Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    anyone bothered to figure out how much of an overall % buff those two are? Obviously it depends on your gear but are we speaking of 2% or 5%?
    The overall percentage damage increase of the two changes to haste and mastery vary depending on your levels of those stats. It's not possible to say how much you will benefit without inputting your specific values. I tinkered with WrathCalcs, and with 500 haste it's ~0.5% increase, and with 10,000 haste it's ~3%. As we're really only dealing with ~1,000 haste, it's safe to say it's around a 0.5% increase.

Mastery is a bit different. If we read the change as a 1/15 increase to the base amount of mastery and any other application thereof, then the damage increase will be equal to 1/15*(average mastery amount) per spell, attributable to mastery. We can get this average mastery amount from WrathCalcs (on the rotation tab, under True mean bonus) as ~83.1%. Therefore, average mastery amount will increase to 16/15*83.1% = 88.64%. This means that, since your full mastery amount fluctuates with time, on average you will get 88.64% of the maximum value displayed in your character sheet fully buffed.

As an example, say you have 100% mastery fully buffed in your character sheet. Average mastery amount is 83.1% like before, so you expect that your spells on average to deal 100%*83.1% = 83.1% additional damage. With the change, you will deal 83.1%*16/15 = 88.64% additional damage with each spell. Percent change is then (1.8864-1.831)/1.831 = ~3% increase. However, using the same analysis but with only 50% mastery, you will only see ~2% increase. Thus, again, it entirely depends on your current mastery level. I'd say mastery levels are somewhere in the middle currently (~75% fully buffed), so this looks to be roughly a 2.5% gain.

TL;DR: it's probably around a 3% increase across the board.

Can anyone whose a little more savey with math or sims show the difference between Tauren and Troll with the haste change?

I know its still gonna be... minor, but id like to know if possible -thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tykus View Post
    Can anyone whose a little more savey with math or sims show the difference between Tauren and Troll with the haste change?

I know its still gonna be... minor, but id like to know if possible -thanks
    Berserking isn't affected by this change, only haste from gear.

not sure why we needed a buff tbh when we were already at the top of the food chain lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    not sure why we needed a buff tbh when we were already at the top of the food chain lol
    could be related to BRF maybe?

For 250s long fight: crit = mastery = haste for me whilst on at 450s long fight crit pulls out ahead.
    Seems like the haste buff has put haste in line with both crit and mastery and you'll want to enchant/gem gear to keep a solid ratio on all 3 stats.

Also I don't think balance were at the top of the food chain at all. We were definitely strong for most fights in highmaul due to starfall being strong for multitarget fights but our single target was definitely lacking compared to some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hortzert View Post
    For 250s long fight: crit = mastery = haste for me whilst on at 450s long fight crit pulls out ahead.
    Seems like the haste buff has put haste in line with both crit and mastery and you'll want to enchant/gem gear to keep a solid ratio on all 3 stats.

Also I don't think balance were at the top of the food chain at all. We were definitely strong for most fights in highmaul due to starfall being strong for multitarget fights but our single target was definitely lacking compared to some classes.
    the problem is this didn't address our single target alone instead it was a buff that buffed our aoe too... I could see us getting our aoe nerfed at the level we are at. Especially once we get the 2 set which is a like 2400 dps increase single target so then we are top 5 single target and top 2-3 aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    the problem is this didn't address our single target alone instead it was a buff that buffed our aoe too... I could see us getting our aoe nerfed at the level we are at. Especially once we get the 2 set which is a like 2400 dps increase single target so then we are top 5 single target and top 2-3 aoe.
    Don't see why our single target needs buffs? I'm hovering near the top on our mythic butcher kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Don't see why our single target needs buffs? I'm hovering near the top on our mythic butcher kills.
    two possibility you are lucky or your mate have issue. Ret/mage/sham/rogue are really better than us on single target fight :/ if you're lucky with crit you can top but that's all. We need more crit on stuff, for now I am really thinking to enchant crit on all my stuff

Deleted
    If you crit on both CA on mythic Butcher ofc you can top..., moonkin cds are very important to overall dps, top logs from moonkins have 35%+ crit on starfire, my best log had 24%. When I m above 23% crit and Darkmoon trinket.

Mythic Butcher is also perfect for moonkins - 4 minutes. Demo lock and 2 mage's specs are up on moonkin by a lot in constant dps. So who is behind us? Shadow Priest and Elemental Shaman from ranged. I don't see any problem with buffs but they needed to throw 5% to Sp and Ele so they are closer to Warlocks and Mage.

Moonkin has 0 raid cds or really strong defensive cds for the raid, dmg is all we got.
    Last edited by mmocb16d6382de; 2015-01-15 at 08:17 AM.