Will BRF be "delayed" to 6.1 so as not to send out a bunch of class changes midway?

Is it likely that BRF will be launched the same time as 6.1 if just because it likely would result, if they did not, wind up pushing 6.1 with its likely large class fixes within weeks of BRF launch?

I put delayed in quotes just because it implies a much longer wait and I believe most thought it would launch in February anyways at start of WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

During T14 progression they had no qualms with releasing Patch 5.1 and changing the balance on a lot of classes. So I don't foresee it being an issue.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    nope. no reason to delay anything. specially not due to balancing classes. they constantly try balance those anyway regardless of when or what content is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Looks like Foundry will be AFTER 6.1.
    6.1 looks like its gonna be two tuesdays from this week.
    Its got stuff for the Valentine Day's even in it, so it has to be out before Feb.
    Foundry has already been announced to come out sometime IN feb, so technically after 6.1 if these estimations are correct.
    But of course, its all speculation.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

What was the time difference of 5.1 launch and ToeS?

In my mind it wouldn't be an issue if it was the 2nd or 3rd month after a raid has been out, like Highmaul. But within 1 or 2 weeks of BRF being released? Obviously the only people's whose opinion matters is Blizzard's, but I suspect a good amount of people would prefer it launch right when 6.1 launches. (push up 6.1 not delay BRF)

Personally I'd like them to release it whenever they want to completely separate from 6.1 timetable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Its got stuff for the Valentine Day's even in it, so it has to be out before Feb.
    Foundry has already been announced to come out sometime IN feb, so technically after 6.1 if these estimations are correct.
    How long was 5.1 and 5.3 on the PTR? Thought it was longer than that, though I could be wrong. Its not like 6.1 is just a class fix patch. While people have different ideas of "content", there is a fair amount of new stuff in 6.1. 6.1 in 2 weeks would be nice though.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    What was the time difference of 5.1 launch and ToeS?

In my mind it wouldn't be an issue if it was the 2nd or 3rd month after a raid has been out, like Highmaul. But within 1 or 2 weeks of BRF being released? Obviously the only people's whose opinion matters is Blizzard's, but I suspect a good amount of people would prefer it launch right when 6.1 launches. (push up 6.1 not delay BRF)

Personally I'd like them to release it whenever they want to completely separate from 6.1 timetable.

- - - Updated - - -

How long was 5.1 and 5.3 on the PTR? Thought it was longer than that, though I could be wrong. Its not like 6.1 is just a class fix patch. While people have different ideas of "content", there is a fair amount of new stuff in 6.1. 6.1 in 2 weeks would be nice though.
    5.1 was also only on the servers for 2 weeks. It was out like 2 weeks earlier than this one is though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Not sure how long exactly 5.1 was on the PTR, but it released almost exactly two months after MOP launched (I remember that because of the way the NPCs interacted with you in the base game about "meet back with me in two months."). Remember, though, that patches don't have set timetables for when they need to be finished and how long they need to be tested for. Patch 6.1 could be on the PTR for two weeks or it could be on the PTR for two months, we don't have a realistic way to know.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Personally, I hope so. Blackrock Foundry balance on the beta was an absolute mess due to the massive difference in AoE and cleaving power between classes while the majority of the encounters are all about cleaving/multitarget/AoE. They promised an AoE number pass prior to 6.0 launching to address this problem, a problem Celestalon even admitted existed, but it never came.

Single target issues in Highmaul were bad enough and warranted a ton of hotfixes but AoE balance is far far worse and needs adjustments prior to the tier dropping unless they want Retribution and Windwalkers being gods among men while others like Shadow Priests are pushed out of viability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

As far as I am aware 6.1 is the blackrock foundry patch. Blackrock foundry was scheduled around mid Feb so this seems about right, allowing a month on the ptr.
    Last edited by delus; 2015-01-12 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    As far as I am aware 6.1 is the blackrock foundry patch. Blackrock foundry was scheduled around mid Feb so this seems about right, allowing a month on the ptr.
    It is not, they may launch BRF at the same time just for convenience sake, but if 6.1 was for BRF they would be PTR testing it and most likely you wouldn't be able to progress on the next level of the legendary quest atm.

In MoP, you didn't even pick up the next legendary quest, presumably because they were still developing it. This time though, you have the quests to start collecting the legendary items. And for that matter, you start getting the follower missions which give the new abrogator stones and you get them from work orders.

You are correct on when it was scheduled for though.

Don't mind if it is, this half-tier approach has always left me unsatisfied as the second half of the tier comes out too soon and invalidates the first. A longer gap makes them feel more like separate tiers. IMO a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Holiday stuff means nothing. They've put those things in the game files a year early before actually using them, before.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it really makes a big difference when 6.1 comes. Whatever balancing they want to do before BRF drops will be done, whether its part of 6.1 or just hotfixed in.

I don't think they will delay BRF to be with patch 6.1 though, I believe that the delay in releasing it has been enough already and I hope they agree.

It is not, they may launch BRF at the same time just for convenience sake, but if 6.1 was for BRF they would be PTR testing it and most likely you wouldn't be able to progress on the next level of the legendary quest atm.
    Well no because they already tested on beta...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."