Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daeli View Post
    Iskar:before 2nd + 3rd adds you only auto attack the boss for almost over 10s + then it takes about annother 5-7s till you find an add to dps
    Overall Iskar is for our guild is weird fight to look at, we need to stop dps to wait ring cooldown for add phase, so we can oneshot shadow add with the ring during the add phase

Another macro you could look at if you are trying to use SEF optimally and don't want to mess with mouseovers is:

#showtooltip Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /cast [target=targetnamehere] Storm, Earth, and Fire; Storm, Earth, and Fire

Though, this method will take up more buttons on your action bar, so the mouseover one might be more useful if you don't have much room on your bar. Iskar for example, I have 4 different macros to help me throw out and make sure I'm targeting what I'm supposed to be targeting, while also getting my SEF out in a timely manner.

For add rotation 1 and 2, I use the above macro on the Illusionary Outcast and the Corrupted Talonpriest, and then I use a /tar Phantasmal Resonance macro to ensure I can get a Touch of Death off on the Resonance.

For add rotation 3 I use it on the Corrupted Talonpriest and the Shadowfel Warden, while again targeting the Resonance.

I've found that using these really help with downtime trying to get SEF out and trying to find the Resonance, allowing for more DPS output. Using Malicious Censer has roughly equal benefits on this fight to using Mirror, if your adds get obliterated each phase, it might be worth running Censer since you won't get as much benefit from the Mirror since the majority of its DPS comes from the add cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fzzf View Post
    Overall Iskar is for our guild is weird fight to look at, we need to stop dps to wait ring cooldown for add phase, so we can oneshot shadow add with the ring during the add phase
    oh, that makes sense - should have checked overall raid dps during that downtime

I have a question - I am running Chi-Ex, ascension currently, my armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Zedray/advanced

The biggest problem I am having is I am capping energy quite a few times.. running with 1800 haste approximately, 2200 MS... I am afraid of cutting my haste down in the event it becomes too little.. I have posted a couple logs here.. Manny H was ok but Archi H (wipe - we didn't kill) saw me capping energy so many times.. Anything I can do better to manage this? I want to cut down my haste because it is bothering me that I am capping.. I can see quite a few have mentioned stack haste for Chi-Ex but is there something as too much haste?

I run 45-55ms at 150+ fps typically.

More recent logs:

Archi H (one of the better attempts) ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VrjmKMyFLHwahB4A#type=resources&source=17&spell=103&fight=14

Manny H ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VrjmKMyFLHwahB4A#type=resources&source=17&spell=103&fight=1

Fel Lord H ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CKW68H9XAGjhTVpr#fight=41&type=resources&source=581&spell=103

Gore H ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/H8JfAZBzVcMYqgnT#fight=1&type=resources&spell=103

Thanks,

Zedray
    Last edited by Zedray; 2015-11-19 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Additional details

Zedray,

I don't think you have too much haste. You're sitting around 717 iLvl and going full haste build, whereas many top monks are reaching the upper 730s and are also running the full haste build. Personally, I have never ran into the issue of energy capping where it is a hindrance to my dps(aside from the occasional mistimed Energizing Brew). Assuming you are going for a 4 chi ChiEx every single time, there should be no reason you are energy capping. At quick glance of your logs, there were some periods where you were capped for 5-7 seconds. You need to make sure you are maximizing your Jabs, while also not over capping your chi. Having 6 chi isn't a bad thing, so if you get 4 chi but are close to capping out your energy, it's not always a bad thing to cast another Jab to put you at 6 chi.

Another issue I see is that you are casting a lot of 3 Chi ChiEx's. ChiEx currently is primarily good for cleave, and to get full use out of the cleave, you need to be casting 4 Chi ChiEx's. This will really help out with your energy because your going to be jabbing more, taking away from your energy. Zakuun for example, you should be using Xuen, Chi Brew, and Serenity. This will help out with energy because you won't have the passive from Ascension, so you won't be generating energy as fast.

Overall, just try to jab more and go for 4 chi ChiEx's when cleave is available. Using 3 Chi ChiEx's when SEF + 2 targets are cleavable is a pretty big DPS loss.

Thank you for your help StratDigital. I appreciate it.. also got one more question..

Apart from weapons, trinkets I was in a dilemma regarding which chest piece I should upgrade.
    I primarily run Chi-Ex(90% of the playtime) cleave as well as ST but have been trying to switch back to BoK and Serenity ST.
    Also I play some MW when required.(10% playtime)

Keeping the above thought with respect to gearing, which do you think will be better to upgrade?

Question 1:
    1) Tier warforged Chest piece [H, WF] 716 - I have the other 4 tier pieces also.
    2) Chestguard of Gnawing desire [H, WF, Socket] 716
    3) Tunic of Soulbinder [H, Socket] 710

Question 2:
    Also better to upgrade 715 2h wep or 2 1h wep 1x716 [WF, socket] 1x715

Thanks,

Zedray

Q1: Bit of a toss up, tier chest is pretty much out of the question. I've seen a lot of monks run Gnawing Desire, and since you run ChiEx the majority of the time that might be the best option to upgrade - the iLvl bonus is also beneficial. So at this point that would probably be the best option.

Q2: Generally at your gear level you just want iLvl - so it would be a very close choice, however the fact that one of your 1h has a socket will outweigh the pros of running the 2h off of Manno. The haste off Gorefiend Axe + Zak/Xhul 1h will also help out with your energy regen since you run ChiEx the majority of the time.

Deleted
    Armory: ww.eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Yinzen/advanced
    Spec:WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jVKaxvT8mpCN6wWh#fight=32&type=damage-done

So yea im not sure as doing good rotation or something cus i know ww monk usually top at velhari so i want know whats problem if u see other bosses problemos i so can u guys tell me so i can be better player. and i cant post links so see that ! and this is old log but i want see as doing my correct rotation or?
    Last edited by mmoccef2665a55; 2015-11-23 at 10:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Armory: Itrend
    Spec: MW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): WCL
    iLv: 717
    Trinket: Mythic EST + Mythic Intuition's Gift

I find my uplift always heals less than other MWs with same iLVs. My uplift only did 23,412.3 which is lower. Why?
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2015-11-25 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yinzen View Post
    Armory: ww.eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Yinzen/advanced
    Spec:WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jVKaxvT8mpCN6wWh#fight=32&type=damage-done

So yea im not sure as doing good rotation or something cus i know ww monk usually top at velhari so i want know whats problem if u see other bosses problemos i so can u guys tell me so i can be better player. and i cant post links so see that ! and this is old log but i want see as doing my correct rotation or?
    A few things to note after a quick look at your logs. During the Velhari fight that you linked, there was 3 major issues I noticed.

1.) Your Tiger Power buff is at 90% where it should be very close to 100%, especially on a fight like Velhari that has little movement until the very end. If you are having trouble tracking Tiger Power, I recommend a weak aura that makes a noise as it is getting close to expiration. I would link you mine, but I'm not at my gaming PC and don't have the code handy.

2.) There were a few gaps in the fight that you did not use Rising Sun Kick off cooldown. RSK is one of your hardest hitting moves and it should be a priority to cast that over Blackout Kick/Chi Explosion. Again, if you are having issues tracking the cooldown of RSK, a weak aura in the middle of your screen or somewhere you will notice it should help you tremendously. Though this issue may be one that is up for discussion - some people believe that a 4 Chi Chi Explosion is more valuable than a RSK, personally I just think it is good practice to use RSK on cooldown.

3.) This probably had a lot to contribute to the issue - There was a 6 second gap between the first and second add during this pull, however there was almost a one minute gap in downtime with your SEF. Windwalkers shine specifically in cleave situations, so when you aren't utilizing the move that makes you shine, your DPS is going to suffer greatly. Just try to get more uptime on your SEF while there is 2 adds up and that should really increase your DPS.

4.) A few minor fixes that will contribute as well: You only used Touch of Death once during the fight, where there are 3 windows of opportunity to use it. One on each add throughout the fight. It looks like you put SEF on the first add, which is fine - but just make sure you're watching the health pool so you can use ToD.

Unfortunately during HFC, Soul Capacitor has a very large influence on your DPS. Some pulls you could get completely screwed over in procs, and your DPS just won't be where it could be.

That was as much as I could do in the time I had - if you want to post your logs after this week with some of the changes I suggested, I can try to look for some more specific tips outside of these. Hope it helped
    Last edited by StratDigital; 2015-11-26 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Vis/advanced
    Spec: Windwalker
    WcL parse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/C6ZpbvxrHqtF4PBh

I came back a couple months after a short break which happened when my guild was progressing HFC hc, after a few weeks I managed to get my 4p and SDI. I’ve been checking logs constantly and I always thought I was doing ok for my ilvl and my guild’s kill times. I easily spotted huge issues that I’m still kinda working on (lazy FoF usage, way too many TP casts coming from my BrM past, etc) though last night I had a mediocre night and I can’t really spot the big flaws in my logs (except me falling asleep and not using Agi pot on Gorefiend’s first Feast). The one thing I can spot straight away is that higher parses have much higher average damage per second from single skills (ie their RSK has much higher average damage than mine). My suspect is bad TeB usage even though I always thought i was doing ok on that… Can you guy help me out? (Ignore Manny and Archimonde normal kills from the logs please)

Thanks in advance

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Lionacino/simple
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/mt3RXjkhdWfNY68x#type=summary&source=1
    Log 2: warcraftlogs.com/reports/mt3RXjkhdWfNY68x#type=summary&fight=29&source=1

Hi guys, I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong but it's really frustrating me quite a bit. I'm being out DPS by players 30 ilevels below me. Even a fellow WW monk who's at 680+ and mainly pvp gear is out-dpsing me by 17k

In some fights I'm only barely doing more than 30k. Even gainst the stormshield dummies, I rarely exceed 35-40k either. I believe at my iLevel, and according to SimCraft, I should easily be doing more than 50k+ dps. I really need some advice cos I'm pulling my hair out

I just had a very quick look at your Zakuun-attempt. You did not apply Rising Sun Kick until 20 seconds into the fight. Your entire first Serenity was spent without the RSK debuff up on the boss. Your opener was just weird. You should aim to have as many stacks of TEB up for Serenity as possible, not use it after. You also sumoned Xuen 30 seconds into the fight, instead of immediately so he could benefit from your prepot and initial procs.

For Tyrant I would really encourage usage of Chi Explosion and SEF to maximize damage. If done correctly, you will do almost as much damage to the main target as you would have done with single target and serenity and get a lot of damage done to the add at the same time.

I would really suggest you go back to basics. Make sure you have RSK debuff and TP buff and use your abilities as often as you can.

Lionacino -

Just to highlight again what Zik said above, really really need to make sure you're covering your basics. Here is the link to the Windwalker guide located on these forums. Read over that and make sure you understand/follow everything.

A few quick tips(info coming from your Zakuun pull):
    1) Your Tiger Palm uptime is actually really good(95%). You let it fall off 3 times during the fight, so just try to make sure you aim to keep 100% uptime on the buff.
    2) You're not casting Rising Sun Kick or Fists of Fury on cooldown. These are you your two hardest hitting moves, so you want to take advantage of them. There was a 1 minute window you didn't cast FoF, meaning you missed out on a cast of Fists. Your RSK is all over the place, sometimes you used it on CD, sometimes you didn't use it for 20+ seconds. With RSK you want to cast it on cooldown, whereas with Fists holding it for a few seconds when you're at 7/8 stacks of Tigereye Berw might be beneficial for you.
    3) Casting Xuen 30 seconds in really bit you in the butt - if you would have casted it at the beginning of the fight, you would have had 85 seconds of uptime, where in the log you only had 45 seconds of uptime since it was coming off cooldown right as the fight was ending.
    4) With Serenity, you only had Tigereye Brew active for one of your Serenity casts, which gimped the potential damage it could have done. Holding Serenity for a few seconds to get Tigereye Brew up is worth. Just make sure you aren't holding it too long because you might run into issues where you will miss out on a Serenity cast later on in the fight.

Few minor tips:
    1) Although Zen Sphere does sim the highest, I recommend swapping to Chi Wave on single target bosses, and Chi Burst on cleave. A lot easier to manage, and Zen Sphere has a bit of micromanaging you need to do in order to use it optimally.
    2) You didn't prepot/pot during the pull. Need to make sure you're doing that, every bit of DPS helps. \

TLDR: Work on your cooldown usage, make sure you are using everything on CD that you are supposed to. Work on your opener and read over the guide I linked you.

Good luck
    WW Monk - Twitch - Strat#1862

Quote Originally Posted by StratDigital View Post
    Lionacino -

Just to highlight again what Zik said above, really really need to make sure you're covering your basics. Here is the link to the Windwalker guide located on these forums. Read over that and make sure you understand/follow everything.

A few quick tips(info coming from your Zakuun pull):
    1) Your Tiger Palm uptime is actually really good(95%). You let it fall off 3 times during the fight, so just try to make sure you aim to keep 100% uptime on the buff.
    2) You're not casting Rising Sun Kick or Fists of Fury on cooldown. These are you your two hardest hitting moves, so you want to take advantage of them. There was a 1 minute window you didn't cast FoF, meaning you missed out on a cast of Fists. Your RSK is all over the place, sometimes you used it on CD, sometimes you didn't use it for 20+ seconds. With RSK you want to cast it on cooldown, whereas with Fists holding it for a few seconds when you're at 7/8 stacks of Tigereye Berw might be beneficial for you.
    3) Casting Xuen 30 seconds in really bit you in the butt - if you would have casted it at the beginning of the fight, you would have had 85 seconds of uptime, where in the log you only had 45 seconds of uptime since it was coming off cooldown right as the fight was ending.
    4) With Serenity, you only had Tigereye Brew active for one of your Serenity casts, which gimped the potential damage it could have done. Holding Serenity for a few seconds to get Tigereye Brew up is worth. Just make sure you aren't holding it too long because you might run into issues where you will miss out on a Serenity cast later on in the fight.

Few minor tips:
    1) Although Zen Sphere does sim the highest, I recommend swapping to Chi Wave on single target bosses, and Chi Burst on cleave. A lot easier to manage, and Zen Sphere has a bit of micromanaging you need to do in order to use it optimally.
    2) You didn't prepot/pot during the pull. Need to make sure you're doing that, every bit of DPS helps. \

TLDR: Work on your cooldown usage, make sure you are using everything on CD that you are supposed to. Work on your opener and read over the guide I linked you.

Good luck
    Thanks for the advice Zik and Strat! Yeah I agree. I think my basics are pretty much messed up. In a raid I find it a bit difficult to focus on the rotation while thinking about where to move in order to stay alive. Hopefully getting more familiar with the raids would help.

A couple of questions though, If I have FoF/Serenity available, but less than 5 or 6 TEB (without any remaining Chi Brew), should I just use whatever TEB I have followed by FoF/Serenity or should I wait till I have at least 7 or 8 stacks of TEB before casting.

Also, should I try to squeeze both FoF and Serenity into one TEB buff, to make the most of it? If so, does it matter which one I use first between FoF or Serenity?

Lastly, for boss with 1-2 adds simultaneously, do you normally move away from the boss and attack the adds directly, or do you keep target on the boss and use SEF on the adds?

I apologise if my questions are kinda noob. I'm still relatively new to WoW and monk's not quite a good beginner class to start out with or master (i think), but having said that I'm not keen on changing my main class cos Windwalker is remarkably fun!

Thanks again!

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionacino View Post
    Thanks for the advice Zik and Strat! Yeah I agree. I think my basics are pretty much messed up. In a raid I find it a bit difficult to focus on the rotation while thinking about where to move in order to stay alive. Hopefully getting more familiar with the raids would help.

A couple of questions though, If I have FoF/Serenity available, but less than 5 or 6 TEB (without any remaining Chi Brew), should I just use whatever TEB I have followed by FoF/Serenity or should I wait till I have at least 7 or 8 stacks of TEB before casting.

Also, should I try to squeeze both FoF and Serenity into one TEB buff, to make the most of it? If so, does it matter which one I use first between FoF or Serenity?

Lastly, for boss with 1-2 adds simultaneously, do you normally move away from the boss and attack the adds directly, or do you keep target on the boss and use SEF on the adds?

I apologise if my questions are kinda noob. I'm still relatively new to WoW and monk's not quite a good beginner class to start out with or master (i think), but having said that I'm not keen on changing my main class cos Windwalker is remarkably fun!

Thanks again!
    Use TEB with FoF regardless of stacks, there isn't a magic number you want to wait for.

You always want to FoF into Serenity, unless FoF has 12+ seconds left on its cooldown.

That's a personal preference thing. I personally focus the boss and put SEF on the adds. However, if there are constant adds then leaving a clone on the boss requires less clicking around and reapplying of buffs.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...risei/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../latest#boss=0

I seem to have really good burst damage on starting the fight but my sustained damage isn't what I was hoping for. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
    I know I don't have my 4pc yet and haven't been lucky on trinkets. My FPS/MS is usually 40-50FPS with MS under 20
    I mean I know being a hybrid class I won't do the dps of a 718 Sub Rogue but it feels like I'm just not performing to my best.
    With my talents, healing elixirs I just take for soloing stuff
    Anyhow, to help me with my rotation I use the add-on Hekili (sp) and I'm always spec'd with Serenity tho maybe I should do some bosses like Iskar and Socrethar (the guy with all the imps, forgot his name) with Chi Explosion instead >.<

Thanks for any help offered!!

jeff

Residentisz,

Don't have time to look in depth at your logs at the moment - however the odds really aren't in your favor right now. Talents are a HUGE part of a Windwalkers success, as well as set bonuses + trinkets. Every fight I am changing up trinkets/talents, so the fact that you are extremely limited on trinkets and gear is putting you behind, but I recommend changing your talents away from purely just Serenity. Chi Explosion is used on a majority of the fights in this instance.

Here are the talents I run per fight(in a Mythic setting):
    Assault - Chi Burst, Ascension, Rushing Jade Wind, Chi Explosion
    Iron Reaver - Chi Wave/Burst, Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity
    Kormrok - Chi Burst(For Hands), Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity
    Council - Chi Burst, Ascension, Xuen, Chi Explosion
    Kilrogg - Chi Burst, Ascension, Xuen(You can run Chi Torpedo with Celerity(level 15 talent) if you're going down for Vision), Chi Explosion
    Gorefiend - Chi Burst, Ascension, Xuen(Hold for Feast phase), Chi Explosion
    Iskar - Chi Burst, Ascension, Rushing Jade Wind, Chi Explosion
    Xhul'Horac - Chi Burst, Ascension, Rushing Jade Wind, Chi Explosion
    Zakuun - Chi Wave, Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity
    Socrethar - Chi Wave/Burst, Ascension, Xuen, Chi Explosion
    Velhari - Chi Burst, Ascension, Xuen, Chi Explosion
    Mannoroth - Chi Burst, Ascension, Chi Torpedo(Celerity), Chi Explosion
    Archimonde - Chi Burst, Ascension, Xuen, Chi Explosion

That's what I personally run and find the most effective for myself. As you can see, Chi Explosion is used on the vast majority, so I do recommend swapping to that playstyle more frequently.

So try to get that 4 set, and an Archi trinket - as well as try out Chi Ex on a few farm fights if you're not comfortable with the playstyle yet. Utilizing SEF with ChiEx really enhances your dps. Took a quick look at your log and it would appear on Council that you casted SEF 15 seconds into the fight on Jubei and then 51 seconds on Dia. You want to make sure you have SEF up on Jubei and Dia immediately, as it is a DPS buff. Storm, Earth, and Fire is a very important part of current success for monks at the moment, so try to improve on your SEF.

Here is a mouseover macro if you aren't using one, so you don't have to continuously tab target to put SEF up:
    #showtooltipp
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Storm, Earth, and Fire; Storm, Earth, and Fire

Hopefully this helped a bit, will try and look at your logs later tonight!
    WW Monk - Twitch - Strat#1862

Armory:us.battle.ne_t/wow/en/character/zuljin/Touch%C3%A8/simple
    Spec:Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):www_warcraftlogs.co_m/reports/hVCXpDyG3BNbm7nJ#fight=10&type=healing

I am having issues, i have way less casts than Dahealsmonk(us.battle.ne_t/wow/en/character/zuljin/Dahealsmonk/simple) I do agree he is alot better than myself, i need a bit of guidance, i have a different playstyle and stubborn to change, i know tyrant is not a great fight to compare hps, but i need help figuring out what i am doing wrong. Even tonight he has been 20-30k up on me, and almost 20-30% more casts, i am getting ReM starved, from trying to play catch up but he still manages to do just way more than me.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...noots/advanced
    Combat Log Parse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I know most of my mistakes here, FoF usage, TP uptime, etc. I'm more concerned with my opener. My last few kills I've just had abysmal performance and I think a lot of it has to do with my opener being very lackluster. I'm using Xuen, Blademaster's Trinket if I equip it for that fight, and spamming the ever living fuck out of ChiEx after RSK and TP. Jab/EH to 6 chi or a Combo Breaker proc, whichever comes first. Only using ChiEx at 3+ Chi. Should I still be using RSK on cooldown or relying on the trinket to maintain the debuff for me and focusing on ChiEx/FoF?