Deleted

6.0.3 Ret Paladin Discussion in a 24 Minute Youtube Video

I've spent about 5-6 hours creating this video, where the majority of content is attributed to the forums here at MMO champion, specifically Solsacra's 6.0 Retribution discussion thread. If you know anything about Ret, please take a look and let me know if there's anything I've missed or if on the off-chance I've gotten something wrong, or you think something could be improved. It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again

- Jorj

Deleted
    Rly nice Help for some Ret Paladins

Deleted
    Thank you mate, love the support.

I loved the video. Very well done and in depth but not too complicated explanation of ret paladin gameplay.

I do see one glaring issue for me - the aoe rotation. Assuming you are using FV you will ALWAYS weave VF/DS instead of switching to full DS when at 3+ targets. I can see the confusion from the front page of the ret theorycraft thread:

Cleave and AoE
    Final Verdict AoE

While using the Final Verdict Talent, once two or more targets are present, you will alternate finishers between Final Verdict & Divine Storm. Take note of the availability of the Final Verdict buff before using Divine Storm.

General AoE

When two targets are present, EDS’s priority shifts significantly. You will now want to consume the buff as if it's placement were that of the Final Verdict rotation.
    Once three Targets are present Templar’s Verdict is simply substituted for Divine Storm.
    Once four targets are present, Crusader Strike is substituted for Hammer of the Righteous
    But the substitution of pure DS for weaving is if you are not using FV talent (called here the general case).

The reason for always weaving is simple. For every two finishers you can cast DS twice, for 2 DS worth of damage. If you weave you still get 2 DS damage (from the FV buff), but also an additional FV damage on the target used. A possible exception to this would be if adds about to die and you want to snipe damage with unbuffed DS first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorj View Post
    I've spent about 5-6 hours creating this video, where the majority of content is attributed to the forums here at MMO champion, specifically Solsacra's 6.0 Retribution discussion thread. If you know anything about Ret, please take a look and let me know if there's anything I've missed or if on the off-chance I've gotten something wrong, or you think something could be improved. It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again

- Jorj
    I can't wait to get home from work and watch the video. I'll be sure to provide some feedback!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meldetia View Post
    I loved the video. Very well done and in depth but not too complicated explanation of ret paladin gameplay.

I do see one glaring issue for me - the aoe rotation. Assuming you are using FV you will ALWAYS weave VF/DS instead of switching to full DS when at 3+ targets. I can see the confusion from the front page of the ret theorycraft thread:

But the substitution of pure DS for weaving is if you are not using FV talent (called here the general case).

The reason for always weaving is simple. For every two finishers you can cast DS twice, for 2 DS worth of damage. If you weave you still get 2 DS damage (from the FV buff), but also an additional FV damage on the target used. A possible exception to this would be if adds about to die and you want to snipe damage with unbuffed DS first.
    Aha I didn't know that actually, is there a number of targets where weaving becomes counterproductive? Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorj View Post
    Aha I didn't know that actually, is there a number of targets where weaving becomes counterproductive? Thanks for the support!
    It's not really about number of targets. The more targets there are, the less benefit weaving offers, but it's always still a benefit. Because FV doubles the next DS' damage, then if you do an even number of finishers against a fixed number of targets, you'll do the same DS damage as general AoE, plus extra FV damage. The trouble is that once stuff starts dying, you may regret the FV. If you FV one of four targets, for example, and then three of them die before you can cast another finisher, you'll do less damage than if you'd just DSed the four of them without the FV buff.

Deleted
    There was some confusion because non weaving was simming higher dps then weaving on aoe pulls but that was due to a simcraft bug.

You should always weave at 2 or more targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CompaUK View Post
    There was some confusion because non weaving was simming higher dps then weaving on aoe pulls but that was due to a simcraft bug.

You should always weave at 2 or more targets.
    Aha, thanks for the heads up. I'll put in an annotation tomorrow.

Deleted
    Hmm so what you mean is that just DS without FV is a benefit when there is a lot of mobs or im just not understanding
    Cause im never using DS with out the FV buff up..

Great video, but your rotation string seems to be telling me to cast divine purpose procs on <3hp pretty often, I though you were supposed to always pool some holypower with crusader strike etc. before casting divine purpose procs, so that you never or very rarely have "downtime" in the rotation? Would you also be so kind and post the names of all the addons displayed in your UI? The list in your video seems to be incomplete. Especially interested in the slick background squares and the addon tracking mark of bleeding hollow/tectus trinket procs.

Cheers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Naits123 View Post
    Great video, but your rotation string seems to be telling me to cast divine purpose procs on <3hp pretty often, I though you were supposed to always pool some holypower with crusader strike etc. before casting divine purpose procs, so that you never or very rarely have "downtime" in the rotation? Would you also be so kind and post the names of all the addons displayed in your UI? The list in your video seems to be incomplete. Especially interested in the slick background squares and the addon tracking mark of bleeding hollow/tectus trinket procs.

Cheers mate!
    Ye. The main problem with clcret is the timing clash (which can be configured somewhat), where it'll tell you to use exo even when crusader strike is like 0.2s from being off CD etc. If you have a good weakaura set to show generators' being ready; GCD; CD (overlapping each over) and conditional ones to show the use of divine storm when you have 5HP, FV and DC buffs, you should be ok. Those are just some of the stuff you can do.

Deleted
    bumping for further discussion, thanks for the input so far

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Incandescence View Post
    Ye. The main problem with clcret is the timing clash (which can be configured somewhat), where it'll tell you to use exo even when crusader strike is like 0.2s from being off CD etc. If you have a good weakaura set to show generators' being ready; GCD; CD (overlapping each over) and conditional ones to show the use of divine storm when you have 5HP, FV and DC buffs, you should be ok. Those are just some of the stuff you can do.
    I've honestly seen no issue with timing clash on CLCret, even using the default clash settings. It's very easy to use your own judgement to determine if you should hold the suggested ability for quarter of a second or not. That sort of thing comes with practice anyway.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you so much man. You have no idea how much this has helped me.
    I've seen an increase in my DPS of at least 4k.
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you...........

How do you get the FV buff to show up next to your clcret?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpyre View Post
    interesting +1

Quote Originally Posted by Kiros View Post
    interesting +1
    Probably he's using CLCRet's own aura button display (you can configure it on the aura button and aura layout options of the addon). I do consider that method a bit obsolete with the existence of WeakAuras which can do exactly the same but more customized.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyre View Post
    He's most likely using Weakauras or TellMeWhen to display the buff there, both are really helpful addons you should check out if you don't use them already

Will the be a new video with changes for 6.1? First video was extremely helpful.