Looking for advice on roation Etc.

Well I was not invited to the guild mythic raid this week because my dps was said to be too low by my ilvl standards so I'm looking for some advice, I'm not the best at figuring out logs. My mage is remand

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rn3BALVz7cfMXtQY

And here is my armory

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player...ormrage/remand

You are wearing 2xused trinket... If you have Qrunestone or Sandman (2+/3) switch it.
    Do you always using thermal void? This is bad for couple stuations. Pure STarget fight and lightmov. ones PC beat TV.
    You should use MI on prepull 2> sec, not middle of the fight as i saw.
    Track your procs (wep enc, leg. ring proc etc.) and spend IN stacks and always save it 1 stack IN for procs (That is not mean alwasy have 1 stack IN, when you have a proc or something spend).
    Use WJ wisely and make sure have 2xFoF. If you switch target your WE will stay your last target and if you use WJ auto your WJ will be wasted.

Sorry for my bad english.
    // Do not go gentle into that good night. Old age should burn and rave at close of day. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. //
    Armory

I suck at reading eventlogs but heres my rule of thumb:

MI, Pot, and IV prepull.
    Get preferably 2 Brain Freeze and then use Frozen orb.
    Put down PC and spam all your instants on it including Icy Nova.

Use the next Icy Nova you get off CD then you will have 2 when the next PC is up.
    Save your Frozen Orb until PC is off CD.

Use MI on CD
    Bind this Water Jet macro to a key and use it midcast of a Frostbolt
    #showtooltip Water Jet
    /cast Water Jet

Try to not waste any Brain freezes or FoFs, and make good use of Ice Floes. (I've bound it to one of my mouse button for easy usage)

There's a few videos on youtube which explains the opener pretty good.

I'm sure there's more to min/maxing everything but for me this works pretty darn well.
    New mage: Armory
    Old mage: Armory
    Warlock: Armory

What fight's are they looking at specifically? Are they just using the percentiles on WCL and not realizing you're at the low end of one of the percentiles?

Edit - looking through a few of your fights, you do tend to have a habit of casting non FoF Ice Lances. Stop. There's not really any excuse to do so. Also if you're using PC, save FO for it. Also, you're losing CD casts on a few of your fights... Make a weak aura or something to remind you.

Start using Ice Floes.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2015-01-14 at 03:46 PM.

Why would you use IV prepull? It's not on the global, use it just as your first Frostbolt cast is finished (The one you line up with the /pull timer).
    Get 2 Brain Freeze? What is this advice even

You should prepot + MI before pull and have a frostbolt cast line up with the pulltimer, then you go on using frozen orb, putting down PC @boss (Remember, not just in range with the PC cleave because then you might miss out on the ice lance split). Lead up with the 100% IL you get from the first frozen orb, don't want to be munching on any of those sweet procs. After that, either use an IN if you have a lack of procs, because using it early on your PC will have it line up nicely with your cooldowns later on in the fight.
    Use your Water Jet ability halfway through a frostbolt cast, this generally works fine and should grant you 2 FoF procs

Quote Originally Posted by Eduro View Post
    Why would you use IV prepull? It's not on the global, use it just as your first Frostbolt cast is finished (The one you line up with the /pull timer).
    Get 2 Brain Freeze? What is this advice even
    I use IV as I cast my first FB.
    Getting atleast 1 or better yet 2 Brain freeze give me more power on PC. And as I said, theres probably some min/maxing I can do too, but I do more than fine how I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aianos View Post
    I use IV as I cast my first FB.
    Getting atleast 1 or better yet 2 Brain freeze give me more power on PC. And as I said, theres probably some min/maxing I can do too, but I do more than fine how I do it.
    You realize you lose 2 GCDs from FO and PC going out? Don't IV on the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You realize you lose 2 GCDs from FO and PC going out? Don't IV on the pull.
    I see your point and I will hold off with IV until those are out and see how that works out. My reason for using it earlier was to give me some fast procs before I used PC

If you're throwing out PC and FO together, you'll have procs regardless. If you don't you always have IN.