Thread: SP Advice

SP Advice

Hey guys, long time reader first time poster.

So ive recently switched from disc to shadow.

Character: Riingo/Frostmourne/Gnome/Priest.
    Unable to put up a link.

Now my first question is i see alot of people saying crit is better than mastery? is that correct?
    Also i have Sandmans Pouch, Copelands Clarity and Shards of nothing, i believe copelands and shards sim higher? is that correct?

Thanks

Riingo *

Mastery is your best stat period for single target. Since most of our damage(even on cleave fights) is spamming mind blast and mind spike, Mastery is always better(unless you are dotting 3+ mobs which only happens on tectus).
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Pretty sure you should be stacking haste and mastery for CoP build.

And what about BIS trinkets with the current ones i have, 2x Use trinkets suck!

Use trinket's are awesome because you can time your burst damage with the raids needs.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Heres the thing, we want mastery but its not like you get a whole lot of gear choices in this expansion as iNT will tump all and even though other stats are not the best they are not terrible at all. I have to /facepalm when ever I see someone pass on gear with much higher item level because it has versatility on it.

I believe mastery would be the way to go especially for higher levels, especially since you are dotting multiple mobs, and casting aoe style attacks. on single target the mastery will also help with proccing your trinks, and other skills.
    As a lower level SP in the 20-29's we stack haste cause we have limited skills such as mind blast, and vampiric touch, and works well with off healing in 2's and bg's.

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    I believe mastery would be the way to go ... especially since you are dotting multiple mobs.
    What? Have I missed something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    What? Have I missed something?
    No. It sounds like Linri is talking about the old shadowy recall mastery. That obviously was replaced with mental anguish which does not affect dot damage at all. I also agree that secondaries aren't worth worrying about, always take the higher item level regardless of what's on it and worry about sidegrades later. For enchants, just pick a stat and go with it. There are arguments for almost everything out there.