Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any ele did the gun on Brackenspore mythic?

i know im not the best class to do this, but my grp designed me to do the gun with a boom and a hunter, but i was curious if any ele shaman who did this have any advice! for my part i always try to get 11-12 stack before to come back on adds and boss, any advice other that my class is welcome as well ty!

Tell your group to get someone else to do it, ele is the worst class (at least close to worst) to do flamethrower on Brackenspore. Either get another hunter or another boomkin to do it, they are the best because boomkins starfalls wreck the spore shooters and hunters can still dps 100% while killing moss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShawoman View Post
    Tell your group to get someone else to do it, ele is the worst class (at least close to worst) to do flamethrower on Brackenspore. Either get another hunter or another boomkin to do it, they are the best because boomkins starfalls wreck the spore shooters and hunters can still dps 100% while killing moss.
    we did this because we have no other boomkin or hunter to do this, manage to do between 25-35k on our attempts, we wiped on brackenspore all the night, also anyone can tell me if we must go on moss after every infesting spore? ty!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggleee View Post
    we did this because we have no other boomkin or hunter to do this, manage to do between 25-35k on our attempts, we wiped on brackenspore all the night, also anyone can tell me if we must go on moss after every infesting spore? ty!
    Also no rogues or even resto druids.... ?

Deleted
    Elemental Shaman can do it fine, because of the speed boosts we have. We aren't the most efficient at it, but we can cover very large amounts of ground if you don't have other options. Making Healers do it, or making melee do it, is totally overkill, we aren't that bad.

As for advice, I think Elemental Mastery and Unleashed Fury at two really key talents on this fight. You could argue that Echo is better than EM on it for EQs, but I feel like using EM with the moss buff will be much more worth it. Unleashed Fury is good because it also takes advantage of the buff, and helps with mobility too (the speed buff is really useful I've found on this fight).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggleee View Post
    Sorry to say. but the issue here is your group/strategy/rooster.

Ele shamans are the shit right now. and even blizzard stated that on their interview, that ele's needs a little bump which we will get at 6.1

tell your leaders that you guys should begin to reroll or recruit. or think of a whole different way dealing with flamethrowers.

i'm currently trying to reroll boomie since ele is shit.

Deleted
    Hunters, rogues, balance/resto druids are very good and viable. An Elemental Shaman just shouldnt do it, unless you want to gimp your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Critchick View Post
    Ele shamans are the shit right now. and even blizzard stated that on their interview, that ele's needs a little bump which we will get at 6.1
    I would say that there's a pretty big difference between being shit and needing a little bump. Unless you're wiping at <5% each time, ele having slightly below average DPS is not the problem.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Elemental Shaman can do it fine, because of the speed boosts we have. We aren't the most efficient at it, but we can cover very large amounts of ground if you don't have other options. Making Healers do it, or making melee do it, is totally overkill, we aren't that bad.

As for advice, I think Elemental Mastery and Unleashed Fury at two really key talents on this fight. You could argue that Echo is better than EM on it for EQs, but I feel like using EM with the moss buff will be much more worth it. Unleashed Fury is good because it also takes advantage of the buff, and helps with mobility too (the speed buff is really useful I've found on this fight).
    i think this too yup

and YES we have no rogue, haha i know its weird but yeah no rogue, i asked some strategy to gunner who have already did it and some told me that 2 gunner until 55-70% is totally fine since there is not so much thing, the third is really a clearer if needed, and that the two gunner should always go on moss after each infesting spore, if you have any advice for this fight, feel free to share

p.s i have already downed this fight with a another guild(i was 6/7 M) but i left because of the bad atmosphere, anyway yeah i have regress and i redid prog on twin, now bracken spore and for incoming fight too...but still better

Our elemental used to do it before we got a second hunter, but we had no problems. Just ghost wolf if you're forced to use the flamethrower

Sorry to say. but the issue here is your group/strategy/rooster.

tell your leaders that you guys should begin to reroll or recruit. or think of a whole different way dealing with flamethrowers.

I play Elemental and have no problems. Our mobility needs a small bump but we're not bad at all otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I would say that there's a pretty big difference between being shit and needing a little bump. Unless you're wiping at <5% each time, ele having slightly below average DPS is not the problem.
    ok. and then we see scrubbusters get first mythic imperator kill with 4 boomies.

my point is. why would you even recruit an ele shaman in current patch for your guild.

oh we should have an ele cuz they do less dmg than others. pretty straight up no other reason for now.

My DK does a lot better on the flamethrower than my Ele. The Ele lacks burst damage for high stacks and the speed isn't as great as expected either.

WHY did I read that you would put a resto druid on flamethrower.... yeah sure there's a healing buff from it, but there is no need to even have a healer getting it because A) the mushrooms do the healing during Infesting Spores and B) coordinate raid cooldowns / healing cooldowns / raid wide defensives. It is better to have 3 optimal dps that can maintain the damage buff and annihilate the spore shooters / big add, then nuke the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShawoman View Post
    WHY did I read that you would put a resto druid on flamethrower.... yeah sure there's a healing buff from it, but there is no need to even have a healer getting it because A) the mushrooms do the healing during Infesting Spores and B) coordinate raid cooldowns / healing cooldowns / raid wide defensives. It is better to have 3 optimal dps that can maintain the damage buff and annihilate the spore shooters / big add, then nuke the boss.
    Because druids have incredible mobilty and can clear a lot of moss in very little time. Two sprints, passive movement speed increase while in cat form, and they're able to do a lot of healing while moving.

Frankly, knowing how to handle the flamethrower is more important than what class you're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Because druids have incredible mobilty and can clear a lot of moss in very little time. Two sprints, passive movement speed increase while in cat form, and they're able to do a lot of healing while moving.

Frankly, knowing how to handle the flamethrower is more important than what class you're playing.
    Frankly, it's better to utilize 3 dps that have good burst cooldowns to use each time you get high stacks so you can kill boss/adds faster than sacrificing a healer to go out and clear moss, especially when you push down to 3 healers, even 4 healers it is better for them to focus on keeping tanks alive as well as topping off mushrooms in time for infesting spores.

Deleted
    But Elemental doesnt have good burst CDs to use each time with high stacks.

Deleted
    Saying elemental is shit right now, doesn't bode well with me, since I am an elemental shaman, and progressing Butcher mythic. And the only 2 people that are above on our good tries, is 2 arcane mages. else I am very high on the dps on all single target or 5 target fight. I will agree that our 2 target dps is not really as good as other classes right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaminari View Post
    Saying elemental is shit right now, doesn't bode well with me, since I am an elemental shaman, and progressing Butcher mythic. And the only 2 people that are above on our good tries, is 2 arcane mages. else I am very high on the dps on all single target or 5 target fight. I will agree that our 2 target dps is not really as good as other classes right now.
    Please. For gods sake. No one cares about your personal raids DPS meter - we use logs as evidence, when we bring such things up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Please. For gods sake. No one cares about your personal raids DPS meter - we use logs as evidence, when we bring such things up.
    The thing is, unless I mistook the tone of the OP, we DO care about personal meters. The original question was has anyone done it as Ele, and if so do they have any advice. If you can do it and do it well, then great. What no-one should really care about is whether or not we are the best to do it, because that doesn't actually mean jack shit. If you are the best performer at it in your raid, then you should do it. It makes literally no difference to the majority of raiding guilds what the top 0.1% do, because in the majority of guilds player performance is a much, much bigger factor.

Due to this performance issue being of much more importance, I do think that anecdotal evidence is useful. If the question was "Which class is the best at doing the flamethrowers" then we would look at logs, but that was not the question, so don't say that no-one cares when it is the entire point of the thread.