Deleted

Help Our Shaman (Elemental)

Hey guys,

We recruited a new elemental shaman and took him into our heroic farm raid to test him out. I took a quick look at the logs after raids and saw that on a fight like butcher without padding there were shamans with similar gear pulling higher numbers. I was wondering if there were things beyond the lining up proccs with pot better, such as his opener for example?

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=-2&source=34

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Hexar/advanced

Cheers,
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    Hey guys,

We recruited a new elemental shaman and took him into our heroic farm raid to test him out. I took a quick look at the logs after raids and saw that on a fight like butcher without padding there were shamans with similar gear pulling higher numbers. I was wondering if there were things beyond the lining up proccs with pot better, such as his opener for example?

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=-2&source=34

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Hexar/advanced

Cheers,
    Max
    There's only one other DPS shaman in there that is beating him on butcher. The other shaman happens to be enhance, 20 item levels higher, and barely beating the the shaman you want to help.

How do you pad on butcher? What other shaman, with comparable gear, are you seeing? Perhaps you linked the wrong logs, or maybe I'm just blind.

I'm not the best( far from it) at looking at logs, but it doesn't seem that he's doing much wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Looking at the Butcher kill.

-Wasted 3 GCD's on Healing Steam Totem. It's fucking garbage for elemental.
    -Looks like he had room for one more Unleash Fury
    -He's stuck with a crappy weapon. Getting one of the 670 staffs will be a noticeable DPS boost.

Other than that, his class mechanics look pretty good.

Deleted
    so he had 4 gcd wasted? roughly? better player than i am

Deleted
    I appreciate all of the help from you guys and i'll take it all into consideration when I speak to him He's a new recruit and therefore his gear is quite low as we accepted him seeing potential for a good player and it's good to see that the things that could be fixed are easily manageable. Hopefully he will acquire some gear in the coming days.

Aye moved to bladefist due to horrible queues at launch on ragnaros XD

Again, cheers for the help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    There's only one other DPS shaman in there that is beating him on butcher. The other shaman happens to be enhance, 20 item levels higher, and barely beating the the shaman you want to help.

How do you pad on butcher? What other shaman, with comparable gear, are you seeing? Perhaps you linked the wrong logs, or maybe I'm just blind.

I'm not the best( far from it) at looking at logs, but it doesn't seem that he's doing much wrong.
    Can't answer the OPs question as I barely know ele sham (am here trying to find any tips to up my ele shams dps a bit xD) but thought I'd help out a bit here since you seem to have possibly misread or misunderstood.
    I took a quick look at the logs after raids and saw that on a fight like butcher without padding
    Here he's saying he's linking a butcher log as it has no padding, not that you can pad on butcher.
    there were shamans with similar gear pulling higher numbers.
    Here, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he is talking about finding other logs with raids that had ele shaman at a similar gear level to his guilds ele shaman that were pulling higher numbers, not that he has other ele sham with similar gear in his own raid. He didn't link the logs he's referring too here, he's just stating this is why he thinks his guilds ele sham can improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    -snip-
    If he said you can't pad on butcher, he shouldn't ever say "without padding on butcher". If you can pad on butcher, I asked for an explanation how to pad on the fight. It's like saying "I looked at logs of people that weren't playing on pluto". You can't play on pluto, thus it's an irrelevant statement that shouldn't be mentioned.

I did misread his post about the comparing other shaman. Not like that matters, though. Comparing players is a waste of time. I can see how he can use that as a way to see where he can potentially be placed in rankings. But, he'd be in the wrong for doing so. There are just so many different variables in each of the parses. It's best to learn how interpret a parse than look at the DPS values on multiple parses and think someone is doing something wrong.

Thanks Hames for going in depth. Something I can't do at the moment, sadly. Still learning the layout and stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hames View Post
    The reason for not using Earth Shock during is because the potential damage of lightning shield stacks do not outweigh one Lava Burst.
    This is bogus. Fulmination does about 25% more damage than a Lava Burst, and of course can crit for even more damage. With Bloodlust and Shards/EM, it's possible to gain upwards of 40 charges during a single Ascendance. Ignoring Earth Shock is just throwing away a ton of damage.