Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sadly you need to main Sub + Combat in order to maximize DPS. Just gem/enchant multistrike to save money I guess.

And then you need assassin on twins and perhaps Bracken aswell (really strong on him).. Wish all specs did about the same dps really, so we could choose what we love. Though I don't feel it really matters unless you are trying hard for realm first etc. The difference isn't that huge, and as assassin I feel I do OK numbers on all fights (about 30k with 668ilvl), guess with sub I could push that to what, 32-33k?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I find Sub to be more than good enough for a lot of the fights that assass supposedly pulls ahead on, mainly twins and bracken. The two specs I keep are Combat and Sub only playing combat on Tectus and Imperator. Currently 673 ilevel and don't do under 35k on any of the bosses we've downed so far (cleared hc with 3/7mythic). Also for Bracken go Sub and do the flamethrowers using sprint + shadowstep before your shadowdance to do awesome dps whilst still following the tactic :P.

Darn, got Mythic fist and axe this week, and feel I have to go back to Combat. My Sinister Strike button will for sure fall off soon

However, looking at the tier set bonus for t17, I think combat will be really awesome once you get 4set bonus. Set Bonus
    "Your finishing moves have a 20% chance to generate 5 combo points and cause your next Eviscerate to consume no Energy."
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

play them both, they're both good for their given role

Deleted
    We can't really have a main spec, the way the specs are now we have to switch depending on the fight. Gemming and enchanting for multistrike allows you to do that very well, as it's the best stat for sub and second best for combat. I'd never do something purely single target like Butcher in combat spec, combat is severely outclassed by sub on pure single target.

Not sure why you feel the need to determine a main spec. If you want to do the best thing for the PUG you are participating in you will use the spec that is optimal for the encounter.

Please watch this youtube video Final Boss #66 Rogue Interview