Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pandanaconda View Post
    Can't look at the video looks like you deleted it.
    You've got most of it right. However, top top parses are not just doing things right, it's the players who push things the most, on their best pull (aka best RNG), while getting all the mechanics perfectly.
    Chi torpedo is indeed one of the things people do to push damage a bit, it's better than Xuen but you can achieve top 10 without it.
    Soul capacitor and other strong proc trinkets are another contender. Banking on soul cap RNG is something high ranking players can do to have wider damage ranges on a single boss depending on different RNG. BOA is a strong trinket, but so is capacitor.

People like Ruhye or Conjugate are pushing all kind of small things to get more damage, like intentionally taking damage into touch of karma if that'll fit into a good soul capacitor. Some of the top ranks get short kill timers. You also need good RNG for boss uptime, aka not being annoyed by breaking chains being slow and you being out of range of the boss, or mark of the legion sending you out of range and seething corruption to the back every time.

However, things you COULD improve:
    -14 out of 17 fists of fury is a huge damage loss; you can get more out of it. Max is not 15
    -You're constantly low on chi; check out babylonius's chiexplosion T18 rotation (his website is in our sigs); as long as you don't have combo breaker procs, fish up to 5-6 chi for it; you don't wanna end up on 0 chi when you can avoid; any occasion where you can cheese for more optimal combo breaker management is gaining relevant dps
    -Be very wary of when you refresh SEF and TEB
    -You've only cast one TOD in that fight, I know it can be hard to pull off as targets die hella quickly, but at least one deathcaller phase 2 and a couple cast phase 3 is easy to pull off frankly; if you see yourself in the top, give yourself the tools to do so
    -You didn't use chi burst for 4:30 minutes
    -You can think about going chibrew if you're not making the most out of combo breaker; it allows for strong rings if you do it right, even as chiexplosion; it's pretty different though, so be ready to practice it a bit.
    -You can prolly pull off stronger openers; didn't go too deep into those.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RwlljubdTNI

Thanks for the rundown. Ibe uploaded the clip again if interested.
    Looking back with my mind on what you said i can clearly see i need better chi managment. I even "waisted" some combobreaker procs by doing a RSK while it was up which could have given me one more proc so ill think about that aswell.
    TOD i have to work on thats a fact.
    Chi burst relevant in rotation even tho at one target?
    Care to elaborate on the "refresh SEF and TEB" ?
    I have tried going chi brew with chiex nut didnt go that well.(need more practise)
    Pull was very bad. See that i opted to get more chi with jab rather than actually using abilities durin ring.
    FOF i thought during the raid i had a good eye on but if i missed 3 then im clearly not. So will improve that.

I wrote this on my phone so sry if it looks bad.
    Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it very much
    Last edited by kolboti; 2016-05-24 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kolboti View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RwlljubdTNI

Thanks for the rundown. Ibe uploaded the clip again if interested.
    Looking back with my mind on what you said i can clearly see i need better chi managment. I even "waisted" some combobreaker procs by doing a RSK while it was up which could have given me one more proc so ill think about that aswell.
    TOD i have to work on thats a fact.
    Chi burst relevant in rotation even tho at one target?
    Care to elaborate on the "refresh SEF and TEB" ?
    I have tried going chi brew with chiex nut didnt go that well.(need more practise)
    Pull was very bad. See that i opted to get more chi with jab rather than actually using abilities durin ring.
    FOF i thought during the raid i had a good eye on but if i missed 3 then im clearly not. So will improve that.

I wrote this on my phone so sry if it looks bad.
    Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it very much
    Nws I do typos on phone all the time.
    I admit I'm the one telling everyone to work on chi management and I fail at it all the time. However, when you have the option to do it, its a good reflex to try and max it out.
    The idea is exactly what happens at 0:56 in that video: you have 10 stacks of TEB allready so no need to rush for that; you have 4 chi, and there is no second target or anything, no tiger strike proc, nothing, yet you chi explosion down to 0 and end up with a combo breaker up.
    This is very little but quickly adds up. If you wanna compete with the likes of Rait and others, then be aware THEY will be doing this well.

I'm not very up to date with chibrew chiex, but both Ruhye and Conjugate pushed me towards this so I'll be giving it a shot. It does seem very strong when done right in that type of scenarios.

For SEF and TEB, I meant that to me one of the big difficulties of that fight is keeping good TEB uptime (basically you get enough stacks as chiexplosion to achieve close to 100% effective uptime) while refreshing it right after adds pops so that you can SEF then TEB. SEF clones benefit from the TEB buff only if it was cast post summoning them.

If pull was bad then you know where you can grind some damage. That's a time where you deal 250% damage or something, so obviously its kinda important.

EDIT: for precised optimization, give the monk discord chat a try. Ruhye hangs out in there, Babylonius and I too, if you want answers about specifics it's a good place.
    Last edited by pandanaconda; 2016-05-24 at 09:59 AM.

Nws I do typos on phone all the time.
    I admit I'm the one telling everyone to work on chi management and I fail at it all the time. However, when you have the option to do it, its a good reflex to try and max it out.
    The idea is exactly what happens at 0:56 in that video: you have 10 stacks of TEB allready so no need to rush for that; you have 4 chi, and there is no second target or anything, no tiger strike proc, nothing, yet you chi explosion down to 0 and end up with a combo breaker up.
    This is very little but quickly adds up. If you wanna compete with the likes of Rait and others, then be aware THEY will be doing this well.

I'm not very up to date with chibrew chiex, but both Ruhye and Conjugate pushed me towards this so I'll be giving it a shot. It does seem very strong when done right in that type of scenarios.

For SEF and TEB, I meant that to me one of the big difficulties of that fight is keeping good TEB uptime (basically you get enough stacks as chiexplosion to achieve close to 100% effective uptime) while refreshing it right after adds pops so that you can SEF then TEB. SEF clones benefit from the TEB buff only if it was cast post summoning them.

If pull was bad then you know where you can grind some damage. That's a time where you deal 250% damage or something, so obviously its kinda important.

EDIT: for precised optimization, give the monk discord chat a try. Ruhye hangs out in there, Babylonius and I too, if you want answers about specifics it's a good place.

Awesome feedback! I will most definetly take all this to heart and try to evolve my gameplay.
    I have new raid tomorrow so ill try out all new things ive learned.
    Really appreciate all the help!

Cheers

Nvm, I figured out my self why my dps was so low. Sorry
    Last edited by upliftin; 2016-05-30 at 09:18 AM.

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Naldam/simple
    Spec:Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&type=healing

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...st/#metric=hps - If you look at Heroic I was doing so much better

First time in Mythic on my alt. I do not understand how 3 months ago my logs showed even higher.I know I am capable of pulling 80+ parses but I am at a complete loss as to what I am doing wrong now. I can't tell if I a not not casting as often or using set bonus enough.

The log is a complete embarrassment to myself as a player. It felt as if I was being carried and it the worst feeling. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Nalda; 2016-06-15 at 09:41 PM.

Hello Monks !

Well, I just go my legendary ring & were doing a mythic progress with my guild, we're 5/13 atm.

For some reasons I feel my dps really low, and that's make me mad, I know I've a lot to improve but if someone could tell me exactly were I've to improve it would be kind and great.

I feel like I'm getting carried & my parses are really low, it's pretty annoying.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/Uplifting/advanced
    Spec:Windwalker
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): warcraftlogs.com/reports/d3cMbVgAHW7BjhaF

If anyone wants to hit me on Bnet or Skype or Discord or whatever you want to, I'm perfectly ok to do that, I really want to improve.

Thanks & cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by upliftin View Post
    Hello Monks !

Well, I just go my legendary ring & were doing a mythic progress with my guild, we're 5/13 atm.

For some reasons I feel my dps really low, and that's make me mad, I know I've a lot to improve but if someone could tell me exactly were I've to improve it would be kind and great.

I feel like I'm getting carried & my parses are really low, it's pretty annoying.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/Uplifting/advanced
    Spec:Windwalker
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): warcraftlogs.com/reports/d3cMbVgAHW7BjhaF

If anyone wants to hit me on Bnet or Skype or Discord or whatever you want to, I'm perfectly ok to do that, I really want to improve.

Thanks & cheers !
    Bonjour bonjour,
    gear looks fine all around.

Checking the basics in your iron reaver kill:
    -5 fists of fury in first 2 minutes is good, keep it up. 4th fist of fury is canceled early? Careful with that. You can replace your basic spells like rising sun kick with
    /cast [nochanneling] Rising sun kick for instance, to allow you to spam those spells during FoF without risking to cancel it. Canceling FoF puts you at risk of missing on SDI procs on last tick!
    -Tiger Power down for first 15 seconds (?!); after that it was good, but really you have no excuse to miss out on those +12% damage for all of your ring.
    -7 out of 16 rising sun kicks in first 2 minutes? Thats hella low!

Serenity opener:
    -Apparently you started off without chi? Your first actions are RSK=>CB*2=>Teb+FoF? SPAM expel harm prepull to start fights at 3-5 chi
    -No tiger palm in a serenity opener is blasphemy;
    -Do something like RSK->TP->BoK->Chibrew*2+TeB+Fists of Fury, that's a pretty good opener
    -You use SEF on a volatile bomb; it lasted close to 5 seconds so I guess thats fine
    -Really make sure you get a good opener; ring enhances that a thousand times so if you wanna feel strong, you better get used to that.

looked a bit at hellfire high council:
    -You juggle A LOT with SEF. Why is that? Is it for your guild's strategy that you need to cancel SEF/reapply it several times?
    -You start the fight 5 seconds in. It cannot be allowed that you take this long to set up SEF. Conjugate, one of the very best mechanical windwalkers out there, who we all trust with everything, doesn't use SEF on dia in his first TEB rotation because she's slow to come down, then casts SEF with an @mouseover macro from is raid UI. This goes a long way in saying that this IS an actual concern, and that you should worry about it, but wasting 5 seconds running is NOT the solution.
    -You use mirror of the blademaster 15 seconds in, completely missing out on ring. That kind of stuff is baseline too and you have to fix it for yourself before asking for advice, you're smart enough to see why delaying first mirror till after ring is gonna mean you'll miss out on each ring cast with it.
    -Overall, your mirrors of the blademaster are extremely delayed. That's very bad since not only does it mean they don't line up with ring, but also you miss out on some casts. If you're unconfortable with it, either make a weakaura big enough for it, or use malicious censer or something else instead.

I think there are many things you are probably aware of not doing 100% right. All you need to know is on walkingthewind.com when in doubt; make sure you fix all of those and you'll be fine. Windwalker is in a good spot!

Good luck with gorefiend, that's a harsh fight for us WWs, but some things allow us to be decent at it.

EDIT: if you do hang out on discord, check out PeakOfSerenity. Bunch of good players lurking in the windwalker channel. If you have questions in french, I'm available ingame (allthough I haven't logged in for weeks.)

Bonjour bonjour,
    gear looks fine all around.
    First of all, big thanks for the answer, I watched logs myself again & indeed I'm making a lot of misplay

Checking the basics in your iron reaver kill:
    -5 fists of fury in first 2 minutes is good, keep it up. 4th fist of fury is canceled early? Careful with that. You can replace your basic spells like rising sun kick with
    /cast [nochanneling] Rising sun kick for instance, to allow you to spam those spells during FoF without risking to cancel it. Canceling FoF puts you at risk of missing on SDI procs on last tick!
    Thanks for the trick, I didn't know I could do that..

-Tiger Power down for first 15 seconds (?!); after that it was good, but really you have no excuse to miss out on those +12% damage for all of your ring.
    For some reason, I keep using Jab even if I start with 5+ Chi, it's like a reflex, it's bad I know...

-7 out of 16 rising sun kicks in first 2 minutes? Thats hella low!
    I miss a lot, I miss too much indeed

Serenity opener:
    -Apparently you started off without chi? Your first actions are RSK=>CB*2=>Teb+FoF? SPAM expel harm prepull to start fights at 3-5 chi
    -No tiger palm in a serenity opener is blasphemy;
    -Do something like RSK->TP->BoK->Chibrew*2+TeB+Fists of Fury, that's a pretty good opener
    -You use SEF on a volatile bomb; it lasted close to 5 seconds so I guess thats fine
    -Really make sure you get a good opener; ring enhances that a thousand times so if you wanna feel strong, you better get used to that.
    - Damn, I usually start at max chi.
    - Yep, like I said for unknown reason I don't use it at pull
    - Will do that from now
    - I'll work on my opener for sure

looked a bit at hellfire high council:
    -You juggle A LOT with SEF. Why is that? Is it for your guild's strategy that you need to cancel SEF/reapply it several times?
    -You start the fight 5 seconds in. It cannot be allowed that you take this long to set up SEF. Conjugate, one of the very best mechanical windwalkers out there, who we all trust with everything, doesn't use SEF on dia in his first TEB rotation because she's slow to come down, then casts SEF with an @mouseover macro from is raid UI. This goes a long way in saying that this IS an actual concern, and that you should worry about it, but wasting 5 seconds running is NOT the solution.
    -You use mirror of the blademaster 15 seconds in, completely missing out on ring. That kind of stuff is baseline too and you have to fix it for yourself before asking for advice, you're smart enough to see why delaying first mirror till after ring is gonna mean you'll miss out on each ring cast with it.
    -Overall, your mirrors of the blademaster are extremely delayed. That's very bad since not only does it mean they don't line up with ring, but also you miss out on some casts. If you're unconfortable with it, either make a weakaura big enough for it, or use malicious censer or something else instead.
    - Hmm yeah, when Blademaster goes in image mode, I just drop SEF on Images, focus on Dia then, I've to drop my SEF again on Dia when Blademaster is going back to normal
    - I'm always afraid that my SEF pull bosses, I'm using a mouseover macro on SEF already so I'll work on managing my SEF
    - I'm having issue with MotBM, just got a WA about it so I won't be missing it again

I think there are many things you are probably aware of not doing 100% right. All you need to know is on walkingthewind.com when in doubt; make sure you fix all of those and you'll be fine. Windwalker is in a good spot!

Good luck with gorefiend, that's a harsh fight for us WWs, but some things allow us to be decent at it.

EDIT: if you do hang out on discord, check out PeakOfSerenity. Bunch of good players lurking in the windwalker channel. If you have questions in french, I'm available ingame (allthough I haven't logged in for weeks.)
    Merci encore, indeed I fail a lot, but I'll be better, I rfeally want to improve, I'll follow all advices you gave me.
    Last edited by upliftin; 2016-06-17 at 12:35 PM.

Windwalker:

Won't let me post logs, can I PM it to someone?

I pulled 58k on H Gorefiend even though my Skada said that I did 71k. My character is Kurosawa on Black Dragonflight.

My Skada said I had 70k on that Gorefiend pull but WoL is saying 58k.. I feel like I should be doing way more. I do not have class trinket nor do I have blademaster.

Should I be using more chi burst even though it has a cast time? With 10 stack tiger? More expel harm?

Quote Originally Posted by InterstellarOwl View Post
    Windwalker:

I pulled 58k on H Gorefiend even though my Skada said that I did 71k. My character is Kurosawa on Black Dragonflight.

My Skada said I had 70k on that Gorefiend pull but WoL is saying 58k.. I feel like I should be doing way more. I do not have class trinket nor do I have blademaster.

Should I be using more chi burst even though it has a cast time? With 10 stack tiger? More expel harm?
    Hi,

Don't put http in your link & you'll be fine

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Windwalker:

It looks like youd benefit from some of the answers on my site, WalkingTheWind. Link is in my signature. There is also a guide on how to analyze your own lots as a WW.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Checking out that link.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Kurosawa/simple is my character.

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/14601993/latest/ are some logs.. I don't know why Skada is reporting higher DPS than WoL?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Checking out that link.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Kurosawa/simple is my character.

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/14601993/latest/ are some logs.. I don't know why Skada is reporting higher DPS than WoL?
    Skada and WCL report similar data but skada is limited in how it tracks things. Most of the time they will be similar, but they can be very different for a number of factors. It's why people ask for WCL and not Skada pictures.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Checking out that link.

You must be using an old version of Skada that doesn't subtract the spirit shift, because when I add that to your damage it's exactly 70974 dps.

Skada was updated about 1 week into HFC so your version is probably not up to date.

Then the ToD on the 2nd gorebound spirit, Skada will include the 225k overkill, which adds 500dps.
    Last edited by mmoc67ef9e0fcd; 2016-06-24 at 08:29 AM.

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, but I am looking for some help with my Brewmaster... specifically on Legion beta.
    I wanted to try Endless Tank with her to get a feel for the spec... but I am having trouble reaching Endless 10 and it's kind of bugging me.
    Am I doing things wrong rotationally? Is my gear just shit for this kind of thing right now?

Armory: Since I am talking about beta: 706 ilvl leveling gear /w Fu'Zan almost completely unpowered bar 2 points in Potent Kick.

Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/monk/brewmaster/MINM
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): No, a video: https://www.twitch.tv/azretha/v/82666512

Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone! I am looking to improve for raids. We are currently 2/7 Heroic 7/7 Normal

Armory: us(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Wordsearchh/simple

Spec: Mistweaver

Logs: warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/n1tT2pwKhRxz94Qc

Anything you guys can point out is appreciated. I am here to learn so if there are major mistakes please let me know. Also I seem to be running out of mana fairly quickly. Maybe I am just not pacing the fight with essence font? Thanks all!

Can't post links!

Could some one go over the monk (me)s healing for

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=healing

It honestly feels like im using to much mana. Or rather im forced to use to much mana to keep up my raid.
    In short. The boss may have died. But it feels like im taking the heal aprouch totaly wrong

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ibith/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=11&source=16

Need some help with our MW. She was doing worse than this earlier in the week, but I gave her some basic information that I picked up from this forum/Icy Veins, but I don't know what else she can do better because I don't know really anything major about MW monk.

Armory: us,battle,net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/N%C3%A9d/advanced (had to use commas so I could post link).
    Spec: WindWalker
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): www,warcraftlogs,com/reports/qTHpkAg17J4dzYwj#fight=13&type=summary&source=30

Now I have already used Baby's serenity quick guide, and spent a few hours on dummies practicing the new rotation. But I am wondering if there is any other advice people can give? Traditionally I've never parsed this low, so I'm a tad worried about my raid spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ibith/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=11&source=16

Need some help with our MW. She was doing worse than this earlier in the week, but I gave her some basic information that I picked up from this forum/Icy Veins, but I don't know what else she can do better because I don't know really anything major about MW monk.
    She needs to cast Renewing mist more often (she casted only 31 when she could get almost 60 casts)
    She needs to stop spamming vivify and use more envelopping mist on tanks or any target needing ST healing
    She needs to bind Essence font and use it when raid damage. (zero use)
    She needs to bind Chi burst and use it (zero use)
    She needs to use arcane torrent more
    She needs to use mana pots (chanelled or "classic)

That's a lot of the basics of MW actually, you should link her IV or Wowhead guides she should have a use of them.