Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I never used either of those yet you tried to slander me as MRA which seeing how we're on the internet and given how they're portrait isn't anything but an outright insult. Actually given my post history it should be pretty obvious that I see MRAs as basically the male equivalent of Modern Feminists and don't hold either in high regard.
    Like I said if I misunderstood past posts to be MRA-ish or MRA-apologetic then I'm sorry. I'm done and I'm bowing out of the conversation though mate, once again if I was incorrect in believing you to be pro-MRA my apologies.
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2015-01-21 at 11:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    what about women who would rape men, did they do a study on that?

that question is like "would you rob a bank if you could get away with it?" well ofc...
    So... the only thing stopping you from raping and pillaging is the law? You have no moral qualms about it?

Deleted
    Maybe a bit tangential to topic, but yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    24 years, not 1 rape!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Some people are very disturbed and sick in their heads :/
    Yeah, like those who take that study seriously...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    24 years, not 1 rape!
    Have you looked at a women without her consent before? Rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Have you looked at a women without her consent before? Rape.
    Who needs to look when you have thoughts? Men + brain = rapeculture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Who needs to look when you have thoughts? Men + brain = rapeculture.
    Give all males a lobotomy! Only solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Look, I'm not on board with everything that is contained in the phrase "rape culture," but dismissing it out of hand is pretty dumb. A lot of what it's about, in particular shitawful attitudes towards victims, is pretty much indisputably true.
    Well she just did and most of what she said is true.

The fact that the false rape accusation figure is between 8% and 44% is more than troubling.

Deleted
    Look, I'm not on board with everything that is contained in the phrase "rape culture," but dismissing it out of hand is pretty dumb.
    Why? Do you believe in god? an ephemeral concept that exerts power over us, pretty much the same thing.
    A lot of what it's about, in particular shitawful attitudes towards victims, is pretty much indisputably true
    No, No.
    Its about attitudes towards WOMEN.
    Read it, as far as they are concerned its ONLY women that ever can be raped, Its only due to male dominance, its pretty much a totally bogus concept.

- - - Updated - - -

44% is the number that comes from one of those bullshit studies people here like to link. She made it pretty clear that she wasn't giving a range, but saying there's no consensus.
    the 44% number cited is a inferred number from known factors that are then extrapolated.
    It is quite valid.
    that is to say, it conforms to basic scientific methodology and statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    the 44% number cited is a inferred number from known factors that are then extrapolated.
    It is quite valid.
    that is to say, it conforms to basic scientific methodology and statistics.
    Yeah, let's see this extrapolation of the 44%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yeah, let's see this extrapolation of the 44%.
    Put simply, the figure was reached by inferring from know cases to unknown.

It extrapolated from details in known false cases, to other cases that was not know but shared those characteristics.
    its problems lies in those identifying characteristics, are they the key details? after all several details are bound to correlate for different reasons, or not correlate at all. How many of those characteristics should be shared? what quantity of know true cases (that in and of it self is a complicated construct, as there are innocent people in jail) shared some of those figures?
    This is all IIRC, and the full range was 25-44% and the researcher was, if memory serves, Donaldson, something.

Deleted
    Look, I'm not on board with everything that is contained in the phrase "rape culture," but dismissing it out of hand is pretty dumb. A lot of what it's about, in particular shitawful attitudes towards victims, is pretty much indisputably true.
    Let's ignore how the term to begin with wasn't even coined by the people nowadays using them and originally dated back to what was happening in prisons (which they completely ignore). Victim blaming in general is the problem. It's absolutely rampant and sadly accepted in general to the extent that often times even murder victims tend to get blamed for "having provoked" their murderer or "having put themselves in danger".

If you have a problem with people putting part of the blame on victims of a crime and defending the criminal I'm completely and absolutely on your side though.

Women have brothers and fathers to protect them from bad guys. Its always been that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Women have brothers and fathers to protect them from bad guys. Its always been that way.
    The corollary to this rule is that then they don't get to speak for themselves.
    its supposed to be One way or the other.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a good, brief essay on these 'studies':

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blo...stent-epidemic

A study of 73 people? That's a goddamn house party, not a test group. You can't glean anything from those results save for the fact that about a third of those guys might theoretically force a woman into sex without realizing they were raping them, judging from the wording of the questions and how 13 of the original 86 couldn't produce clear enough answers to make it into the study.

Also, humorous that this farce made it to page 69 in a rape thread.