Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chintz View Post
    do you guys think one of the criterias to be eligible for the gift is that the account was active for 10 years?
    Think so, ar maybe a maximum of 4-5 months not subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by Elmow View Post
    Think so, ar maybe a maximum of 4-5 months not subscribed
    EU : 13/2/2005N/A Free Month Expired

Although I unsubbed for 6 months Cata and I've not had an email. So guess im our of luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by healme View Post
    Although I unsubbed for 6 months Cata and I've not had an email. So guess im our of luck.
    No emails have been sent yet.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by healme View Post
    EU : 13/2/2005N/A Free Month Expired

EU didnt receive any emails at all. But I guess your 6 months and my 7 months still disqualify us D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the actual blue post? There is one at the first page of this thread but it doesn't actually exist?
    What's the point of creating a fake blue post when you clearly stating that this is not officially confirmed right after?

Thought I would throw my info in here to help people figure out if they are eligible even though it said no emails have been sent....I do have a confirmed acct. in Dec. 2004 and have unsubbed for at least probably 8 months over this time. Haven't heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Where is the actual blue post? There is one at the first page of this thread but it doesn't actually exist?
    What's the point of creating a fake blue post when you clearly stating that this is not officially confirmed right after?
    It was deleted.

Sub since release without any interruption whatsoever. Did not receive anything and I dont expect anything. this to me feels like someone at blizzard published a message by mistake, hence it got removed fast. Some people will receive a little present, but I cannt see blizzard sending a present to ALL players subscribed since launch without interruption, it would be a huge undertaking and costs way too much.

So many of us were kids back then.................

KIDS!

I was 13 when the game came out! Really Blizz, I would have been your loyal servant for the glorious 9.5 years I've been playing, having to had let my account expire for never more than a month because my parents stopped paying the bill... I was 13 when it came out, and my parents have never had financial security.

I fancy myself a "Vanilla raider," but this great accomplishment was simply LUCK for those of us who were children when the game came out, if you happened to be well off with parents who either didn't care about paying your fee regardless of any consequences 'they' may perceive.

So grats.

Grats you lucky bastards who have won the game. You "deserve" it. It's difficult to stay stubbed for 10 years, I know, I couldn't for multiple reasons: not knowing the game came up until 5 months after, being a child and dependent on my parents for 1/2 the game's life.

If in another 10 years, or 15 years, you do a special "physical gift" for the 20th or 25th anniversary. I'm going to scream.

As a collector at heart, my heart is crushed by having known I was gated without any ability to have prevented it, and to possibly be gated forever in the future.

My aliquoted 9.5 year, 360 days+ played sub is just not worthy of your thanks (more than a whole year logged in within that "10 year gap" - it astonishes me).

Thanks for showing your "support" to your "loyal" players.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post

KIDS!

I was 13 when the game came out! Really Blizz, I would have been your loyal servant for the glorious 9.5 years I've been playing, having to had let my account expire for never more than a month because my parents stopped paying the bill... I was 13 when it came out, and my parents have never had financial security.

I fancy myself a "Vanilla raider," but this great accomplishment was simply LUCK for those of us who were children when the game came out, if you happened to be well off with parents who either didn't care about paying your fee regardless of any consequences 'they' may perceive.

So grats.

Grats you lucky bastards who have won the game. You "deserve" it. It's difficult to stay stubbed for 10 years, I know, I couldn't for multiple reasons: not knowing the game came up until 5 months after, being a child and dependent on my parents for 1/2 the game's life.

If in another 10 years, or 15 years, you do a special "physical gift" for the 20th or 25th anniversary. I'm going to scream.

As a collector at heart, my heart is crushed by having known I was gated without any ability to have prevented it, and to possibly be gated forever in the future.

My aliquoted 9.5 year, 360 days+ played sub is just not worthy of your thanks (more than a whole year logged in within that "10 year gap" - it astonishes me).

So, should it be 9½ years? 9 years? 8½ years?
    No matter what, people will cry.

It's a 10 year anniversary, so of course it's going to be 10 years.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Yesterday i've checked my Account History and the first registration was:
    11/3/2005 N/A 1-days Exempt Expired
    Today i've checked again and now they added 1 more line before that:
    11/2/2005 N/A Free Month Expired
    My account is from the day one so they are up to something in the Europe too. The thing is that my account now is frozen and I don't know if I'm eligible. I'm waiting for the 6.1 to open it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    So, should it be 9½ years? 9 years? 8½ years?
    No matter what, people will cry.

It's a 10 year anniversary, so of course it's going to be 10 years.
    Exactly, don't do it at all, this was a terrible decision.

Deleted

Whining

KIDS!

So grats.

Jesus f-in christ, put some vaseline on that butthurt before it spreads even further.
    You truly can't see why they had to put such a strict limit to this whole gift-thing where it actually means sending shit across the earth for "free"?
    Even being as strict as they are with this offer I'm sure they've got thousands upon thousands of people that receive things.

Exactly, don't do it at all, this was a terrible decision.
    And yet loyalty rewards have been requested by players for a long time.

No matter what Blizzard does, there will always be people who complain.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    I think it would have been wise and would have been better received if they made some in-game "thankyou" for the veterans, while having broader criteria (anyone who started in Vanilla/TBC and bought every expansion, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    And yet loyalty rewards have been requested by players for a long time.

No matter what Blizzard does, there will always be people who complain.
    Umm..

Except the whole part about players requesting loyalty rewards is just wishful thinking, not complaining. You can't complain about what doesn't exist.

Once you actually introduce it, then it becomes real, and that's the issue. They should NEVER have done this, and just let people continue to have their "wishes." Because "wishes" are harmless, but once it's real it becomes very personable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm..

Except the whole part about players requesting loyalty rewards is just wishful thinking, not complaining. You can't complain about what doesn't exist.

Once you actually introduce it, then it becomes real, and that's the issue. They should NEVER have done this, and just let people continue to have their "wishes." Because "wishes" are harmless, but once it's real it becomes very personable.
    It makes no sense to reward people outside the 60 day limit of the release date. None. You weren't there at the start? Tough luck, you don't deserve anything. You're not special, and Blizzard just proved it. Get off your horse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya that's garbage. I got the game the night it came out, but didn't sub until after the Holidays because I was 15 and had things going on.

Not sure why it needs to be 10 full years, there are probably only a hand full of people receiving this.
    That's exactly why. Blizzard is being cheap. So they found a way to only give something to like, 20 people in the entire world.

Thanks, Blizzard. Glad to know that players that started before BC, but after launch, don't mean shit to you.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    That's exactly why. Blizzard is being cheap. So they found a way to only give something to like, 20 people in the entire world.

Thanks, Blizzard. Glad to know that players that started before BC, but after launch, don't mean shit to you.
    Reading through some the vast majority of the replies in this thread is just, wow....beyond cringeworthy.

my heart is crushed

While 360+ days may seem like a lot. It really isn't. I think I have that on one of my alts. My main rogue from release day one has 554. And as many have stated, there needs to be a cut off some where, as well as any other criteria blizzard wants to add to it. Near the end of BC my sub lapsed for about 2 months because of personal issues. If it dq's me from the veteran gift oh well. Why can't people just be happy for those who will get this unique reward? Is it so much easier to be jealous and upset about it, than happy for those who receive it?