Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Blackrock Foundry Raid Schedule

January 13 Hotfixes, Garrison Campaign Quests, Garrison Music, Colorblind Options

Blackrock Foundry Raid Schedule
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    It won’t be long before you’ll be able to take the assault against the Iron Horde to the next level in new Raid content. To help you plan your attack, we’ve broken down the unlock schedule for Blackrock Foundry and the third Draenor world boss – Rukhmar. Will you be ready?
    Those who plan to jump into the action in the Raid Finder will need a minimum item level of 635. Here's the rundown:

February 3, 2015:
    • Blackrock Foundry opens with Normal and Heroic difficulties available.
    • World boss Rukhmar becomes available in Spires of Arak.

February 10, 2015:
    • Mythic difficulty becomes available.

February 17, 2015:
    • Raid Finder Wing 1: Slagworks (Gruul, Oregorger, and The Blast Furnace) unlocks.

February 24, 2015:
    • Raid Finder Wing 2: The Black Forge (Hans’gar and Franzok, Flamebender Ka’graz, and Kromog ) unlocks.

March 10, 2015:
    • Raid Finder Wing 3: Iron Assembly (Beastlord Darmac, Operator Thogar, and The Iron Maidens) unlocks.

March 24, 2015:
    • Raid Finder Wing 4: Blackhand’s Crucible (Blackhand) unlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's sooner than I expected.

That LFR gating though. I feel bad for the people whose only progression that is.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just terrible, think i'm giving up even doing lfr in wow :/

That is just brilliant over four months from release until the supposed launch tier is fully available. Oh and what a coincidence it just so happens to be unlocked right at the end of the quarter when they count the subs.

Takes 3 months for them to flip the switch of a LAUNCH raid. Pathetic. Meanwhile people are unsubbing in droves due to lack of shit to do. Their facebook farmville mini game isn't keeping people entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    It's not progression. I'm not taking anything away from how they enjoy the game, but there is no concept of progression when wiping on an encounter in LFR is virtually impossible short of every character going AFK.
    I wonder if they removed stacks of determination this expansion, b/c I haven't seen them yet in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Wow, that's sooner than I expected.

That LFR gating though. I feel bad for the people whose only progression that is.

LOL are you joking or what !?!?

feb-March ahah ..we are not even halfway true january
    glad i unsubscribed .. but its sad though this xpack had so much interesting lore, its like blizzard cant bloody work with the middle ground, always extremes, in tbc it was very hard to have alts and have them geared and maxed properly but now its like the game encouraged 10 thousand alts and if you only play on 1 char, maybe 2 you have nothing to do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That is just brilliant over four months from release until the supposed launch tier is fully available. Oh and what a coincidence it just so happens to be unlocked right at the end of the quarter when they count the subs.
    that is how my government rules lol
    but they are not politicians...blizzard used to have devoted people, guess they are too old or greedy by now
    Last edited by mmoc0aa45d37f2; 2015-01-14 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    LOL are you joking or what !?!?

feb-March ahah ..we are not even halfway true january
    glad i unsubscribed .. but its sad though this xpack had so much interesting lore, its like blizzard cant bloody work with the middle ground, always extremes, in tbc it was very hard to have alts and have them geared and maxed properly but now its like the game encouraged 10 thousand alts and if you only play on 1 char, maybe 2 you have nothing to do
    I can't even process what you said.

You seriously think two weeks is such a long wait that you have to unsubscribe?

You do realize that February comes right after January, and March comes right after February, right? You don't actually think there's months in between those, right?

if any of you thought this tier would be any different than t14 then that's just ignorant. they don't want to open multiple raids at the same time anymore. if they did then blackrock foundry would've already been cleared and people would be complaining that there isn't a new raid until 6.2. and just cause a raid is in the first tier doesn't make it a launch raid. they've also said numerous times that the release of the t14 raids was way too fast and people complained about not having enough time. now they slow it down and people complain that its taking to long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    if any of you thought this tier would be any different than t14 then that's just ignorant. they don't want to open multiple raids at the same time anymore. if they did then blackrock foundry would've already been cleared and people would be complaining that there isn't a new raid until 6.2. and just cause a raid is in the first tier doesn't make it a launch raid. they've also said numerous times that the release of the t14 raids was way too fast and people complained about not having enough time. now they slow it down and people complain that its taking to long.
    Going through Mythic and I personally think it's a bit too fast. I was expecting late February would enough time for Highmaul, and then 2-3 months of Blackrock before the next full tier. I'm okay with it though, since that will give a majority (~500 or so guilds have even progressed enough through Mythic Highmaul to even matter) of raiders the chance to work on both at the same time.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2015-01-14 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Going through Mythic and I've personally think it's a bit too fast. I was expecting late February would be more than enough time of Highmaul, and then 2-3 months of Blackrock before the next full tier. I'm okay with it though, since that will give a majority (~500 or so guilds have even progressed enough through Mythic Highmaul to even matter) of raiders the chance to work on both at the same time.
    I completely agree. Only 136 guilds have cleared mythic and about 9500 guilds have cleared heroic with 15000 guilds sitting at 6/7H. There is obviously still a lot of mythic and heroic guilds that haven't finished Highmaul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

So I guess this whole last wing of LFR is one boss is going to be a continuing trend. On one hand it seems silly but on the other I guess it doesn't really affect much and can be nice for a quick wing to get through with limited time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserslaughtern View Post
    LFR whiners, what else is new?
    Well they are being mis treated, it's not their fault they can only run lfr. Imagine the out cry if every other difficulty wasn't released till the end of march. I can imagine the whining would be a million times worse than the lfr players can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    So I guess this whole last wing of LFR is one boss is going to be a continuing trend. On one hand it seems silly but on the other I guess it doesn't really affect much and can be nice for a quick wing to get through with limited time.
    I know with Imperator in Highmaul even on LFR including the trash leading up to it it's still a 15-20 minute clear, which is about the same if a bit less than the other two wings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Well they are being mis treated, it's not their fault they can only run lfr. Imagine the out cry if every other difficulty wasn't released till the end of march. I can imagine the whining would be a million times worse than the lfr players can do.
    They aren't being mistreated, they should be counted lucky that they get to experience the content, since before Dragon Soul people couldn't do that, and until this tier people had to agonize through a run that lasted way too long to see it. It also gives a bigger benefit to Normal/Heroic/Mythic raiders, who value the content higher in the first place, which is why they do it.

If a person wants to, they can easily do Normal, as it is just as easily puggable, even for people who run LFR, and will provide even a slight amount of challenge.

LFR is only a sight seeing tour, to make content that didn't used to be accessible, accessible to many people who don't or can't raid and want to feel a part of the story still.

Adding in all of LFR first would be pointless and rude to the people who spend their time focusing on the raiding aspect of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    t14 was a months difference in release. this is 2-3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also surprised that people seem to have such a short attention span that they didn't realize this pacing method for unlocking LFR was used throughout Mists of Pandaria, and also for Highmaul, which was less than two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    They aren't being mistreated, they should be counted lucky that they get to experience the content, since before Dragon Soul people couldn't do that, and until this tier people had to agonize through a run that lasted way too long to see it. It also gives a bigger benefit to Normal/Heroic/Mythic raiders, who value the content higher in the first place, which is why they do it.

If a person wants to, they can easily do Normal, as it is just as easily puggable, even for people who run LFR, and will provide even a slight amount of challenge.

LFR is only a sight seeing tour, to make content that didn't used to be accessible, accessible to many people who don't or can't raid and want to feel a part of the story still.

Adding in all of LFR first would be pointless and rude to the people who spend their time focusing on the raiding aspect of the game.
    The pomposity of this statement is utterly amazing. They should "be counted lucky" that they get to experience the content? The your arrogance is astounding.

You know what the benefit of doing the other difficulties over LFR is? THE GEAR. Did you forget about the gear?

But I guess we need to coddle people from others who they don't interact with whatsoever.

Because my precious feelings will be hurt if someone plays an easier difficulty than me with immensely inferior rewards.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-01-14 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    t14 was a months difference in release. this is 2-3.
    And a much better way to do it too, since it reduces pressure on raiders, gives more time to experience the first raid, adds a more progressive feel to the content, and helps properly bridge the gap between raids being released without resorting to fillers that mean nothing. (Don't tell me that 6 bosses and then 10 bosses is "nothing". Just look at Cataclysm.)

dem lfr casuals tears are so good.. great job blizzard