Can the ISIS children be "saved?"

Just caught the news of the lastes ISIS propaganda video in which they have a 10(ish) year old execute two FSB agents. One of the comments I read stated something to the effect of "Yes kill all the adults but the children didn't have a choice. They can still be saved and re-integrated" or basically to that effect.

Personally, I'd say no. If these kids are at their 10-13 years and executing people, I really don't believe they could ever be "civilized" as one person put it. I understand that "being saved" is a very vague concept, but even in the most broadest of terms I don't know if I could ever see it happening.

What do you think? If you think they could, how do you think that should be done? If you don't, what should be done?

They made their bed, they can blow up in it.

wow that was bad even for me, though I thought this was more about the like dumb western kids who ran away to join ISIS
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-01-14 at 11:41 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I believe so, depends on the kid. Once they are aware they've been lied to by whoever sent them on their suicide missions, they might start to believe things other than what was pounded into them. Look at one of the young shooters from Lashkar e taiba after the Mumbai shooting.

Can't know for sure if he's genuine, but he did condemn the people who set them on the mission in the first place. Most of these kids only get one perspective, give them another, and it'll make them think.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2015-01-15 at 01:38 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly not sure, I'd like to think there is a chance for them but I really don't know. To "save" them you would have to take them from everything they have ever known and show them that everything they have ever been taught is completely against what the rest of the world believes in, and hope that they don't resent the west for it even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about "being saved" / "beheading at 10" and "civilized" reminds me of some dark ages.

Ideas go in and out of the head, anyone on earth can be conviced.
    But that cost time, time is money, and we don't have any money. (when we are richer than ever)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure, really.

Sure, kids have endured tragic/fucked up things and grown into perfectly healthy functioning adults. But some don't, and many an adult have psychological disorders/impairments/issues that they struggle with almost daily.

Edit, for an after thought: Being indoctrinated at birth and having this ideology/behavior drilled into you 24/7 is going to make that near impossible.
    Last edited by Derpules; 2015-01-14 at 11:46 PM.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Honestly not sure, I'd like to think there is a chance for them but I really don't know. To "save" them you would have to take them from everything they have ever known and show them that everything they have ever been taught is completely against what the rest of the world believes in, and hope that they don't resent the west for it even more.
    That's my thought as well. However, I would imagine they'd probably never forget what they had done and I don't know if that would really ever let them "convert" for a lack of a better term. While it might be anecdotal, I'm pretty sure most people on here can reflect back to that age range and not picture themselves so easily (hell even gleefully in some videos) taking another human life. That's some pretty deeply rooted pathways at such a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could be "saved". But only if they are separated and put in families with completely different values in an environment where they will be not allowed to encounter muslims. For instance a very rural countryside in the US, Northern Europe or China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do drones count as saviors? No? Oh...

7+ Year Old Account
    More than likely not. It would be just as hard as turning, say Endus, into a climate denying religious fanatic(conservative republicans are fanatics but we are talking ISIS fanatic, a much stronger form of fanaticism).

Is it possible? Yes
    Is it probable? Not in this lifetime.
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2015-01-15 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything is possible. Brainwashing kids is fairly easy, undoing brainwashing is pretty hard.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.