Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ant13 View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9/advanced
    Spec: Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): Oregorger: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=healing,
    Beastlord: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&type=healing

I m a new healer, actually this char was my alt, (i was a melee b4), in addition to the issue that I need to learn how to position myself in the raid as a healer, I have big issues with my healing... I dont like my numbers at all, and I believe that I can perform a lot lot better beside not having a single spirit trinket. If someone can point me out what am I doing wrong (and not tell me just that I suck, which apparently I do), I will be grateful. Thank you in advance.
    comparing your healing to the other monk in your raid in oregorger.

his RJW healing amount is over twice as much as yours. Your lack of spirit (~1200) compared to his spirit (~2000) is a big factor to that likely which strains your mana way faster than his. Your chi generation is good, but I think you can make more use of expel harm as it has good chi-for-mana without expending Renewing Mists needlessly.

I might add more to that later, for now I have raid sorry I don't have a lot to point out

Thanx a lot for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    comparing your healing to the other monk in your raid in oregorger.

his RJW healing amount is over twice as much as yours. Your lack of spirit (~1200) compared to his spirit (~2000) is a big factor to that likely which strains your mana way faster than his. Your chi generation is good, but I think you can make more use of expel harm as it has good chi-for-mana without expending Renewing Mists needlessly.

I might add more to that later, for now I have raid sorry I don't have a lot to point out
    Anyone else has something to offer? xD
    I need as much help as i can get.
    thnx

Quote Originally Posted by ant13 View Post
    Anyone else has something to offer? xD
    I need as much help as i can get.
    thnx
    The difference between the 2 is RJW. Mostly everything else is ok. You need more spirit to get better use out of it without going oom. You wasted 5 chi but thats not that bad. The other monk wasted 9.

I would drop chi brew. In total, you gained 16 chi over the course of the fight. Power Strikes would have netted you 26 chi for a 6:40 long fight so you may want to look into switching that out.

you got 2 uses out of the candle, could fit 3 in but thats nominal if you are not having mana issues.

Ill have more time in the morning to take a closer look if you would like. As far as raid positioning, MW monks are the envy of all the other healers since we dont get targetted with anything that ranged get target with which means we can stand pretty much where ever we want. Usually in melee is a good spot. I try to stay away from ranged on fights where they get screwed (likie beastlord pinned down) or on flamebender, stay in melee the entire time.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2015-05-30 at 09:05 AM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

sorry for the shitty links as I'm new here I can't post any links yet
    Armory eu .battle.net/wow/en/character/eitrigg/Castormaline/simple
    Spec: WW 2H
    Combat Log Parse Darmac Mythic askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/51706d9e-b63b-4f49-82bb-41af09f69b16/report/4#v=0,d=0,c=22

Hello fellow monks.

I strugle to DPS on Darmac. I've managed to know why by looking at logs : I do not use enough sck and FOF and the uptime of TP's debuff is way to low.
    But what I don't understand is the insane gap between them and me when it comes to SEF.
    This monk for instance is doing insane amounts of damage with his clones (askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/1cb043c3-9529-49c2-a49b-2dc9aaf147b0/report/10#v=0,d=0,c=18

I don't really get on which targets should I send my clones? When the pack is coming should I send 2 clones on 2 pack beasts ? and when there are no beasts, focus on the heavy spears with the clones?

Thanks in advance for the advices.
    Cheers
    Yard
    Last edited by Yardbirds; 2015-06-03 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardbirds View Post
    sorry for the shitty links as I'm new here I can't post any links yet
    Armory eu .battle.net/wow/en/character/eitrigg/Castormaline/simple
    Spec: WW 2H
    Combat Log Parse Darmac Mythic askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/51706d9e-b63b-4f49-82bb-41af09f69b16/report/4#v=0,d=0,c=22

Hello fellow monks.

I strugle to DPS on Darmac. I've managed to know why by looking at logs : I do not use enough sck and FOF and the uptime of TP's debuff is way to low.
    But what I don't understand is the insane gap between them and me when it comes to SEF.
    This monk for instance is doing insane amounts of damage with his clones (askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/1cb043c3-9529-49c2-a49b-2dc9aaf147b0/report/10#v=0,d=0,c=18

I don't really get on which targets should I send my clones? When the pack is coming should I send 2 clones on 2 pack beasts ? and when there are no beasts, focus on the heavy spears with the clones?

Thanks in advance for the advices.
    Cheers
    Yard
    Hi Yardbirds,

i am guessing that the monk you compare yourself is using his full 10 stacks of Tigereye Brew on each pack of beasts spawn after popping his clones.

Your Monks (694 avg item level) Clone CraneKicks normal average Ticks are 986 Dmg,
    Other Monks (695 avg item level) Clones Cranekicks normale average ticks: 1,409 Dmg.

That is exactly a 60% increase.
    Last edited by mmoc61bdbea7d0; 2015-06-03 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks for you answer. I've never thought of the 10 stacks on each packs.
    But I still don't really get on which targets i should use my clones. The beasts packs? It is worth it?

Deleted
    Thanks for you answer. I've never thought of the 10 stacks on each packs.
    But I still don't really get on which targets i should use my clones. The beasts packs? It is worth it?
    Depends on what you want to achieve or get assigned to.

Burning down Beasts? Yes.

I'll try that the next time we'll go to Darmac MM. I'll try aswell to increase my usage of sck and FOF and increase the uptime for tiger palm's debuff.
    Thanks for your answers !
    Last edited by Yardbirds; 2015-06-03 at 05:48 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try that the next time we'll go to Darmac MM. I'll try aswell to increase my usage of sck and FOF and increase the uptime for tiger palm's debuff.
    Thanks for your answers !
    The monk that you were looking at was padding just to increase his numbers. A WW going HAM on the pack beasts is rarely the best choice as other classes are better suited for it. Similarly, Boomkins and Shadow priests are better suited to killing Spears, so during progression its best for a WW to just focus on the boss and mounts.

After progression when you want to just do as much damage on the meters as possible, then Chi Burst, SEF and TEB can be used on the spears and pack beasts.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

us(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Pathomonk/simple
    Here are my logs from the other night, what could I do to improve?

www(dot)warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/qTKN8wdfvrm9x2MP#fight=15&type=healing
    www(dot)warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/qTKN8wdfvrm9x2MP#fight=12&type=healing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winree View Post
    us(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Pathomonk/simple
    Here are my logs from the other night, what could I do to improve?

www(dot)warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/qTKN8wdfvrm9x2MP#fight=15&type=healing
    www(dot)warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/qTKN8wdfvrm9x2MP#fight=12&type=healing
    Enchant your weapon!

Looking at Kromog first, the first clear problem is that you are 5-healing it (leading to large overheal %s) and you are competing against healers that are 10 ilvls higher than you. Moving onto actual performance...
    Chi Generation is okay, although you could try getting more Expel Harms in.
    Your uplift and renewing mist is overhealing by a ton, be sure to time it with Kromog's skills such as Stone Breath and Slam. Granted it's 5-healing but incase you're 4 healing, that can be patched up.
    I think you can get more RJW casts off as well. I personally stood with the melee to maximize its potential heal.

Looking at Ka'graz...
    Too much overhealing again, albeit this time it's with 3 healers. As a healer monk you are mostly treated as if you're melee. So if you're looking for potential throughput boost, you can stand with the melee group and do stuff like RJW everytime Molten Torrent lands on the melee group.
    You wasted a few Chi from Renewing Mist, try minimizing that further.
    Adding to the RJW point above, quite a few casts on it, though to be fair it's use is rather limited if you're standing at range unless everyone has to stack on Firestorm.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Mala/advanced
    Spec: Windwalker 2h
    Combat Log Parse http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...840856/latest/

Hello everyone this is my first time posting here.

I feel like I've hit a brick wall when it comes to my dps in general,especially when it comes to single target.
    So i'm looking for an experienced monk to give my logs a reading,Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2015-06-06 at 12:59 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cercopes View Post
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Mala/advanced
    Spec: Windwalker 2h
    Combat Log Parse http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...840856/latest/

Hello everyone this is my first time posting here.

I feel like I've hit a brick wall when it comes to my dps in general,especially when it comes to single target.
    So i'm looking for an experienced monk to give my logs a reading,Thanks in advance.
    Looking at your most recent Gruul kill link.

There really isn't anything you could have done better and you average +80th percentile which is definitely above average. You could use Zen Sphere on that fight which will do a little more damage, but ability usage was really good, other than a few missed RSK, one missed Chi Brew and two missed Energizing Brew.

The brick wall you're hitting is that you don't have the Mythic gear that the players who rank higher have plenty of.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Thank you very much for the reply.I'll get a weak aura to keep track of Chi brew and Energizing brew better.

BrM Improvements

Armory:eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Lennan/advanced
    Spec: Brewmaster
    Logs:warcraftlogs.com/reports/CN6H3wz4B2KhjZrV

For starters, I have obtained two upgrades since that raid, that's why it isn't enchanted.

So right, due to players quitting our mythic raid team I thought that I could dust of my Brewmaster and help out with our tanking. This raid here was a pug with no comms at all, so please disregard wipes and the LFR kill.
    The main issue is that I feel 'squishy' not being able to cope with abilities to well, if there is a way for me to iimprove there it would be amazing.
    Second is that I see many other Brewmasters doing a hell of a lot more damage than I currently do, is there a way for me to improve that, without it going out of survival.

Could use some help with trinktes, having trouble seeing which is best to use at different points
    Knight's Badge (685)
    Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork (685)
    Pillar of the Earth (676)
    Kyb's Foolish Perseverance (665)
    which should I use for what reasons ?

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Or should I just stay Ele/Enh ?
    Last edited by Nicklas; 2015-06-10 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Trinkets

I had a quick look, Nicklas. The first thing I see is that your shuffle uptime is not good. 71% on Gruul, 80% on Oregorger, 69% on Hansgar and Franzok. A reason for this is that you do not use Serenity enough. I see that you are specced into it, and on some fights you use it perhaps once. On Gruul you did not even use it at all. Serenity is so much free shuffle uptime that you can almost forget about shuffle after you are done with serenity.

If we look at other cooldowns you use, you are also behind on Gruul. Dampen Harm is perfect for Inferno Slices, but I see no casts. Neither did you use Fortifying Brew. Cooldown usage is important for tanking, especially if you want to try the harder encounters. You can even solo a inferno slice using Zen Meditation if you so wish.

Another metric that is useful to judge brewmasters on is how much damage you purify away. On Kromog you staggered 7.28M damage. Of that damage, you actually took 2.49M, which means you purified away 65% of the damage. This is not horrible, but it can be improved as well.

Seeking help for my team's mistweaver monk, Jayforce. (You can ignore Alien as he is our backup healer due to his schedule, just looking for help on Jayforce at the moment). He does good on some bosses, but almost always is horribly low on Hans and Frans (even when he lives), and Gruul (why is he so low on Gruul? I imagine this fight would be fairly OP for MWer with timed uplifts for slices?)

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ayforce/simple
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...LAb8fN#boss=-2 (he has some good bosses here)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...fyLdVD#boss=-2 (this farm night he was lowest healer by a long shot every single kill...)

Thank you so much... really hope you can help!!
    Last edited by Broccoliz; 2015-06-10 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Seeking help for my team's mistweaver monk, Jayforce. (You can ignore Alien as he is our backup healer due to his schedule, just looking for help on Jayforce at the moment). He does good on some bosses, but almost always is horribly low on Hans and Frans (even when he lives), and Gruul (why is he so low on Gruul? I imagine this fight would be fairly OP for MWer with timed uplifts for slices?)

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ayforce/simple
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...LAb8fN#boss=-2 (he has some good bosses here)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...fyLdVD#boss=-2 (this farm night he was lowest healer by a long shot every single kill...)

Thank you so much... really hope you can help!!
    judging by trinket procs, he seems to be using the Oregorger and a combination between the Ironspike Chew Toy (Int+spirit proc) or Darmac's Unstable Talisman (Int+haste proc). That's not good news, because a lack of at least one spirit trinket will limit his mana regen greatly, thus limiting his potential RJW casts. Give him either the spirit trinket from Blackhand or especially Blast Furnace, and replace the Darmac trinket asap. Well, the Chew Toy counts, but it's not valued highly for mistweavers because procced spirit does not contribute to Mana Tea regen.

I'll list out the common problems among both of the linked logs. The first and biggest offender imo is that he is not making good use of Uplift in terms of amount of casts, which is our biggest chi-spender for 'AoE' heals. RJW is a very powerful heal, but costs a hefty amount of Mana, which he isn't casting much likely due to the lack of Spirit as it'll make him run out of mana quicker. Expel Harm is a very mana-efficient chi-generator, and since he uses the Power Strikes talent, Expel Harm can give him the 2-chi needed to, say, cast 3 Uplifts back to back or something similar to quickly recover from raid damage. He should glyph Expel Harm and heal others with it if he wants to gain chi without fear of wasting the heal.

Regarding specific bosses:

Oregorger: Dies twice which makes it difficult to tell the problems... If he keeps having the problem of getting run over, take Dampen Harm and he shouldn't get one shot I believe, though the crash damage followup will probably kill him. Either way, he also needs to work on surviving, and dampen harm is great in Ore to mitigate Acid Torrent damage. His best opportunity to uplift here is before every acid torrent.

Gruul: In the first log, though I suppose his double deaths contributed to it, he's not generating enough chi from Power Strikes. In the second log, 0 RJW casts makes the level 90 talent tree a waste. 30 Surging Mist casts in the 2nd log is also a lot o_o that'll strain his mana just as fast as using RJW, and although his Surging Mist overhealing is minimal, he could've had better net healing from using RJW instead.

Hansgar and Franzok: Double deaths in both logs... not good at all either. In the case of the first log, I'm guessing he's too nervous to roll and activate a stamper by accident. Not sure if he dies because he panicked or something, but roll is a great tool to escape from the intermission stampers if he doesn't know how to not get hit by the stampers by standing on the edge of the stationary area.

Flamebender: nothing big out of the ordinary, though I suppose this is where RJW can be very useful. Jayforce could've maximized the use of RJW by stands with the melee stack the entire time without consequence since he'll never be targeted by molten torrent, blazing radiance or lava slash, which he does stand with the melee!

Beastlord: Nothing outstanding in particular that I can comment.

Hope this helps one way or another!