Deleted

Frost Haste Changes and How They Affect You...

Wanted to open up discussion on how the haste buff will affect the frost spec/ stats/ gameplay/ ideas on how to utilize it.

Deleted
    How will the haste buff effect me? Not a lot

How does the overall scheme of this hotfix effect me: Almost certainly swapping to Frost

Well, actually it will effect you, your enchants, and your gear priorities, assuming any of that matters to you.
    For my example I'll be using the askmrrobot 2h frost stat weights, I know those aren't set in stone or 100% optimal but they're pretty close in terms of generalization.
    Multi=2.65, Vers=2.6, Haste=2.55, Mastery=2.2, Crit=2.1
    Now with Frost DKs getting the increase from 5% to 20% haste, you take the (2.55x1.20)/1.05, and with haste getting a overall 11.11% increased effectiveness, multiply this value by 1.1111 to get a rough estimate of where this stat weighs in at. Before soft and hard caps and break points, I'm getting haste to be valued at 3.23 after the hotfix, making it effectively the best stat at the moment.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the ETA on the haste buff anyway? I'm not currently seeing it on live....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarenim View Post
    For my example I'll be using the askmrrobot 2h frost stat weights, I know those aren't set in stone or 100% optimal but they're pretty close in terms of generalization.
    [...]I'm getting haste to be valued at 3.23 after the hotfix, making it effectively the best stat at the moment.
    I'll sim my toon once simcraft is updated with the new values, but haste was already up there at the top for my lowly 650 ilvl.

I simmed with the new version of SimC and came up with haste just behind Multistrike for me at 660. It was Mult > Vers > Haste, now I sim as Mult > Haste > Vers.

Has the 11.1% buff to Haste been applied to Simcraft yet?

Can we get confirmation?
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2015-01-13 at 11:15 PM.

latest simcraft @ 674 ilvl has me at haste 3.74 > multi 2.59 > vers 2.29 > crit 1.89 > mastery 1.75

Deleted
    Since DWF is now GCD capped with the haste changes, am I correct to assume that you can now actually choose a tier 1 talent other than Plague Leech?