10+ Year Old Account

Simple Macro question regarding /cast and /say

Hey there, I'm quite the noob when it comes to Macros so I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand with the current problem.

Basically, for my major tanking cooldowns I have macros set up that firstly cast the ability then do a /say (Name of the ability) casted.

However, if I frantically press that macro more then a few times trying to get the CD up, then I end up spamming chat bos with my /say. It's even worse when I press the macro without looking when the ability is on Cooldown, yet it still does the /say. Thats basically doing the opposite of what I want it to do at that point.

So my question is; is there a way to set up the macro so the /say only occurs once its confirmed that the ability has infact been casted? Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    easiest way would be probably to use Raeli's Spell Announcer, which does exactly what you want

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rsa
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

In fact, RSA or some equivalent is the *only* way to get what you want -- you can do lua things in macros to, eg, test if the spell was on cooldown, but not that it actually worked. Just get RSA and be happy. (It works off the combat log event after the cast succeeds, which you can't do in a macro.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I just downloaded and tried out RSA and its perfect. Thanks a ton guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    You can even set Weak Auras to do that for you.

Note: Will post string when servers come back up

Quote Originally Posted by darkinspiration View Post
    You can even set Weak Auras to do that for you.

Note: Will post string when servers come back up
    Eh, it's just triggering off a successful cast, and setting a "show" action to say something. Should be pretty trivial to build if you want. RSA is going to be simpler though.