Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just a heads up about followers.

You can continue to gear up inactive followers without activating them I found out today, so in case anyone who had already gotten their followers to specific thresholds no need to chuck the extras. Considering there are a lot of situations where this could be useful, didn't want people wasting their stuff by vendoring it or not doing missions for them.

If his is already common knowledge and I am just super late, sorry.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2015-01-14 at 03:21 AM.

If you are in a situation where doing so would help you, and you don't even *try* to see if it works, then you may have brain damage.

There's certainly nothing wrong with spreading good information, but I can't imagine anyone with more than five neurons to rub together not figuring this out before throwing them away.

Quote Originally Posted by jakj View Post
    If you are in a situation where doing so would help you, and you don't even *try* to see if it works, then you may have brain damage.

There's certainly nothing wrong with spreading good information, but I can't imagine anyone with more than five neurons to rub together not figuring this out before throwing them away.
    Well in my case I was considering not doing missions where I got inferior sets (615 weapons and armor, but now I have a good reason to do them.

It took me till today to figure this out so I wouldn't fault anyone who hasn't tried it yet either.

10+ Year Old Account

Not all of us are as perfect as you... Maybe you should run for world leader seeing as you know everything there is to know
    therefore can stand up on that soapbox preaching to us normals how you know everything and so on and so on and so on

OT: I wasn't aware of this either. Yay for being able to empty out my bags bit now!
    Never even thought to click on the inactives, my 4 brain cells logic'd that if they are inactive
    they would be unable to receive gear upgrades.

+1 offtopic. Thanks.

And jakj, stop being so arrogant just because you are on the internet.

Yep, only realized a bit ago the only way you can't up their gear is if they're on a mission. Working or inactive is fine
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

You people need to experiment more. Press some buttons to see what they do instead of just assuming. You're missing out on a lot of the world.

You people need to experiment more. Press some buttons to see what they do instead of just assuming. You're missing out on a lot of the world.
    Yes, because not realizing one of the million things you can do in WoW means no one who posted in this thread ever experiments with anything.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I just found out today that I can't have more than 20 followers active at a time. Annoyed is an understatement. That along with the penalty and annoyance of re-activating one...

I don't understand the philosophy behind this. The whole mission thing is a side game that has little to no bearing on the larger game as a whole. Limiting me to 20 followers is akin to limiting me to only 20 pet battles daily.

OP, thanks for the tip though, when I do get to that point I will be sure to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yes, because not realizing one of the million things you can do in WoW means no one who posted in this thread ever experiments with anything.
    Pay no mind. Just another rocket scientist down on hard times, forced to scrounge on wow forums.

+1 I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I just found out today that I can't have more than 20 followers active at a time. Annoyed is an understatement. That along with the penalty and annoyance of re-activating one...

I don't understand the philosophy behind this. The whole mission thing is a side game that has little to no bearing on the larger game as a whole. Limiting me to 20 followers is akin to limiting me to only 20 pet battles daily.

OP, thanks for the tip though, when I do get to that point I will be sure to remember.
    Maybe think of it like the upkeep in Warcraft 3. Pleasure bot 8000 gotta eat

10+ Year Old Account

I can safely say I have brain damage then.

OT: Thanks for this, won't vendor all the upgrades anymore! (I actually have used upgrades on followers doing work orders, but hadn't even thought about using them on inactives.)
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

You get 25 with barracks level 3. And since there isn't really anything I would say more useful then the barracks it is definitely something worth going for.

And to you and everyone else: Glad I could help people out =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I didn't know you could do this! THanks for the tip, friend! :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    If his is already common knowledge and I am just super late, sorry.
    Well I sure didn't know about it and since most of my followers are 645 and I have around 10-15 inactive epic ones and tomorrow I'm opening 100x big chests at the salvage yard. I guess it'll be of nice use, great timing thanks !

Welp, now I know I have brain damage then. No need to consult a doctor I guess....so thanks to you too !

7+ Year Old Account
    Awesome tip, thanks for the share Will definitely pass along
    Dedicated Gamer and Writer
    Check out my blog, every read and share really helps out!

http://meanddavid.blogspot.com/
    http://forscent.tumblr.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Thumbs up on that, didn't know really. I have like 10-15 of the 615/630 upgrades weapns and armors. Time to spend them!

...............right after the maintenance, that is.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I'm not sure what the point is in doing it. I'm just holding on to them for now just in case they ever do anything useful with them. They stack up to 20 anyway so they don't take too much bag space, and given that vendoring them is only alternative for now they won't be losing a lot of value (apart from possibly inflation). Why do you need your inactive followers to even have gear? =/ Maybe if you're really short on bank/bag space I suppose.

That 20 pet battle analogy is as wrong as can be. Missions are limited by time anyway. If you leave them for a while and come back you may see 21ish (maybe more?) and will probably not be able to spam all of them in 1 go, but in 2 anyway. The limiting factor is that you should be building up a somewhat balanced team of followers to tackle all the missions you want. Even without doing research or having master plan add-on, just trying to get 3 or 4 counter for each trait and a mix of combo's is the best way to go. If you want to compare it to pet battles it comes down to needing to create a team of 3 that has some balance/synergy.
    Edit: or an even better analogy would be having to select 20 pets to do a pet battle tournament or world campaign or something, where you can only swap pets from that 20 instead of your full list.
    Last edited by mmocfb5d9aca2a; 2015-01-14 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know this, because all my inactives are level 95 or lower (and thus, ineligible for the armor/weapon upgrade items). So it was handy knowledge for me, thanks OP.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.