Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Reminds me of the stories of people going to comedy clubs and then finding something insulting and trying to confront the comedian after the show... saw one of these with jimmy carr, his response was you know who i am, you know what i say and yet you still book tickets for my show and then complain about what i say? you are an idiot.
    Yeah we had one recent in my country. They beat the comedian up and after he still managed to make a joke about the attackers.

Yeeeaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah, give it time! lets just let keeping people forcing young teen girls to marry middle aged men go on! Its completely normal! Lets just laugh as people whip the press for talking, while the same people doing the whipping say the attack in france was bad!
    I'm not saying I actually believe in it, but it's just too fitting not to throw it in here... how about you turn the other cheek for a change?

Sorry, had to do that! Now, as for my actual response, I'm not saying we need to tolerate abuse like in Paris. I approve of sending the french Carrier down there to hopyfully fuck someone's morning up real good. But the actual change in the culture cannot be radically impressed from the outside. Look at history, whenever anyone tried that, they failed in the long run and left the area more messy than it was before. I dare you to show me any instance where that is not true.

To be more concrete: As long as mothers let their own fate happen to their daughters as well, there is nothing we can do about it. As backwards as it may seem to us.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm not saying I actually believe in it, but it's just too fitting not to throw it in here... how about you turn the other cheek for a change?
    I'm not religious in any way. I'm not an atheist, or a christian, or a muslim, or a budhhist. the simple fact that arranged marriages still exist, and laws like "women can't drive!" in 2015 is a travesty of the human race, completely independent of ANY religion.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not religious in any way. I'm not an atheist, or a christian, or a muslim, or a budhhist. the simple fact that arranged marriages still exist, and laws like "women can't drive!" in 2015 is a travesty of the human race, completely independent of ANY religion.
    It is independant of any religion, totally agree. It becomes problematic when religion is part of the gouvernment. I have no idea what the Qu'ran actually says about forced marriages, but I bet you an ice-cream cone that the muftis at least look the other way if something like that happens, and they run the places in Iran and wherever it seems. Once they secularise their countries like Turkey did, they're on a good way to abolish stuff like that. Now do you want to tell the Ayatollah in Iran he's going to have to step into the background and be just a figurehead for a religion or should I?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Since this pope has gone on record to say homosexuals sin by virtue of their sexuality alone can I punch him?

...No?

Well fuck.
    I don't see why religion should be immune to ridicule when high ranking individuals hold such intolerant beliefs. It's likely this is just a clever attempt to deflect blame and silence criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread, predictably, went from an honest discussion of a news story about moral implications into discussion of differences between religions and various problems with religions.

This thread could have stayed open if the topic had stayed on the moral implications, but since it's now a religious debate, it's getting closed.

CLOSED.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2015-01-16 at 12:18 PM.