Thread: 3ds or Vita?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I hate to break it to you but every single 3ds game you listed outside of the nintendo big 3(pokemon, zelda, mario) are NICHE games.

Keep telling yourself Bravely Default, Fire Emblem, Phoenix Wright and SMTIV are main broad reaching games though...

Also please keep listing Pokemon same gen games as different entities, it really props up your list to the people who know no better
    It's cute how you think that a game like Bravely Default is a niche game when it is a traditional old school style RPG, and Fire Emblem is one of the biggest cult games ever made with a fairly sizeable fan base. And how is a game that sells millions like Monster Hunter a niche title?

3DS of course, just a better library and supposidly the New 3DS comes out next month
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me the answer is pretty obvious. 3DS without a doubt. I'm not saying this because I'm a fan of Nintendo it's just a better buy. In terms of games the 3DS blows Vita out of the water. My two brothers have a Vita and they both say that there's hardly any games for it so they hardly ever play it. The 3DS has a plethora of games compared to Vita so if you're wanting to spend a couple hundred dollars on a handheld system go with the 3DS, the NEW 3DS too since it's been announced for Feb. 13. It'll probably be a huge waste of money if you get the Vita. There might be that one game you want but is it really worth spending that much money for one or maybe three handheld games?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2015-01-14 at 04:09 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you like Nintendo games? 3DS

Do you like other games that look like pure shit on a small screen that you could otherwise get on a PS4, PC, or Xbox1 and play it on your TV/computer? Vita.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you have a ps4 i would get a vita just for remote play alone.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo 3DS. Because... The games. Are better imo.

Deleted
    new 3ds xl - feb 13th.

only down side is the limited editions all look a bit naff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's cute how you think that a game like Bravely Default is a niche game when it is a traditional old school style RPG, and Fire Emblem is one of the biggest cult games ever made with a fairly sizeable fan base. And how is a game that sells millions like Monster Hunter a niche title?
    Bravely Default- 500k copies sold in the west
    Monster Hunter 3- 600k copies sold in the west

If we're talking Japan sales then I hate to break it to you, but a good chunk of those Vita games are not niche by Japanese standards. If those games aren't niche in the west then idk what your definition of niche is.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was a multiplatform game and also on the Wii U, it kinda detracts from the point that it isn't a niche games. Niche games do well in Japan mainly and Bravely Default did almost as well in NA as it did in Japan.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/63395/b...-flying-fairy/

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bravely Default did almost as well in NA as it did in Japan.
    Yes because 390k copies sold to a market with the population of 351 million is almost as well as half a million sold to a market with the population of 127 million.

Bravely Default had massive adds in Tokyo, was marketed all over the place, in north america you wouldn't even know the game exists unless you're fan of JRPGs. That makes it niche.

Niche is relative to the market you're in, there is plenty of main stream shit in Japan that would be very niche in the west. You think Youkai Watch is going to out sell pokemon in the west? It won't even come close, yet Youkai Watch 2 is the fastest selling game in Japan right now and destroying pretty much everything. That's not going to make it any less of a niche game in the west.

I'm a bigger fan of the Vita but I'm more likely to recommend the 3DS to someone. The 3DS has more titles that general gamers will find appealing in addition to the classic Nintendo anchor franchises.

The Vita has much better technical specifications and a beautiful screen display for a handheld. Its library leaves a lot to be desired for the average gamer. However, I love the system because I buy into niche Japanese games. Anybody with more diverse tastes would probably be disappointed. It does have a nice library of PS1 and PSP classics to download at a fairly reasonable price though if you like that. I did pick up Chrono Trigger on sale for 5$ yesterday which isn't too bad.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yes because 390k copies sold to a market with the population of 351 million is almost as well as half a million sold to a market with the population of 127 million.

Bravely Default had massive adds in Tokyo, was marketed all over the place, in north america you wouldn't even know the game exists unless you're fan of JRPGs. That makes it niche.

Niche is relative to the market you're in, there is plenty of main stream shit in Japan that would be very niche in the west. You think Youkai Watch is going to out sell pokemon in the west? It won't even come close, yet Youkai Watch 2 is the fastest selling game in Japan right now and destroying pretty much everything. That's not going to make it any less of a niche game in the west.
    Marketing for a lot of games sucks hard in the west. RPGs never get the massive hype wagon because companies like Square have kept fucking with them and making mediocre or bad games. Bravely Default also suffered from printing quantity problems at release in NA due to a lack of demand at the presale level. The fact is that most games in the genre are niche and I would expect new franchises to be below average for sales despite being amazing.

Gameing platform, 3DS wins hands down. Unless there are specific games you're looking at for VITA, there aren't really many games that make it worth getting. 3DS has much more in terms of must-buy games for the system.

Multimedia-wise, you can play movies and music and browse the internet on both, but really it's nothing your basic smartphone can't do.