Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[after so many years i still find bc sets t5/6 the best suited for nearly every class

as the title say, i was browsing new mogs for all my chars (all horde nearly all of them male orcs except pala/druid taurens and priest belf) and i find myself always turning back to t5/6 i simply find them perfectly tailored for my classes/race combos, the only exception are the dk and the monk that for obvious reason don't have pre wotlk and pre mop set.
    I find all the new sets lacking something, despite having better texture and way more details then those old tbc sets; anyone have the same feelings ?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am still stick with my T8 25 man set. Spent tons of golds on xmogging but after few hours am always back on T8.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2015-01-14 at 10:52 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

I can't generalize like that, for example, I think that the CM was the best looking gear in the game for many classes.

It really depends, look:

Mother pus bucket!

I think Warlock t10, t13, t14, t17 (mythic version, at least) are by far the best / most iconic Warlock sets.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I can't generalize like that, for example, I think that the CM was the best looking gear in the game for many classes.

It really depends, look:
    pala t5 "power ranger" with the big hammer from gruul lair is nice better than nearly every recent set

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think Warlock t10, t13, t14, t17 (mythic version, at least) are by far the best / most iconic Warlock sets.
    t5 is the best imho
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    pala t5 "power ranger" with the big hammer from gruul lair is nice better than nearly every recent set
    Well, I must disagree there. Personally, i hate crystals and purple stuff, and I want my pally gear to be shiny metal in silver and gold, and perhaps some white/red/blue features. The only thing that I generally think is declining in that regard are elegant items with a metallic finish. Every weapon looks like a chunk of crude iron tied to a a stick with animal parts. I understand that's currently caused by the context of the barbaric orcish and orgre metalwork, but it has been a long time since a sleek blade as been part of the loot table. Even the non-moggable alliance sword you get from that admiral is stubby, the blade has a matt grey finish, and the gold handle looks drab. Yeah, that's also something I hate, 2handers getting short and fat, can almost not tell them a part from 1handers.
    Mother pus bucket!

Agreed.
    For me I always end using T4/5/6 in all my toons.
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

Deleted
    I think that the sets from cataclysm, especially the paladin t12 heroic set, are the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid T5 is one of the most fugly sets in the game....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I put t3 (real one, not the ugly recolor) in that level aswell.

i really like it on draenei, not so much on other classes except maaaybe BE

Deleted
    Something happend with the design of armor at the end of Wrath with the last season of pvp gear, then it went downhill, with a few rare occasions

Deleted
    BC definitely had a lot of great sets

I definately, great Warlock sets, the Warrior sets fit so well and the T5 rogue is my personal fave.

Deleted
    t5 is the best imho
    I hate Warlock T5 and T6. Yeah, they might be iconic - but in my opinion, they look horrible.
    T8, T13, and T14 on the other hand are amazing.

That said, I do not like most of the TBC sets in general. When it comes to item design, Cata wins for me.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember what tier it was, but the WotLK Naxxramas set for rogues (25 man) is still far and away my favorite. It's not very subtle, but has a more swashbuckling (combat) leather armor feel to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and I absolutely hate transmog cause every dipshit who think's he's creative is wearing tier5 or tier6.

Nope, do not have the same feeling. I like many of the new models. I also like to combine different sets to create new, and the more the merrier in that scenario!

Nothing wrong with your feelings though, everyone have different taste and with transmog there's no need to stick to the new stuff. You're perfectly fine to go back to t5/6
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Yeah and I absolutely hate transmog cause every dipshit who think's he's creative is wearing tier5 or tier6.
    Or they just like how it looks.

T6 priest. Amazing! Honorable mentions to T2 and T5.