How do you handle lusting at start as Destruction?

Just curious as to how different people handle lusts at start when you only get one ember to work with. I use Shards of Nothing and do my normal opener until my Sandman's Pouch procs, then pop Dark Soul and start tossing Chaos Bolts. Then if there's enough time on lust left I might pop my second Dark Soul and squeeze out some more CBs. Warlocks with different trinkets must have a different strategy, so what do you do?

in general, more haste=more cast= faster ember generation, so I would try to regen as much ember as I so when my trinket procs, I can spam more CB. the rotation will change a bit depends on which trinkets u are using and also if u are using the DS glyph or not, if u are not using the DS glyph I would activate that right off the start.

Just recap, when your none haste trinket procs, spam CB (DS if u got em). under haste proc, try to max your ember generation.

Same as usual, wait till my pouch proccs, drop Dark Soul and start tossing CB's at a mother******

By using it to switch specs to demo faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    By using it to switch specs to demo faster.
    Heh

@ OP, I don't think there's ever a situation where using Dark Soul back to back is not horrible.

Adds on koragh out, lust is out, spam sb for embers, back to back dark soul is not horrible.
    Last edited by Sedagive; 2015-01-13 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedagive View Post
    Adds on koragh out, lust is out, spam sb for embers, back to back dark soul is not horrible.
    Your guild is doing it wrong if you are Shadowburning adds whilst he's still inside the recharge phase.

I use Glyph of Dark Soul and Archimonde's Darkness, so I pop Dark Soul and trinket when Lust starts, and I can have full embers and another Dark Soul ready by the time Lust has around 14 seconds remaining. 10 seconds of Dark Soul is enough for 4 CBs or 3 CBs and a Conflag.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Your guild is doing it wrong if you are Shadowburning adds whilst he's still inside the recharge phase.
    uhm now it doesn't really matter if u have lust or not but the damage u can do with glyphed havoc and shadowburn on that encounter is pretty insane and pure health damage seems to be the most important thing in most cases, at least it was for us (in the end all locks went demo anyway but yeah).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    uhm now it doesn't really matter if u have lust or not but the damage u can do with glyphed havoc and shadowburn on that encounter is pretty insane and pure health damage seems to be the most important thing in most cases, at least it was for us (in the end all locks went demo anyway but yeah).
    I mean when he's charging the shield again and is exposed. If his raid is killing adds instead of burning the boss then they're going to be less effective than bursting them in a field afterwards, and will take a bunch of damage from them exploding.

Might not matter on heroic or normal but his point of back to back Dark Souls here because he gets to Shadowburn early isn't good practice.

Deleted
    In general,

Trinkets Quiscent Runestone / Copelands Clarity.

-4secs Prepot, Incinerate
    -2secs Immolate
    0 CD's (Dark Soul, Trinkets) Conflag x2 -> 4 Incinerates -> Chaos bolt -> Immolate etc etc.

Works pretty well for me! I enjoy trying to compete with our monks, Hunters and Warriors on the Mind Fungus havoc execute on Brackenspore Mythic. TOD too Stronk
    Last edited by mmoc964a9662ef; 2015-01-14 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    I normally get to 3 embers then use all my shit and CB while my prepot it still up. then go back to normal,
    if you wait for 4 embers your potion would of ran out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keliptic View Post
    I normally get to 3 embers then use all my shit and CB while my prepot it still up. then go back to normal,
    if you wait for 4 embers your potion would of ran out.
    Your ring and weapon enchant will have expired if you do this. Better to squeeze out 2 asap then get the third later.

i really do hate lust right away unless the i can keep two embers after trash but waiting around kills that. I usally build to 3 embers and use copelands, sand man if i procs and dark soul and pot blast chaos bolts then continue on to my rotation can not wait to see how the new ring 690 lengdary fits in it gives you a 10% boost to intellect.

I mean when he's charging the shield again and is exposed. If his raid is killing adds instead of burning the boss then they're going to be less effective than bursting them in a field afterwards, and will take a bunch of damage from them exploding.

Might not matter on heroic or normal but his point of back to back Dark Souls here because he gets to Shadowburn early isn't good practice.
    Yea my guild isn't nearly full enough to have a complete raid and we generally just pug heroic, but when I'm in somebody else's pug, shit can get out of control. I don't focus on the adds in that phase, but if I see the adds in the field with low health, I'll havoc kor'agh and sb snipe the adds. With lust going and a DS charge up there's no reason I shouldn't try and keep maximum uptime on DS. I'm not saying I always use 2 DS charges during lust, but situationally, I'm not saying never.

Your ring and weapon enchant will have expired if you do this. Better to squeeze out 2 asap then get the third later.
    Last night I was getting some good luck with my Sandman's proc, where it would proc late enough through my Shards of Nothing that I could sometimes get a fourth CB with what looked like 0.1s on my Sandman's. RNG + watching trinket timers + careful spell timing can provide some really nice burst. But that's just with my current trinket combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatari View Post
    In general,

Trinkets Quiscent Runestone / Copelands Clarity.

-4secs Prepot, Incinerate
    -2secs Immolate
    0 CD's (Dark Soul, Trinkets) Conflag x2 -> 4 Incinerates -> Chaos bolt -> Immolate etc etc.

Works pretty well for me! I enjoy trying to compete with our monks, Hunters and Warriors on the Mind Fungus havoc execute on Brackenspore Mythic. TOD too Stronk
    Ok ...the rotation is already dealt with in the warlock sticky section...but still there is some less than crazy stuff being said. Either this guy doesn't play a lock or he is pissing his tanks and subsequently everyone else in his guild off every pull. If you are prepotting and incinerating at -4 sec...you have no clue what your doing. And since I don't think there is any rational tank or guild for that matter that would put up with this I am calling you out on this bs. This ticked me off so much I actually had to use a secondary email to resign up on the site just to combat your nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Same as usual, wait till my pouch proccs, drop Dark Soul and start tossing CB's at a mother******
    I do the same, immolate, conflagrate then spam incinerate untill pouch procs and i have few embers generated. After that Dark soul and I turn into CB turret.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolomay View Post
    Ok ...the rotation is already dealt with in the warlock sticky section...but still there is some less than crazy stuff being said. Either this guy doesn't play a lock or he is pissing his tanks and subsequently everyone else in his guild off every pull. If you are prepotting and incinerating at -4 sec...you have no clue what your doing. And since I don't think there is any rational tank or guild for that matter that would put up with this I am calling you out on this bs. This ticked me off so much I actually had to use a secondary email to resign up on the site just to combat your nonsense.
    Why?

Max Range allows 4 second prepot with incinerate/immolate both hitting boss after the tank has pulled.