Question Any easy fix to get ResourcesOnTop working in WoD?

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/resourcesontop Was such a great addon, but no longer works since WoD This is the error that you get:

Code:
    Date: 2015-01-12 23:52:54
    ID: 1
    Error occured in: Global
    Count: 1
    Message: ..\AddOns\ResourcesOnTop\ResourcesOnTop.lua line 23:
       attempt to index local 'Frame' (a nil value)
    Debug:
       ResourcesOnTop\ResourcesOnTop.lua:23:
          ResourcesOnTop\ResourcesOnTop.lua:22
       ResourcesOnTop\ResourcesOnTop.lua:59:
          ResourcesOnTop\ResourcesOnTop.lua:46
       (tail call): ?
    Locals:
    Frame = nil
    Offset = -16
    (*temporary) = <table> {
    }
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "attempt to index local 'Frame' (a nil value)"

Any addon wizards here that could think of an easy fix? I would love you forever! <3

Unfortunately the author of that addon chose "All Rights Reserved" for the license, so unless you get their agreement nobody can fix it and release the new version. (I mean, unless they choose not to enforce their right to have curse, etc, take down the modified version, which is unpredictable, and as long as curse don't notice and do it ahead of time to be safe.)

Sorry.

I mean, I'm not looking to repackage it up and release it as my own or anything. I'm just looking for a simple fix to the code (if it is just a simple fix) for my own personal use. I would be happy to use a replacement, but there doesn't seem to be any other addon that simply inverts the class resource bar and moves it to the top of the player frame like this one did. I don't want to use entirely new replacement bars or anything - I want the classic ui look without it looking dumb by just using something like moveanything and moving the bars un-flipped on top of the player frame. I tried messing with script commands in-game, but I couldn't figure out how to flip the textures and whatnot. I was only able to figure out how to move and scale it. If someone could point me in the right direction to a tutorial area talking about rotating/inverting/flipping textures and stuff, that would be great too.
    Last edited by Ickz; 2015-01-13 at 10:20 AM.

Yeah, I know that you are not looking to repackage it or whatever -- but literally those terms prevent anyone doing anything to that code other than using it as-is. You can't distribute it, nobody else (legally) can fix it, etc. Which sucks. (Again, legally: what happens in the real world is different, just like it is not legal to walk across the street on red, but you can get away with it ... most of the time...)

Anyway, I suggest you try and get in touch with the author, and ask if they will give permission for someone else to take over the addon if they are no longer interested. (...or just relicense it under the MIT license or something so that anyone can build off it.)

15+ Year Old Account
    The author has two other addons he is actively updating. You should try reaching out to him.

I'm not sure what MMO-champs policy is; but I don't think they have ever removed or condemned simple patches to broken addons, regardless of license. As others have said, try to contact the author first. If you can't reach them, or they are unwilling to update, send me a PM and I'll rewrite it for you (it's only 114 lines of code w/ comments and new lines).
    Last edited by Woogs; 2015-01-13 at 09:20 PM.

Yeah, I mean I've seen users paste fixes/patches in the comments sections of addons, so I really don't see what the big deal is.

10+ Year Old Account
    NugComboBar still works. Just use MoveAnything to hide the Blizz frame.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    Seems to work perfect. You are so awesome!