What does insanity clipping mean?

I was looking at a really old thread about Spriest DPS and it said you have to clip your insanity, what does that mean? Does clipping mean making sure you have both of your insanity's off before the DP ends?

Clipping means interrupting it for another cast, ie Mind Blast. Generally you want this to happen as soon as possible after Insanity has ticked for damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Clipping means interrupting it for another cast, ie Mind Blast. Generally you want this to happen as soon as possible after Insanity has ticked for damage.
    Oh ok! I knew how to do that I just didn't understand the lingo.

Probably because clipping doesn't exist with CoP which is what I'm currently using

Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    Oh ok! I knew how to do that I just didn't understand the lingo.

Probably because clipping doesn't exist with CoP which is what I'm currently using
    I believe when properly executed, you always clip the last tic of Insanity (for a Mind Blast) when doing dotweaving with CoP.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalowbie View Post
    I believe when properly executed, you always clip the last tic of Insanity (for a Mind Blast) when doing dotweaving with CoP.
    Ohh I didn't know that, thanks!