be worth the price.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Actually I looked on Nintendo's website and they link to 3 retailers: Gamestop, Amazon, and Target and Gamestop has the cheapest prices. It's Nintendo that's ripping people off.
    Nintendo isn't ripping anyone off. They keep the value on their games high, and that value persists to you when you own it. Your copy of GTAV might as well be used as a coaster in a few years because it will be worth squat due to over saturation in the market and sales. Your copy of pretty much any nintendo game will maintain over half of it's MSRP if not more for years, and after so many years may even climb above msrp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelsdeath View Post
    Yeah, because Nintendo sets the prices at Game Stop...
    Do you know how retail works? Nintendo sells them the game and then Gamestop sells it at a certain price in order to make a profit. The only prices that Gamestop determines themselves is the used game prices in which they make a much larger profit off of.

gamestop is the only shop that sells games?
    Why not look a bit further and visit some online shops that sell games.

I did a quick check and in the Netherlands it is sold new for 27.50

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvador View Post
    I am just saying in case you dont know , but to play Skyward sword you will need a Wii remote + , i bought the game when it came out in a package with a wii remote + it was around 100$.

also Skyward sword was my least favorite zelda game , i bought it for my girlfriend (she's a huge zelda fan) and she was disapointed also. if you buy a wii u , you can get Zelda windwalker HD i havnt played the HD version but WW was amazing on gamecube , so technicaly the last zelda game is WW HD
    Worth keeping in mind, while I enjoyed Skyward Sword, a lot of people seem to have this opinion of it being lackluster.
    Like this poster says, it might be better to just get Wind Waker if you haven't played that, even the Gamecube version, or wait it out for Majora's Mask on the 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Maybe but since Skyward Sword came out at the end of the Wii's life good chance its prince will hold. The samething happen with Twlight Princess on the GC.

Who knows but don't expect any sells on it anytime soon. I say check ur local used game store or pawnshop and see if they got a copy and if its cheap.
    True enough, they might just not release anymore copies of it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claborn View Post
    Having played both Nintendo and Playstation growing up.... thats basically like eating Red Lobster vs Taco Bell... or complaining that a 3 year old Mercedes is more expensive than a 3 year old Hyundai... Nintendo puts way more quality into their products so you pay more, if the price is the only determining factor, you probably wouldn't like those games anyway.
    ....hahaha. Mario and Zelda games are great, no doubt, but if you are calling into question the quality of a game like Ratchet and Clank or Sly Cooper then I have to wonder if you've actually played those games.

Do you know how retail works? Nintendo sells them the game and then Gamestop sells it at a certain price in order to make a profit. The only prices that Gamestop determines themselves is the used game prices in which they make a much larger profit off of.
    Like I said I highly recommend buying the games when they are current because that is the only time you will see sells. From this point onward Wii titles will only rise in price just like all the pass consoles Nintendo has made dose.

Its the quailty as well that keeps them high in price and like I and others said Nintendo only makes so many copys and thats it.

So, a bit of backstory: I grew up with a Playstation and Playstation 2 when I was a child. Instead of Mario and Link I grew up with Ratchet and Sly Cooper. My experiences with Nintendo came from handhelds where I played the hell out of Pokemon.
    That explained a lot why your thread makes no sense @ all.

Nintendo has no obligation to lower the price, actual games are so bad they should increase the price for the classics.

Market, learn it before posting.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evilman View Post
    gamestop is the only shop that sells games?
    Why not look a bit further and visit some online shops that sell games.

I did a quick check and in the Netherlands it is sold new for 27.50
    1. That's the Netherlands

2. Is it an actual game retailer? I don't care if you can buy the game for 5 bucks on ebay or at a pawn shop. That's not the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    That explained a lot why your thread makes no sense @ all.

Nintendo has no obligation to lower the price, actual games are so bad they should increase the price for the classics.

Market, learn it before posting.
    Skyward Sword is hardly a classic in terms of time and from what I've heard in terms of quality as well.

Also, hating on Sony... really classy mate.

Skyward Sword is hardly a classic in terms of time and from what I've heard in terms of quality as well.

Also, hating on Sony... really classy mate.
    I haven't played all of SS myself but from what I did play I highly enjoyed it. All reports/reviews I seen its around 45hrs long. My only turn off from it was motion controls. Also remember SS needs a motion plus wii remote. So get a black one if u can to save some money.

And? For reference Uncharted 3 (PS3 exclusive series and newest game of the series) came out in the same year and here is it's store page: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/un...eception/88913

Nintendo may be a great company, but that doesn't mean that this is acceptable.... not to mention that it can and will drive away potential new fans.
    Of course it's acceptable, it's called a free market. They can price it however they like and if you don't like it then you feel free not to buy it. Hell, CoD does the same shit for arguably much worse quality games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I haven't played all of SS myself but from what I did play I highly enjoyed it. All reports/reviews I seen its around 45hrs long. My only turn off from it was motion controls. Also remember SS needs a motion plus wii remote. So get a black one if u can to save some money.
    I meant time as in how long it's been out. Becoming a classic usually dictates that it has been highly praised and has stood the test of time. Like Ocarina of Time for instance.

My only turn off from it was motion controls.
    Ah, the biggest feature of the game :P

So, a bit of backstory: I grew up with a Playstation and Playstation 2 when I was a child. Instead of Mario and Link I grew up with Ratchet and Sly Cooper. My experiences with Nintendo came from handhelds where I played the hell out of Pokemon.

So, while I had a bit of experience with Mario and those games, I never really got the chance to play the Legend of Zelda series. I played Ocarina of Time a couple years ago and while it was wrapped in an clunky package, I could tell that the quality was there. Now, with all the buzz with Zelda Wii U and the Wii U looking like it's worth the price tag, I thought I would pick up Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword for my Wii that my mom bought 5 years ago and has been collecting dust and try to really get into the series.

This is what I find: http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/th...rd-sword/76865

The game. Is still. FULL PRICE or 50 dollars. What the hell is that? It is over 3 years old at this point AND a last gen game. TWILIGHT PRINCESS which is over 8 years old and so old that it is on the fucking gamecube is 30 dollars. Why would anyone go out and buy old last gen games for a ridiculous amount when I can buy a game like GTA V or even the NEW Super Smash Bros for 10 bucks more and get better graphics and games with more and arguably better content in them?

At this point I am going to get an emulator and play the games if I even bother and I believe I would be completely justified in my actions. It seems like Nintendo doesn't care about attracting new fans and only wants to cater to the ones they already have.
    What a completely and utterly ridiculous post from the first to the last word. And I really doubt that any company is in need of catering to "fans" like yourself.

And oh yeah, they can't do anything about you letting yourself be ripped off by local dealers.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2015-01-11 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Of course it's acceptable, it's called a free market. They can price it however they like and if you don't like it then you feel free not to buy it. Hell, CoD does the same shit for arguably much worse quality games.
    Sure, it's a free market, but it's still a slap in the face. Nintendo is isolated enough as it is with them having hardly any third party support. It's stupid that they also make it hard to get into the games they themselves make.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    What a completely and utterly ridiculous post from the first to the last word.
    What a completely and utterly constructive post from the first to the last word.

Sure, it's a free market, but it's still a slap in the face. Nintendo is isolated enough as it is with them having hardly any third party support. It's stupid that they also make it hard to get into the games they themselves make.
    It seems you are mad people didn't join you in a nintendo hate circle jerk.

Nintendo does NOT over print their games, does not DE VALUE their games and since they only ship to stores what they expect to sell quickly stores have no reason to de value them with massive discounts.

You have been told this over and over again in this thread. It's not a slap in the face and it's also good will to the consumer. When you buy a nintendo game day 1 at $60 you have good faith that game is going to maintain it's value for a long time. When you buy _______ AAA game at $60 you already know the game is going to be worth jack shit in 6 months, will have already been on sale for 50% off multiple times, and you might as well get that guaranteed $44 value from gamestop in it's first month and cut your losses.

It seems you refuse to grasp the other side to the story. Nintendo is not valve, they are not in the market of devaluing their products and selling you $5 games. Get over it.

I meant time as in how long it's been out. Becoming a classic usually dictates that it has been highly praised and has stood the test of time. Like Ocarina of Time for instance.
    I agree and I wouldn't call it a classic. But anyone saying it isn't high quailty just isn't a fan of Nintendo games in my opinion.

Even if you don't like SS there is a huge amount of quailty in it from graphics to content.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not hard to get into the games they make themselves. Hell the game released $10 cheaper then all other platform AAA titles since it was on much older hardware and they didn't even have to do that.

What would u rather buy SS for $50 or Unity for $60. Nintendo is the only one I say that justifes the price.