Blood Tap macro question, plz help

Is it useful to macro blood tap to death coil these days? I know that in MoP, some dks found it useful to macro blood tap to runestrike, can the same macro for death coil still be useful?

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that i'm asking this from a blood spec perspective

You have 2 options for your macroing BT, you can either macro it to DC exactly like how you macroed it to RS or you can macro it to every rune spender you have. Personally I prefer the latter.

Now prepare to be told you shouldn't macro BT at all from the next set of posters.

Yes, it works fine. As Blood spec:

- Manual BT allows for control, banking resources for when you need them.
    - Macroed BT offers more consistent resource generation than RE or RC, as it isn't reliant on the RNG.
    - RC keeps runes paired. I personally prefer how it feels.
    - RE offers slightly more Death Strikes over time, but that isn't super valuable. RE is fine to use too, but I wouldn't use it myself.

Ok, lol, and Thank you !

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    You have 2 options for your macroing BT, you can either macro it to DC exactly like how you macroed it to RS or you can macro it to every rune spender you have. Personally I prefer the latter.

Now prepare to be told you shouldn't macro BT at all from the next set of posters.
    This really. BT all depends on how you use it. I have found that I can micro-manage BT while macro'd easier than I can without it macro'd (not enough RP to use an RP spender, but enough BT charges to BT). Test it out and see how it feels.

I know it sounds trivial. but what about from a dps stand point as blood. anyone know how the three talent compare dps-wise? overlooking survivability/healing.

For DPS, all 3 talents should be used passively (ie, macro BT) and all offer essentially identical performance.

This applies to frost and unholy also, with the caveat that macroed BT is slightly better for Unholy as it can mask orphan frost runes when transitioning to/from AE.

Awesome, thanks for the info guys, i really appreciate it. Im going to experiment with macroing BT to DC and DS. I like the feel of runic corruption, however i dont like feeling rune-starved occasionally. Hopefully BT will solve this so called down time im experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post

like me? lol

i'm not gunna flat out say you shouldn't because you can play how you want. however there is definitely a lot of value in not macroing it. it is very useful to be able to pool charges for an on demand death strike. back in MoP there was literally no value in timing death strikes so having it macroed was much more viable. nowadays I feel like timing is a little more important so not having it macroed is how I prefer to play.

my recommendation...try it out and see if you like how it feels. if you don't then just go back to not macroing it. if you do decide to macro it I don't get why people macro it to a spender. it makes more sense to me to macro it to DC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

A very valid point. I'm gonna play around with all the options and see what feels best. Thanks fellas

Actually, high-end progression Blood tanks are saying that survivability simply doesn't matter in the current raid game, and they instead focus on maximizing DPS. Tank death is less of a concern today than ever in the past. So manually managing Blood Tap for a clutch wipe-saving Death Strike should be less attractive today than in MoP.

Of course your personal preferences matter a great deal, particularly with the rune regen talent tier where it doesn't make a huge performance difference which one you pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessthanzer0 View Post
    like me? lol
    In fairness man you at least managed to explain the value of manual BT without sounding like a dick, you even managed to say "try it out and see if you like how it feels." like a human being trying to give decent advice rather than a dick trying to win a round of Keyboard Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessthanzer0 View Post
    my recommendation...try it out and see if you like how it feels. if you don't then just go back to not macroing it. if you do decide to macro it I don't get why people macro it to a spender. it makes more sense to me to macro it to DC.
    Like me... ;-) I like it macro'd to SS. I spend an SS with a double tap and know that I have another ready to go - two for the price of one. I know there is a logical reason for attaching it to DC but no idea what that is.
    Last edited by Lougarou; 2015-02-19 at 01:01 PM.

I thought macro'ing BT to any Rune ability would reset white damage swing, if no enough blood charges to activate BT.

At least it seems like it when i tried to macro it to OB a few months back, it would stop the animations completely.

No, it doesn't. It does mess up animations, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    I thought macro'ing BT to any Rune ability would reset white damage swing, if no enough blood charges to activate BT.

At least it seems like it when i tried to macro it to OB a few months back, it would stop the animations completely.
    You may look as if you are having a seizure but you will be swinging all the same. The reason for macroing BT to rune spenders rather than RP spenders was so that you could abuse AMS and build charges when AMSing. In WoD AMS is no longer a core part of our rotation so just go with whichever macro you like the idea of, if you like to see your char swinging then avoiding the seizure inducing rune spender method is probably the way to go.

anyone remember the macro command that suppress the error message when you don't have enough stacks to blood tap?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No, it doesn't. It does mess up animations, though.
    thx for clarifying :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    anyone remember the macro command that suppress the error message when you don't have enough stacks to blood tap?
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

or you can download - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...39-6.0.45.html

I use macro toolkit myself. Great addon, does all sorts of things to help with macros, and it includes a shortcut slash command "/mtce" that clears errors.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/macro-toolkit