Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfar View Post
    What really grinds my gears is that as a fire mage you can (sorta, currently) swap from fire to arcane and vice versa. But as a frost with multistrike you're fucked, getting two sets if you want to swap at any point -.-
    That's another reason why I wonder what I might go for - aside from the fact that I ahve NO clue as to the "rotation" or priority (or let's say I would need to read up tons once more just to be viable on a specc I did not touch in years).

I'd love to stay frost if Blizzard would simply keep the balance between speccs (they did an awesome job toward the end of SoO on hunters - at least on Hardmode)
    If you play fire optimally you can't swap either really, you still want to have a high dosis of crit.

Even though some play mastery, mastery is useless with low crit %.

-

About fire nerfs, I don't see them nerfing much, they might adjust things, but really nerf it, I doubt it.

Reasoning why they nerfed in the past was due to the high peaks you could get from snapshotting.

With that removed, fire damage will be more in line than before, thus not needing anything else but small adjustments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changing specs for competetive PvE costs around 20k+ plus now, so I'll be just sticking with arcane as fire will be nerfed in or around BRF.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Changing specs for competetive PvE costs around 20k+ plus now, so I'll be just sticking with arcane as fire will be nerfed in or around BRF.
    Isn't that what gold is for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoinky View Post
    Isn't that what gold is for?
    I guess.

It's still a waste of gold imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess.

It's still a waste of gold imo.
    Guess I'll stick with frost until I see a huge difference - by that time my fellow mage should be fully equipped anyways and I can pick up the gear for fire easily
    Sounds good, no? And no money wasted on gear.

Deleted
    Errr.... *plays Arcane*, *says fire is op* in brf*

Will be playing fire on cleave, arcane if I can get away with it and then Will decide on fire v frost for high movement single target.

From the feel of it Blizzard will keep tweaking classes, hopefully they can keep it in a situation where if you are not in cutting edge progression then you don't have to play one spec.

Deleted
    Blackround Foundry go arcane and change to Fire for cleave fights (there are a few). You can do that without changing gems/enchants more or less ok, you can't do it as frost (and frost is dumb spec imho, so personally really happy with the current state).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seijulala View Post
    Blackround Foundry go arcane and change to Fire for cleave fights (there are a few). You can do that without changing gems/enchants more or less ok, you can't do it as frost (and frost is dumb spec imho, so personally really happy with the current state).
    Don't think arcane will fare too well in brf, most fights you should use it on, have far too much movement requirements.

Even though I'm playing fire/arcane in brf myself lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Don't think arcane will fare too well in brf, most fights you should use it on, have far too much movement requirements.

Thanks to not being tied on RoP like in MoP arcane only loses a bit of damage using Incanters Flow

Fire all day everyday
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post

Although it's not "most fights" Hans'gar/Franzok will be... Interesting... To attempt as arcane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrals View Post
    Although it's not "most fights" Hans'gar/Franzok will be... Interesting... To attempt as arcane
    Probably wanna go fire there regardless because of the dot cleave (at the start at least and at the end i think??).

Can't wait for Choo Choo, Stampede, iron maiden, furnace bosses gonna be a fun as fire.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2015-01-14 at 04:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this figure from? The 4-5 enchants that you must switch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What is this figure from? The 4-5 enchants that you must switch?
    Enchants and probably counting at least a gem or two in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Enchants and probably counting at least a gem or two in there as well.

Well, you can buy another ring from the Khadgar's vendor to put a different enchant on, and by the time BRF is live hopefully you've been able to get some backup gear pieces from bonus rolls and "offspec" gear that would have otherwise been sharded, or even heroic pieces from alt runs on offnights, that you can keep a set of the 4-5 pieces you need with alternate gems and enchants to switch specs when necessary.
    Last edited by Ham on Rye; 2015-01-14 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairesha View Post
    Traditionally, Fire overcomes all other speccs with later content added by Blizzard thanks to the insane crit values. Would you say that this will happen with the upcoming sets, their boni and stats all included?

I love Frost, but I'd be willing to learn fire if the difference is as critical (no pun intended) as back in all the other days.
    Don't worry, as soon as Fire will overperform other specs Blizzard will instantly nerf it.