How long should I wait for Killing Machine Procs?

Ive been noticing a lot of my KM procs seem to be when my Obliterate is on CD (errr runes are down). What is a good way A. not to waste KM procs on Frost Strike and B. How long should I wait for runes to come back up before waiting on runes is a DPS loss?

Never delay attacks for Killing Machine.

No more than a second

10+ Year Old Account
    It's better to use it on a Obliterate, that is true, but only if you can use both Obliterate and Frost Strike. If you don't have enough runes you shouldn't delay it, just use it right away on FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    No more than a second
    This is wrong. Never delay attacks for Killing Machine.

@Bodum: Exactly!

On paper there are technically times you could wait for dps increase. key word, could, not should. In reality it's a no go situation, just ignore km and let it do its own thing.

That's the shortest explaination I can give that's wholly accurate.

Please please just accept that the reality of the situation is "don't wait". I know maths technically says something else, but it's a false lead, ignore the technical numbers, that way lies madness.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

I only play my DK casually, so I don't use a swing timer.. and I often find myself hitting FS at the exact moment that KM procs.

Even with a swing timer addon, you would only want to delay if your next swing is within a few tenths of a second.. otherwise it's a DPS loss, overall.

It would, yes. But you shouldn't use a swing timer either.