Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Okay, good point! So let's add Combat Potency into it. My understanding is that we have a 20% chance to proc MG with a 1.6 weapon, and therefore a 32.5% chance to proc MG with a 2.6 weapon.

So the chance to proc MG and have that MG proc CP is 0.2238 * 0.325 = 0.0727. So a 7.2% chance to generate 15 energy when using Eviscerate. As this means you'll proc it once every 13.9 Eviscerates we can conclude using 15/13.9 that you will earn an average of 1.08 energy in addition to the damage dealt.

So on 3 targets, the difference between Tempest and Evis is 880.5 damage in Tempest's favour. 1.08 energy is definitely not worth the loss of 880.5 damage.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2015-01-15 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Okay, good point! So let's add Combat Potency into it. My understanding is that we have a 20% chance to proc MG with a 1.6 weapon, and therefore a 32.5% chance to proc MG with a 2.6 weapon.

So the chance to proc MG and have that MG proc CP is 0.2238 * 0.325 = 0.0727. So a 7.2% chance to generate 15 energy when using Eviscerate. As this means you'll proc it once every 13.9 Eviscerates we can conclude using 15/13.9 that you will earn an average of 1.08 energy in addition to the damage dealt.

So on 3 targets, the difference between Tempest and Evis is 880.5 damage in Tempest's favour. 1.08 energy is definitely not worth the loss of 880.5 damage.
    Which is crazy because I always wind up doing more dmg not using CT. Maybe I keep trying and see if it's just bad play.

Deleted
    It's entirely possible that there's something I'm missing, I don't claim the maths is totally accurate but I do feel it's a good measure unless I've completely overlooked something.

But then it's also possible that bandit's guile just isn't lining up with AoE phases for some people, so people may think Tempest is worse than it actually is just because they're comparing it to more red state Eviscerates. Just a theory of course

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    It's entirely possible that there's something I'm missing, I don't claim the maths is totally accurate but I do feel it's a good measure unless I've completely overlooked something.

But then it's also possible that bandit's guile just isn't lining up with AoE phases for some people, so people may think Tempest is worse than it actually is just because they're comparing it to more red state Eviscerates. Just a theory of course

Ya thats probably it, I'm always BG red when on the big add phases of tec and imp